April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

readytomum Peter's study thing sounds fun! Did he follow the dot with his eyes and did he re ognise the patterns? Its so hot here too we are having our hottest summer in over 200 years!! x

Kristabelle thats how we started cloth too then moved up to over night cloth. xx

Lily Ive made a note to myself to get back in the loop! lol xx

afm my period is stopping after just 2 days. Usually it lasts 7.. Aaron is happy lol. Bens poo has been yellow today and smelling normal with seedy bits in it!!! Thats normal baby poo finally! As we reach our 2 weeks without dairy mark tomorrow... looks like I will be cutting out milk and soy for a while longer then. xx

Hey all, I had typed a massive post yesterday then my iPad died :growlmad: but read everything and had many interesting things to say! Keeping up with everyone on fb anyway!

Love to all mummies and babies x

Candy: I don't really get to know how/what Peter did on the test, but the girl doing the experiment did tell us that most babies have the same reactions to the shapes and that it confirms their hypothesis that babies do form memories, but that they don't have any long term retention abilities.

Afm, Peter and I went to a "Royal Baby Storytime" this morning in honour of Will and Kate's yet-to-arrive-baby. It was pretty fun, and I got some super cute pics of Peter wearing a little crown. :haha:

Also, because it is SO hot here still, last night for the first time I put Peter down to sleep without swaddling him. He was clutching his bib when I finished feeding him (he wasn't wearing it) so I just put him to bed with the bib. lol He fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep so we're trying it again tonight without the swaddle too!! Fingers crossed we're past that stage now!

That would be great, Sarah, if he's able to just go down so quickly without any swaddle! Impressive that he goes down so easily anyway!!!

Nothing new with me. We are melting in the heat still...

Hi ladies,

Just checking in, if everyone is still good and gas not melted yet :haha:. We deal with that weather all year round, but we are prepared with AC everywhere!!!
I need to catch up properly on here soon but right now I'm on my phone so it's difficult.

I really hope everyone is doing well

Hey ladies, so the last few days Peter has been acting a bit odd. Yesterday for the first time he decided that he REALLY wanted to roll from back to front. He's never shown any interest in it before, but he's very suddenly determined to do it. And everytime I've lain him on his back since yesterday morning he's tried to roll himself over. (except bedtime!) :shrug:

He can roll onto his side no problem, but his bottom arm is in the way preventing him from getting right over. He kicks and tries to throw his weight over to push himself over but he can't quite do it and he gets so angry and screams because he can't do it--and then when he ends up back on his back again he just loses it! But the really bizzare part of it all is that he doesn't really LIKE tummy time... does he not realize that's where he's going to end up if he does actually flip himself over?! :dohh:

Also, Peter is 3 Months today!!

Peter is not just a pretty face! Wow rolling from back to tummy is super advanced!

Dennis can turn but does he like it? Not at all!

I think I got my period bleeeh!

Yay for Peter! !!! Emmaleigh does things when she feels good and ready to also.

Lily yuk for AF.

We have central heat and air so we stay in most of the time at a nice cool 74 F. Last couple of nights we have had thunderstorms roll through.

Afm, not a lot new....Emme is back to eating a lot so I am figuring growth spurt??? Hell this child does things her way and not mine lol silly baby!

^ Nice to hear she is eating.
Did she do anything like this: chomping her hands and then when you offer milk she cries?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! It is crazy trying to figure her out! I never know now if she is hungry or just chewing on them to be chewing!

Same here, so frustrating... It must be the growth spurt...

My idiot baby is now officially the only kid who can't, and has no interest in ever starting to, roll.

Oh ladies, I am frustrated and at my wits end about sleep. Until she was two months she slept wonderfully! Up to 7 hours every night! But for the last month it's been getting worse and worse, most nights now its a maximum of two hours. I know she can't be hungry all those times, but I don't know what else to do but feed her back to sleep. This morning at 5.30 I tried to leave her, and she lay for half an hour chatting, then dozing off (she was loud though so she woke Simon) then after she'd dozed off a few times she got annoyed and starting crying. So I can't just leave her when she wakes or she cries, but I can't keep getting up every two hours, even if it is only for 10 mins at a time.

I think if it had always been this way it wouldn't be so bad, but its the fact that she used to sleep so so well, and she is just awful now. Simon took her downstairs at 6am this morning and I just cried and cried because I have no idea what to do. I know it will pass eventually....but when? When she's 1? I actually dread going to bed now, because I know that means its time for a whole night of disturbed 'sleep'.

^ oh hun so sorry... I'm sure it is just a phase and it will go away soon. Just hang in there... Babies grow and learn new things everyday and that makes them fussy.
Have you tried sleeping in the same bed those nights she extra irritated?
Personally I know I can't function like a human being if I don't get good sleep so I just pick Dennis from his cradle and we sleep together in bed when he seems to be very annoying. When he calms down he is back in the cradle.
Hugs!

Izzy isn't the only non-roller!! Peter keeps trying to make it from back to front, but he hasn't gotten there yet. I'm actually wondering if the reason he started trying was because he was feeling congested (since he now has a full blown cold and only started trying to roll on Friday!)

