April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Oh god Candy because she is a psycho!!!! You should have seen her face when they were reading off Laurynn's entry paper....she only put her and my Ex and Laurynn scribbled Stephanies name out and so it read parents are Pete and Laurynn Campbell and Rashel Brown!!! Bahahahahaha their faces were priceless!!!! And her bitch Aunts kept giving me go to hell looks the whole time!!!! I just smiled and laughed it up because they were all nut cases! I felt bad Laurynn didn't place but she had fun and thats all that mattered.

Well I'm still up, but that's my insomnia and it seems my little man is on a fairly regular night schedule already which means I have 2 more hours of awake time, then sleep until 6AM EST :thumbup: Liam spent a ton of time with his daddy today building a fire pit for s'mores, hot dogs and other fun things this summer. The weather got a bit milder here in the states, but not as warm as it was while I was stuck in the hospital! I was so unhappy that the days I was being looked after "in house" were 78 degrees and sunny and I couldn't go outside at all :cry:

Looking forward to a visit from some friends tomorrow morning some time. Getting Jackson used to hanging out with friends and family is important to me. I'm also swollen on the bottom half now that my tummy is going down. Boo! I have to keep my feet above my head but I feel so lazy :nope: I guess there's no way to win after a c-section. You aren't supposed to get up and run around, but then I get wry looks from Greg like I'm being lazy on purpose. He's aware of how I feel, but I still feel like he's giving me looks. Damn hormones!

Just wanted to share that baby's hospital bag is ready. I had my list in my arms ordering DH around lol he is such a great help and a good sport when he wants to be one! <3

I'm leaving mine for last minute.

off for a long walk now.

Good luck lily, hope the walk gets things moving along!

I didn't have my bag packed when I went into labour, as I was kinda in denial about it being true labour, it was hilarious scrabbling round trying to find everything when i finally realised I was in established labour and looking precipitate again :haha:

Congrats sugaree. xx

Lol i bought bigger sizes for paige since most things will fit her for a while. i just bought her new dress as my friend was coming to take some piks. We only got 2 good ones i thought she would have got more but paige was being little fussy pants lol so she's going to come back and try again lol..

Im lucky enough to get them done free lol and her sister is due her little one soon to soon more baby piks :) lol xx

Posted the 2 piks below.

Good luck lily hope the walking helps x

Attachments

• IMG_4860.jpg
    IMG_4860.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4878.jpg
    IMG_4878.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
omg mommabrown that is brilliant :haha: !! I saw a picture of Laurynn on facebook she looked beautiful, doesn't matter that she didn't place, she still done you proud xx

Me and Aaron have completely fallen out I'm not even talking to him... I wedged my BFing pillow between our faces last night, he was mad at me for taking a nap yesterday.. I couldn't help it I BFed Ben then fell asleep :/ I said to him that I was still recovering from having Ben and I was tired and he said to... wait for it........ you had a baby 11 days ago!! it only takes 3 days to recover!!

OMG!!! I could kill him!

Sugaree what an amazing story!! Welcome to baby Jaxon, and congratulations to you and oh!

Mommabrown: poor Laurynn! Although poor you having to clean up the sofa! It's so nice that she is so eager to help look after Emmaleigh.

Stmw: that's such a lovely idea to pump so roxy can help out, you're one dedicated momma.

Kristy: I changed Chelsea's weight for you :) my hospital gave us Isabelle's weight in kg as well, but we were both baffled and they had to convert it for us!!!

Candy, Aaron is such an idiot to say that! If he'd like I can come round and show him my stitches which are still swollen and red, and he can see how even though its been 11 days I still am not quite recovered?! :haha:

Oh my gosh, exhaustion has finally caught up with me. Isabelle has been doing some crazy feeding over the last two days, and I didn't realise how tired I was getting. Last night she was up 4 times to eat, and this morning I was just exhausted. She slept soundly in between feeds, but just the up and down took it out of me. Brought her down to Simon at 9am and went back to bed. We were supposed to take her to church today, but by the time I woke up again she needed fed so I wouldn't have had time to get ready.

