April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Sarah, the first time I pumped (right after feeding in the am), I got 2.5oz from both. The next day I was up to 3oz, then 3.5oz. The one night I pumped (instead of feeding), I got 5 oz.
When I pump one side only (the one he didnt feed from), I was getting around 2 oz. Tonight I pumped while he was feeding on the other side, and actually got 3 oz from one side :thumbup:. My nurse told me, that you have to practice pumping and that you will get more each time.
I also noticed, that I get more from one boob then the other (funny enough, I actually get more from my smaller boob :shock:).

Ready to mum that sounds awfully complicated and I don't really know what to say to help you... If bfing is what you really want to do I suppose some sacrifice is in order to make that happen! I really feel for u hun, and little Peter too! Is it just your supply that's not enough?? I can't remember who said about something u can take to Build up your supply? Could have been you....
Lol Steph funny enough I was like that with Paige and again this time! My left boob is slightly smaller and the better booby haha! I haven't yet started to pump but gonna start soon as going to start going swimming and Zumba! I can't remember but how long can you freeze it for? X

Wow readytomum, that does sound like a time consuming process. I'm guessing it will just be short term tho? Well done for persevering, hopefully you will see some weight gain now :hugs: just fyi both my boys didn't get back to thier birthweight until after 2 weeks old. They both started gaining well once that milestone was passed :flower:

Ready to mum that sounds awfully complicated and I don't really know what to say to help you... If bfing is what you really want to do I suppose some sacrifice is in order to make that happen! I really feel for u hun, and little Peter too! Is it just your supply that's not enough?? I can't remember who said about something u can take to Build up your supply? Could have been you....
Lol Steph funny enough I was like that with Paige and again this time! My left boob is slightly smaller and the better booby haha! I haven't yet started to pump but gonna start soon as going to start going swimming and Zumba! I can't remember but how long can you freeze it for? X

Kealz, they say you can freeze it for 3-4 months... So plenty of time if you ask me lol

hey all Connie had an amazing birthday. I will try to upload pics to fb later.. my internet is so bad we've been waiting for our new router all week hopefully it comes today Im missing Greys anatomy!

Mommabrown I love Emmaleighs little head bands too they are super cute.. Connie was like Paige and wouldnt wear those things at that age so well done you for getting them to stay on!

Readytomum Im sorry youre still having a rough time bfing. Ive never heard of that tube thing. I thinknit is really great that you are perservering it sounds like such a time consuming faff just to feed him. Have you considered formula? both my kids went to formula after a few months and done just fine. xx

Morning all.

Steph, thanks for the pumping info. I am going to get some bags today and start ASAP so I can get enough and get izzy used to the bottle before I have to go out in two weeks. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. 5oz in one pumping session is pretty impressive!

Isabelle slept really well last night, once she settled, so I don't feel half as tired today. This morning she's been awake for almost 2hrs! She's definitely spent the last 45mins fighting sleep though, drifting in and out. My sister is coming to take her out for a walk later to give me some "me time" lol. I think she thinks I'll use it to sleep or shower...I will use it to clean!

TESCO sell breast milk storage bags cheap dl! Boots too! Last time in looked anyway! Lol you sound like me! Any me time I get is spent tidying up or making up the one for Paige! Ate you off anywhere nice in 2weeks? My oh wants to go and see iron man ... But I'm not ready to leave him or give him a bottle lol! I'm worried if I give him a bottle he won't want me lol!!! Stupid hey,, I'm just so happy Breast feeding is actually working his time round I don't wanna jinx it x

This is so embarrassing...I'm going to the big reunion concert :haha: as in atomic kitten, liberty x etc. If it weren't for that I'd probably wait until she was much older to start giving a bottle. But then last night I was thinking that since I have to do it anyway, I may as well take advantage of her (hopefully!) taking a bottle and Simon and I can maybe go out sometime later this month while my parents babysit.

Oh man! Don't be embarrassed! I'm well jel!!! I'd love to go to the reunion concert!!! Well that will be nice!!! Enjoy it!!!!!!

I love her head bands too! I make them almost weekly for her and so now we are up to like 30-35 headbands! Bahahahahaha maybe I am a little obsessed! I was worried she wouldn't like them as Laurynn didn't either but sje is a full blown mini me. Lol

DL after her 3rd week she should have a stable latch and can go on a bottle. Don't feel bad for going out...have some fun and relax!

