April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Is anyone still waiting for their LO to arrive? I've just realised its now May (time no longer exists to me apart from 'time for Isabelle to eat' :haha:) so all our babies should be here!

Hey ladies so Aiden iis finally here. 7pounds10oz 20in i ended up having a c section on tue. Sorry im kindof writting and running but promiise to post my horriific birth story as soon as i get some free time. Just wanted to let everyone know that Aiden was here and very healthy born 7:20pm on april 30 2013!!

congratulations n_gods_hands!! so glad you are both well xxxx

Congrats ngodshands!

My child is a true boob monster. I did my first pumping session today. I was worried I'd hardly get any, or she'd get too used to the bottle and get nipple confusion.

I got 3oz before stopping as I thought that was quite enough to be getting on with...but she refused to eat it :( Simon tried to give it to her when she got up, and she didn't eat any of it, wouldn't suck on the bottle at all :( Simon said maybe she wasnt hungry - so easy way to test that was offer the boob whic she took.

Any tips on how to get her to take one? We have tommee tippee closer to nature bottles.

doggylover are you sure she wasnt giving you the tongue thrust reflex? if you put the teat at the back of her mouth at the top... not too much or she'll gag.. she should suck. if she turns away from the bottle she's rejecting it but pushing the teat out with her tongue is a reflex. Lots of parents make the mistake of a baby rejecting food or a bottle when they do that. It goes away when they are ready for solid foods xxx

Thanks will try and position the bottle in like that. Never heard of that reflex- so glad to have you around!!! She don't push the test out necessarily, she mostly kept it in her mouth and just...did nothing but make faces! We will persist...

she's probably confused can you squeeze some milk out so she knows its food? or put your nipple there then slip the teat in when she opens her mouth? it can take time I hope Ive helped anyway xx

n_gods_hands: Congrats on your arrival!! Can't wait to see some pics of Aiden. I love that name!

doggylover: good luck with the bottle!! I hope you can get Isabelle to take it eventually... I've heard that sometimes different bottles work too. :shrug: I'm looking forward to being able to give Peter a bottle so daddy can take over a feeding or two and give me a break! lol We discovered the ice-cream difference when we were in the UK for our honeymoon last summer.... everything was soft serve from a machine instead of hard ice cream. It was very disapointing. lol

littlespy: So glad to hear that BF is still going well for you!! I hope you're able to continue it for as long as you and LO want. Sorry to hear that Maise is being a pest though. It must be hard on the poor things to suddenly have the attention taken away from them.

Afm, off to the doctors again today to get Peter weighed! I hope to God he's finally started to put on some weight since we've been supplimenting with the formula. He's certainly had a huge increase in the number of dirty/wet diapers at least. I'm not sure what happens if he has started to gain weight though... because I would guess once we stop the formula he'll lose again? But we can't keep this silly tube thing up forever either? :shrug:

Candy some of the milk did drop into her mouth so she definitely knew what was in there! But she just let my precious juices flow out of her mouth and all over her sleep suit :haha: will also try the nipple- quick slip in the bottle trick too and see how we get on!

Good luck readytomum, I'm really hoping Peter has put on lots of weight and you can maybe even start phasing out the formula!

Hey ladies so Aiden iis finally here. 7pounds10oz 20in i ended up having a c section on tue. Sorry im kindof writting and running but promiise to post my horriific birth story as soon as i get some free time. Just wanted to let everyone know that Aiden was here and very healthy born 7:20pm on april 30 2013!!

Yay! Welcome baby Aiden! :happydance:
Many congrats hun!
Sorry for the traumatic birth, hope baby is making it all better now :hugs:

Congrats ngodshands!

My child is a true boob monster. I did my first pumping session today. I was worried I'd hardly get any, or she'd get too used to the bottle and get nipple confusion.

I got 3oz before stopping as I thought that was quite enough to be getting on with...but she refused to eat it :( Simon tried to give it to her when she got up, and she didn't eat any of it, wouldn't suck on the bottle at all :( Simon said maybe she wasnt hungry - so easy way to test that was offer the boob whic she took.

Any tips on how to get her to take one? We have tommee tippee closer to nature bottles.

I pump successfully with my manual Avent, and I feed him with the Avent bottles, he had no problems, we have given him breast milk with a bottle twice, once for fun for daddy to see how a feeding is like, and last night that we went for a walk. I can do 2.5 oz easily from one boob which is fine for a newborn (I saw the formula they give at the hospital and it is around 2-3 oz so I guess it is the standard amount for nb)
Tommee tippee close to nature should be alright, they have the round nips, appropriate for breastfeeding babies, so there is no nip confusion.