So yeah, I am snooze fest over here today.

omg doggylover he pushed me over the edge this morning he stayed in bed til 11 then I said oh J wouldnt mind a lie in!! he was like well you done nothing for three months!! calling me lazy and telling me to go take the kids out and shut up... so I threw a cup of water in his face!!! omg.. I feel terrible! hes packed most his stuff and gone to his mums house! :/

First time really being on the forums since coming home from the hospital but Baby Jaxon Salvatore surprised us and came early on March 14th! 7lb 12oz, 22 inches.

Went for my weekly dr visit on the 13th after having some mild contractions on the ride down to the doctor (which luckily is attached to the hospital), she did the internal and told me that I was a bit over 4cm and that the head was fully engaged. I guess I just looked shocked as I sat there because she picked up my clothes from the chair next to my OH, handed them to me and said "girl, youre in active labor. This baby is gonna be here by the end of the day. go upstairs to L&D. NOW!!" lol.
Hubby and I took a minute to make phone calls, then suddenly both break down and cry (tears of joy and shock) as we realized that our baby boy was coming!!!

After 30 hours of labor then 3 hours of pushing he was finally here. The dr that I saw the day before (that told me I was having the baby by the end of the day) ended up delivering my baby so I got to 'yell' at her for lying to me about that. :lol:

Lil chunkers growing so fast! I cant take it!

View attachment 602119 View attachment 602127 View attachment 602131

Congratulations hun!! He's absolutely gorgeous!!

Cherry bump, those pics are adorable, so cute!!

Oh Candy, Aaron needs a kick in the nuts!! I'm sure he is just overwhelmed and tired, but he still has a lot to learn!!! Are you going to start pumping too? Maybe getting a days worth of milk ready for him and then give him Ben duty for 1 entire day and night!! That should cure his thoughts of you being "lazy" :growlmad:
Let him go to his mom! If he has to run away when things are exhausting, then you dont need him around anyway!

thanks Steph I cant believe he is acting this way he was so great at the start... I think I will pump and bugger off out for the day.. go get my hair and nails done and let him see how hard it is. I love my little Ben more than life but I really need a break now and then... hes had a lie in and now hes relaxing on his ass at his mums house! I could kill him!

Candy Hun I'm sorry Aaron's being an arse at the moment and I hope he bucks his ideas up soon! Maybe is mum will knock some sense into him as she surely knows what it's like! I have to say Stephen hasn't been too bad! But he still pisses me off lol! He has the play station on all day and I'm sick of watching this fricking game!
Sarah I know how you feel with the cluster feeding, not only that my lil man has thrush in his mouth and I've got it on my nipples, so we are both taking medication but feeding is uncomfortable! For both him and me, bless him! So he is super needy for me and is not feeding as well as he usually is so feeding more frequently in smaller amounts! :( can't wait till its cleared up! I feel awful, the midwife said its so common in babies and not my fault but I feel like it is!
Cherry gorgeous pics! And so lucky your getting them for free, I don't know if any of your hospitals did it but they came round and took pics the day he was born like a little mini shoot! I was like ok but I won't be buying any.... £50 later I had 4 pics lol.... I couldn't help it they were too cute!
Mommabrown I saw the pic of your daughter on fb! She is gorgeous, looks like you too!
X

Kealz I was convinced I have thrush for a few days- what symptoms do you and James have?

Just out Isabelle's first cloth nappy on. It makes her have such a chunky butt!

My mum really annoyed me today :growlmad: Isabelle tends to cluster from about 4pm until maybe 9pm so when we were at my sisters for dinner she needed fed a lot. I let her feed off one side until she falls off herself. If its only been 10mins or so I burp her then stuck her back on that side and she continues. She rarely (ie maybe once) has taken both sides in one feed. When she was grizzling earlier my sil said she thought she needed fed. My mum said "oh ill take her and settle her, she only ate half an hour ago"
To which I said "no if she's hungry I will feed her" Then My mum said to Isabelle "maybe if you were allowed to take both sides you wouldn't be hungry"
:growlmad: really annoyed me.