Mommabrown, you make the headbands yourself??? They are amazing! And she looks so very cute in them!
I agree with what you said about not having to worry after three weeks... That's what I was told too (and it was my biggest fear when giving him a bottle). He switches back and forth like a champ. And like I me ruined before... He still needs my boob for comfort... The bottle just won't cut it :haha:

Yeah I make them on my own. You can buy all the materials needed at Hobby Lobby and it is so much cheaper than buying them already made. Thank you that comes as a great complement!

Lol I think it is so cute. I am not even BF Emmaleigh any more and she still rather have Mommy and her pacifier than Daddy.

Awe, it's nice to know, that it may not be only boob then lol! But I agree, Grayson prefers comfort from me then anyone else. It's funny, because rob has about 4 go to moves, to get him to settle... When they all fail, he hands him back to me and says he's hungry (even if he just ate lol) :dohh:

You should consider selling them on eBay!!! I'm sure they would sell in no time :thumbup:

Bahaha steph Simon also has his "go to" settle moves, but when they fail he doesn't give up and just starts again!

I'm jealous though, unless its food Isabelle is no more likely to settle for me than anyone else :( my own child hates me!

Mommabrown whoa! I didn't know you made all Emmaleigh's headbands! They are amazing, you have some talent.
I have no talent in anything that involves making things, so I am super impressed!

way to go Simon for being persistent :thumbup:

I find that Grayson loves to hear people talk... and by people, I mean anyone that is not me ahahaha. He loves hearing new voices! Can you imagine how fascinated he would be listening to your English and Irish accents?? I think I would lose him forever :haha:

I did tell you to try and bring him up with an accent...bet you're wishing you'd taken me seriously now :rofl:

Hahaha girls that is too funny! Just get some tapes of people talking in accent and maybe he will pick up! lol

Allen is the same way and he always says "Here she wants Momma" Bahahaha!
:blush:
It isn't that hard really! Me and my hot glue gun and sewing machine can conquer almost anything!

Thank you both of you for the complements! I have a girl that is going to have a little girl in October that is asking me to make her some. :smug:

Ok so i have a TMI question how long has everyone bleed after having their LO's. Mine has just stopped and Emmaleigh is almost a month old....I figure AF will be showing soon...Boy have i not missed this part![-(

mommabrown your headbands are amazing!! you should sell them :) xx

quick q... does anyones baby shake? not like a fit or anything but for 1-2 seconds shake an arm or a leg? Benson has started doing this and I read online it can be caused by immature nerves and low blood sugars but he is soaking more than six nappies a day and doing healthy sized poo lol.. I hope its not just my baby doing this.. Im sure Lucas done it too and Ive just forgotten or something xx

Sorry I haven't been back to update till now. Went through a traumatic failed induction (full dilation, but she would not progress) with two failed epidurals (one fell out, the other stopped working), a failed spinal block (couldn't get it placed properly), and ultimately delivered by c-section under general anesthesia. We were in the hospital for 5 days- seemed like forever.

Fara arrived on April 26th and is perfectly healthy- not a single issue. We are so relieved after all the interventions it took to get her here.

I'll be reading to try to catch up on everyone's progress :)

JenX: Sorry to hear that things went so poorly for you!! I'm glad that you're back home now and everyone is doing well! I know I was totally out of sorts for about a week after our failed induction/c-section, so I know how overwhelming it can feel! Can't wait to see some pics of LO!!

mommabrown: That's awesome that you make the headbands yourself! I used to have my own little business selling handmade jewlery and photography prints but I can't even imagine trying to keep up with making that stuff now that Peter is here! Any spare time I have I wish I was asleep! lol

doggylover/steph: My DH is pretty good with settling Peter, and often has better luck than I do... if Peter is upset and I'm holding him he just wants to eat/comfort suck, but that's not an option for Adam, so he has pretty good luck getting him to sleep. Sadly now that he's back at work though we don't get to see him much between teaching and tutoring.

Afm, my parents left today to head back home just after lunch time. DH's parents arrive on Sunday for a bit. It's been great having the help since Adam is back at work, but it's also destroyed any sense of a routine that we were starting to get going.

Also, I was wondering, where does everyone's LO sleep? Are you co-sleeping? Do they have their own bed in your room? Or their own bed in their own room? We were planning on using the crib in the nursery, but because of the section we've been using a cradle in our room instead since it's much lower and easier to lift Peter in and out of. Did anyone else's intended sleeping plans change once LO was actually here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->