April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hey Steph have you checked out the Fluff Exchange on Facebook??? It is pretty good they have really nice used CD for reasonable prices!!!

I am going for my Bachelors in Nursing but I also have an AAS in Medical Laboratory Technology. Lol Emme would probably be helping to eat my homework. Right now my obstacle is scheduling around Allen's schedule so he can help watch her. Looks like lots of night classes at first.

I have not heard of them... I will have to check then out:thumbup:. I'm trying to limit myself, to not buy anything for at least a month :dohh:. But everytime I see a deal, I want to buy lol. Did I send you the pocket diaper with the zipper on the outside? Not sure if I had included it, but babyhalfoff.com has them on sale for $12.47 and the hemp insert for $3.85. Just in case you like them and want to add them to you stash lol.

Oh nursing school sounds amazing! I always wanted to go to nursing school but when I tried to get into the 1 year program after finishing my BA in special Ed, I didn't get in :cry:.
I absolutely love nursing classes, so I will be totally jealous over here :haha:

"My baby ate my homework" would be a great excuse!! That's great news Shell! Do you start next month?

Steph, I imagine that the ones on etsy are just fine, as long as they are lanolised (I think that's the word!) and made of the right type of wool they should work fine. If they are selling them as shorties then I would go for it. If they are cheap you won't have wasted too much money. But I think lily will be the expert on this one tbh!
maybe I should invest in wool as well :haha: it would work great for us at night!

Simon is mad at me. I find his way of working with Isabelle very difficult to deal with sometimes. Like today when she was upset he started playing airplane with her, which she usually loves, but after a few goes when she was still crying, that's the due to stop in my eyes.he kept going and she was crying her eyes out so I told him to stop and comfort her. I don't get why he'd keep trying something that wasnt working
Then when she was getting ready for bed she was super tired and grumpy. He cuddled her until she settled and I said maybe she'd like to sit between my legs (when she's grumpy she doesn't like lying on her playmat which he knows from at least last night) and he replies "yeah that's a good idea" then lay her flat and she started SCREAMING. I asked why he did that since he knows she hates it when she's cross, and he just went "whatever" and hasn't spoken to me since. I guess he feels like I'm always questioning everything he does and having a go at him, but I just don't get why he does some stuff which upsets her. :shrug:

Oh Sarah men just don't have the slightest clue. You are n't questioning him you are just more intouch with her behavior patterns and know what to do in moments like that. Allen is the same way and he says she is to difficult for him to take care of. Hence I do almost everything for her as he is a big willy if he has to.

I am very interested in going on to become a pediatric nurse in general. I love science and taking care of babies so why not, right? Yeah I do start next month on the 19th and after speaking with my advisor I will know the exact plan for getting my goal completed! I go speak with him on Tuesday so hopefully it all works out like I am expecting it too.

I feel like studying in the US is much more flexible than over here (um, my only source for this is watching Teen Mom where they seem to be able to schedule things really well!) I know at the university I went too things are very much if you can't meet our schedule...too bad!

Yeah, I am definitely more in tune with what she needs and what all her little grizzles mean, but of course we all our as we are the mummies!! We are the ones who spend most of the day with them! What pisses me off is that then Simon moans if she cries when he comes home, but if she is then in a good mood and I say for him to take her, he just sets her on his lap and watches TV while jiggling a toy in front of her face. He is a great dad, but sometimes I think he just doesn't know what to do with her when she's awake and playful!

I am going for my Bachelors in Nursing but I also have an AAS in Medical Laboratory Technology.

:thumbup: Good job! Almost all the females in my family are nurses! I should have become one too.
Keep it up hun! Good luck with classes!

Dennis is 3 months old today hehee!

Heat wave here 39°C (102°F) and we are barricading inside with AC till the weekend.:wacko:

hasn't spoken to me since. I guess he feels like I'm always questioning everything he does and having a go at him, but I just don't get why he does some stuff which upsets her. :shrug:
:hugs: You guys will work it out, it is normal. I am like that with DH too. He scares Dennis sometimes and I tell him off. Like I'm changing a nappy and he will suddenly appear behind me and the baby will get startled and start screaming until he turns blue. Being a very dark man doesn't help him either. So I tell him "get away!" and then he gets mad at me! :dohh:

Sometimes I think Simon thinks she is older/finds things funny that an older kid would, eg him popping up from nowhere shouting BOO! I always tell him off that he is going to scare her! In fairness he never has....but he could!

Sarah I know pesonally that Aaron does things differently to me too and at first I was frustrated but his way works too if I leave him to it. Maybe when Simon is with Isabelle you should go do something else and let him learn his own ways. Sometimes as mummies we think our way is the only way. I hope you two sort it out soon maybe have a chat with him about it? xx

He's such an idiot that he'd forgotten he was annoyed with me after he'd been digging the garden!! He's hilarious!

Omg I seriously have a cd problem here! I've bought 4 new and 2 preloved nappies this week. I cannot justify this continuing!! We'll be broke soon!!!

I don't let myself hang around those CD FB groups because they are so tempting. I already have more than I use, and when I tried to sell they wouldn't go :p so no more cloth for me. What an addiction! As Dennis grows and pees more we need better inserts and boosters. Any good suggestions?

hahahaha Sarah men are such plebs! Once Aaron got mad at me because he put his shorts in the washing basket..... and I washed them!! hahaha! xxx

Lily Im the same. Ive had to leave groups because they were posting up lovely nappies for sale and links to cheap sites and we cant afford it especially with summer holidays starting now.