Better stick to the boob though, you don't want to give a bottle too often, or she will prematurely wean from the boob.

Mine doesn't care either way, he just wants to eat :haha:

Afm, off to the doctors again today to get Peter weighed! I hope to God he's finally started to put on some weight since we've been supplimenting with the formula. He's certainly had a huge increase in the number of dirty/wet diapers at least. I'm not sure what happens if he has started to gain weight though... because I would guess once we stop the formula he'll lose again? But we can't keep this silly tube thing up forever either? :shrug:

Good luck at the doc's, hope Peter has gained enough!

Lily, I don't plan on giving up too much booby time! It's only because I have to go out next week for a few hours and want to get her used to it before then.

Pleased to report she has now taken some from a bottle, but wanted boob afterwards (comfort I think), so hoping she just takes a few bottles to adjust, I over reacted this morning!

So sorry to hear about your dh little spy!! How scary for all of you.

Glad you have been able to ebf this far. I have my fingers crossed that it continues for you. I know exactly what you mean now about nursing issues being so stressful and upsetting. We are trying to wean off the shields but now having this weird issue where she starts fussing towards the end of each breast. Think we will have to get the LC to come again. She gets weighed again tomorrow and I am so hoping she has gained plenty. I think every bfing mother worries about supply to some extent. Hope we all have copious amounts of milk for as long as we need it!

Ready to mum we were doing the supplementing with the tube in the hospital for a few days with expressed milk so feel for you still doing it. Annelise gained a couple of oz a day when we were supplementing. It was such a relief as she was such a tiny thing to start. Hope it is the same for Peter. You are doing a great job mama!

Hello ladies!
I hope everyone is having a relaxing Monday! I have not been able to get off the couch for more then a dog walk today :wacko:
Someone switched out my sweet baby for another one :nope:. Grayson has been super fussy for the past 3 days. I have no clue what is causing it either. The only thing that seems to settle him, is nursing :shrug:. He will fall asleep nursing, and then wake up a few minutes later fussing. I wish I could do something to make him feel better.
It usually takes a bit, but after about an hour, Rob or i can get him settled enough, to pass out in our arms.

On a positive note... Grayson has been smiling for a few days now... And not just gas smiles :haha:... I can talk to him and smile, and he will actually laugh and smile in response!!! Melts my heart :cloud9:

Thanks for all the positive thoughts ladies! Peter has finally started to gain a little bit! He was 7.4 at his last appointment and today he was 7.52. So we've got some small progess. We're back to the lactation consultant tomorrow, so we'll see if he's up any further and find out what the next step is.

Steph: That's so exciting that Grayson is able to respond to your facial expressions now with real smiles!! I can't wait till Peter can smile intentionally. He has such a beautiful smile, he'll be a total charmer once he has control over it.

kristabelle: I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had to deal with the tube feeding (although I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone!) We're getting pretty good at it now, but I hope we can stop soon. It's not a very viable long-term solution.

Lily: I'm jealous of your pumping ability! I haven't been able to try pumping a full boob to see how much I can get, but I'm supposed to be pumping now after I finish feeding Peter... and there's really nothing left! I definitely don't have a very large supply, and I can't even fathom getting 2.5 oz from each side! :wacko: It takes me several pumping sessions of both boobs to even get 1 oz.

Afm, last night was a no sleep night. :dohh: Today it has been stressed to the grandparents that they cannot hold Peter all the time because he needs some awake time, and he needs to sleep on his own so that he will sleep at night. It's been a little better, so I hope tonight he'll sleep better. Mama sure needs the sleep anyway.... :sleep:

readytomum yaaayy for Peter gaining some weight! I know its probably not as much as you had hoped but its defo a step in the right direction. I hope he gets nice and chunky for you now he has started putting it on xx

I got my first real Benny smile earlier while we were playing with this musical elephant.. I thought I got a sile yesterday but omg the one I got today was gorgeous! I also discovered he loves my hair! He tries to grab it when I wave a strand in front of him and he coo's at me lol so frikkin cute! I have brought him all these expensive lamaze toys and the kid prefers my hair! lol

also I got sharted on earlier. Mid nappy change he decides its time to go and goes all over his changing table blanket then coughs and it flies out across to the bed! and a bit on Connie's leg which haf her laughing her head off! ha!

Doggylover I dont think you over reacted this morning. I think babies are fussy stubborn little things who scream if they dont get their way and it can be really difficult to figure out what theu want or why they are doing that. Im glad she took the bottle eventually. Dont worry about getting frustrated we all do it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->