Sarah, James's tongue is white, it looks like he has just been sick. An he is not quite latching on properly (as his tongue hurts bless him) so he is feeding more frequently but less amounts! As for me, my nipples are sore, not the same as when you fee it's more of a burning pain, all over my boob too! And nipple tip looks swollen! Very uncomfortable :(
I've noticed mums (and nans) like to intervene when it comes to breast feeding! At the end of the day hun you know your baby and her feeding patterns and cues. So just let it go over your head! You will soon learn that grand parents will try and push their techniques onto you and try to undermine you! Lol they do t mean to! It's just what grand parents do! I'm used to it now and just ignore it! As for feeding off one boob at a time, James is the same! Very rarely does he take other one! He will drain one and then he will fall asleep, ill burp him, but he never really burps as breast fed babies don't as much as formula fed ones then swap him over but he will have few mouthfuls an off he goes! :) you know what's right! That's all that matters!

Kealz have you checked him for a tongue tie? Ben's tongue is white but pink round the edges, he has trouble latching too so I took him to a BFing expert who said he has a tongue tie, we are going to see if he needs a little snip on tuesday at a tongue tie clinic xx

sarah I think people like to think they know best, like my exes mum who wouldnt let me feed Connie, she called her fat and forced a dummy on her to the point where I was so engorged I got blocked ducts, a severe infection and lost my whole supply :( Stick to your guns you know Isabelle best and you know your boobs best.. Ben feeds off the same side twice before I swap over too.. dont let anyone change what you're doing xx

Yeah candy the midwife checked him, she is the one who diagnosed thrush. He hasn't had any trouble latching on till Friday. My nephew and niece both had tongue tie. Benson will be fine!!! Finally James's cord fell off today!!! So have him his first bath! He loved it! Going to have a water baby I think! Can't wait till he has had his jabs so we can take him swimming! So I'm really annoyed at Stephen! I've been wanting to have a bath for a few days, been having rush showers! So we bathed Paige then James, and I was planning to feed James straight after so that I could jump in the bath un disturbed then he could get paigenoff to sleep but no! He insisted that he would be fine settling him as he doesn't get to have him much, so I go run my bath, and all hot water is now gone and James now wants a feed! So not nice hot bath for me tonight! As he has now been feeding for 20 mins!! :( stupid Stephen not listening to me!

Sarah, my mom has been good about letting me do what I feel is right but I think she is just terrified that I won't come over as much :haha:.
I feed Grayson from one side for a total of 30 min (on and off.. Since he usually falls off between 10-15min.. And asks for more 10 min later). If he still wants more after 30 min, I switch sides. It's what they told me to do at the breastfeeding meeting.
The pediatrician told me during my appointment, that in another 3-4 weeks, I should not let him nurse for more then 15-20 min per feeding. Anything after that is Grayson nursing for comfort :cry:.
Have you girls noticed that LO are nursing shorter as they get older? I feel like Grayson used to nurse for at least 25min... Now he seems happy with 18min :shrug:?

For those ladies that have experience with pumping:
I was told to start at 3 weeks... My question is... When do you pump? After LO feeds in the morning? I know your only supposed to pump once a day at first. Also... If you have refrigerated breast milk, do you run that under warm water as well or do you serve it cold :coffee:

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to make any mistakes lol

Morning ladies!!!

Good job everyone, you had the babies, am I the last one standing??? *hides in shame*

I'm packing my hospital bag as I have a hunch they will keep me at the hospital today, I will do my hair and will go for a NST.
I feel unwell, can't breath, like coming down with pneumonia. I was snoring all night. And baby moves less than usual, but still moves a little, has hick ups etc so I guess he is ok, but not thriving.
I'm ready for anything today, I don't care, natural birth, induction, c section. I feel so crappy I could scream.
My long walk yesterday didn't help at all, apart making me feel drained and sick :p I wanted to go to the post office to pick up some nappies, but can't I feel horrible. I had DH go and pick it up.

So wish me luck and I will try to update you in FB, if I can log in as my cell is an ancient one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->