I wish I could help you on the sleep front! :hugs: I don't really know what to suggest. Does she stay awake for long periods during the day? Maybe she's sleeping too much during the day and needs longer awake periods? I hope you get some good sleep stretches soon!!! I know your parents are near by, could they come round for a day and let you catch up on some sleep?

Ah Hugs Sarah....I am with Lily here. If I got up and sat there every time Emme was up hungry I would just as exhausted. I put her in the bed with me. I may be setting myself up for a huge problem in the future but I will deal with that when we cross that bridge.

Readytomum poor Peter! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

I co-slept with all 3 of mine now, I thought I would have issues getting my older 2 to sleep in their own beds but honestly they slept nicely in their big kids beds from about 1.5- 2 years, When Lucas was 2 I put him in the same bed as Connie and they co-slept which was mainly because we had limited space in our old house but it was great because they slept much better together.

Benson only rolled once and hasn't done so again since, he does roll to his side for boobies but nothing else.

We have a lot of hand sucking and chewing on toys going on here at the moment, we have our appointment for the hospital dr about his poo on friday so I'm looking forward to that, I've seen a great improvement since quitting dairy and soy but I'm dropping off weight rather fast. I'll post a pic of my tummy later... I look like I've never given birth!!

I have to share this funny story with you all... as you know I have to do school runs in the mornings with Connie and Luke and mainly I'm not awake, I'm in zombie mode until after 9am lol, so this lady stops me on the streets and asks me if I wanted to take one of her free magazines to read... to which I replied... read???? I don't get time to read... I can't even poo anymore!!! OMG as the words were exiting my mouth I was embarrassed hahahaha people shouldn't talk to me in the morning! :p

Awe Sarah J, sorry that you are so frustrated and tired right now. I noticed that Grayson needs less sleep during the day now... So on days where he sleeps too much, he will wake more often at night. On days where is goes to his baby sitter (who keeps him busy for most of the day), he is completely exhausted at night and therefore sleeps better. I don't ever try to keep him awake forcefully, but picking him up and keeping him busy does help.
I also agree with the other ladies... Pull her into bed with you (maybe after the second waking of the night). It's easier to feed and sleep for you... And she may be more settled.

Sarah L, poor Peter. Hopefully he will get better really soon!!!!

Candy, :rofl: about you sharing your time to poo with some strange lady :haha:. I bet she will think twice, before approaching someone next time!
And great news about the loosing weight!! Not that you had much to lose to begin with, but I think every women likes to lose weight lol.
I'm 7lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight but would still like to lose another 10lbs. I will BF Grayson until he is 20 if I have to :haha:. My mom even made the comment, that since loosing weight is working so great for me, that maybe she should start BF as well :rofl:

AFM, bad news on the relationship front :cry:. Not sure we will be able to get our act together. We are planning to sit down and talk tonight, but he has basically confirmed, that he feels like something is missing, that he is depressed and that because of these things, he is not physically attracted to me. I have tried to be understanding, give him time, talk things over, be mad, argued, etc... I am at my wits end. At thins point, I have offered, that we live as roommates (in separate bedrooms) and raise the baby together. Of course there would be rules (like: no dates come to the house or around the baby, each have set days to go out and stay home, schedule on who takes care of what, etc) that will have to be followed. I offered this to him last week and told him to think it over. I basically said, that I don't expect price charming but I do need to feel loved and appreciated and if I don't, then he is being unfair to me (which he agreed). We said, that we would talk tonight about how to move forward.
Sorry for the vent... Just been trying to pretend that everything is fine and have to let it out someplace.

oh Steph Im so sorry hun. You are such an amazingly and lovely person you deserve to be treated with love and care. I can not believe he is saying this to you now so soon after Grayson! It must be very difficult. I know personally I wouldnt be able to live as room mates with Aaron it would be too hard. You are one tough mummy! We are all here for you. No need to apologise for the vent. No matter when you need us we are here for you xxx

Bahahaha Candy that is freaking hilarious! I would love to have been there.

Steph....we are all here for you no matter what! Like Candy says you are an amazing person! I am sure after being laid off from his job that it was a big blow to him. I know I could never be room mates with Allen but I do see how you are trying for Grayson to have both his parents there for him.:hugs::hugs::hugs: I am no relationship guru so I don't have much advice except hang in there and fight for what you believe in!

Thank you Candy! I don't mean to complain because he truely is not being cruel or disrespectful. I believe, that if he is missing those feelings, then we have to find other ways to get along. I just don't want to be in a loveless relationship. I would rather raise Grayson with both parents as friends, then pull baby and daddy apart. I don't know if it can work that way, but I think it's worth a shot. Heck, we live like that now... Only that we share a bed. The last thing I want, is for him to stay in the relationship, because he feels obligated. That will not make either if us happy and keep me from finding someone that WANTS to be with me.
Again, he is not being unkind... He still cooks dinner, takes care of the baby, makes me coffee, etc.
I guess we will see if he has anything to say tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->