Benson pees loads through the night so I brought some layered bamboo inserts they are amazing. He has one on riht now with a flip cover they last him maybe 4 hours but obvi I change him before that I use them in the morning and at night when he sleeps the most. I got mine quite cheap from tinynippers or whatever the site is called. xx

Benson has his hospital app today about his smelly poo which isnt smelly anymore. The dairy soy rree diet has turned his poo back to normal smell and colour but its still very loose at times so Im looking for the go ahead on solids. Just to replace one feed a day with rice or cereal so that his poo will be thicker. Hopefully we get the go ahead. I have to stay on the diet until Ben is six months old as most babies resolve the dairy intolerance before then. Then we can start to introduce milk back to my diet and I'll get fat again lol x

Also I have to wonder after seeing some groups on fb.. I know everyone parents differently ect but do you think you can take parenting too far? Like only feeding your child all that organic shit like a breakfast bar made from berries and nuts and seeds youve never heard of before. Or not having treatment recommended bybdrs and instead going to chiropractors and cutting gluten out of the kids diet.. I wonder if some people try too hard? Without meaning to be offensive and not aimed at anyone here xx

Oh I remember the site with the affordable nappies and inserts etc, I have it bookmarked somewhere! lol I 'll take a look there! They had charcoal inserts too.
Good luck with the hospital app!
I'm looking into books for baby food
This one https://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Wholesome-Baby-Food-Guide-Maggie-Meade/9780446584104
and those from Annabel Karmel:
https://www.bookdepository.co.uk/author/Annabel-Karmel
I've heard a lot of good things about this one https://www.bookdepository.co.uk/An...ler-Meal-Planner-Annabel-Karmel/9780091924850

Anyways, those things I read about the biodynamic super foods they feed theis babies that are extra organic, yeah sure if you have all that time and money in your hands do it. But for normal parents it is impossible.
For us as a family I stick to local, seasonal, fresh food. If I can do organic too, great, but I'm not obsessed about it. I do think some parents are taking it too far, and imho they lie most of the time. Like they read something and then they post in pinterest or in forums about it AS IF they are actually doing it.

I 've agreed with dh to try and keep Dennis away from cow's milk as long as possible, and better stick with goat's milk, and yogurt. This is the only thing that we will do differently from conventional parenting in terms of food. I will give my kid sugary treats and everything that is normal kwim?

And no chiropractor is better than a good pediatrician, sorry it doesn't work that way.

Lily I've heard great things about the rumparooz hemp 6r booster. Expensive, but apparently one of the most absorbent you can get. If you want to replace your inserts in pockets (all mine are either minky or microfibre) you can get bamboo inserts from both littlelamb and Alva (Alva are much much cheaper of course!)
And the hemp trifold boosters from tiny nippers look good too. We don't need any extra atm, and i have lots of size 2 LL bamboo boosters, but they'll be first up if we do as they are cheap!

Food wise, Isabelle won't be getting any gluten to start off with, hopefully until she's at least 9/10 months. I'll substitute normal bread/pasta etc with gluten free varieties. BUT that's because my dad is a coeliac! And my sister definitely has a mild intolerance to gluten so has cut it out of her diet, so it would follow that it could be an issue for Isabelle. Eating gluten free isn't a big deal for us anyway as we do when we eat with my dad (several times a week) so it's a pretty normal part of our diet to cut it out at times.

As with lily, I will also avoid cows milk until she's one, but she will get yoghurt (that's the advice, seems weird considering what yoghurt is made of...!!!) other than that, she'll eat what we eat for meals! I'll avoid sugary snacks on a day to day basis as I know my mum has those covered! But every now and again, sure why not?! I LOVE junk food so she probably will too!

Also I haven't bought anything from those cd groups (except the local one and I have met the girl and just had a crazy moment!) but will use them to sell!

I don't give cows milk until 1 year either but he will get it through my milk after 6 months if it upsets his tummy I'll switch him to formula I'm loosing way too weight on this diet. I'm almost down to a size 8 now.

I was talking to my mum this morning about weaning and she says Ben looks like he might need solids at 4 months because I'm only getting an hour and half gap between feeds now and he is a big boy (almost 17lbs). My friend held off solids for the first year and now her little boy is loosing weight rapidly because he wont wean, he will only eat a pack of skips here and there, he's just under 18lbs, Benson is almost the same weight! For some reason seeing her go through that with him has freaked me out and I'm eager to wean Ben, even on just one meal a day or a yogurt with breakfast boob and cereal for dinner then boob before bed until he is 6 months.

She didnt feed any solids for the first year?!?! That's insanity!!! I know they say milk should be the primary source of food for the first year, but primary means there should be something else (ie FOOD!) should be included too! I can't believe Ben is so big now!!! When did that happen?! You can always try him out with solids and see how he gets on, play it all by ear!

I only get 1.5-2hrs between feeds as well,I think Isabelle is just a snacker, she doesn't take loads at each feed so needs it more often. She's still gaining weight perfectly on her curve so I know she's ok.

OMG she didn't give the baby any food? I can't even imagine why she would do that...
And I agree play it by ear with Benny, see if he is interested.
Will you give him rice cereal?

I can't wait to start him on normal food! Then I'll be able to fatten him up properly. I already let him lick half a grape and some yogurt from my finger lol!
He made a sour face with the grape!

Why yogurt is ok when it is made of milk: it's because the bacterial cultures found in yogurt break down the lactose and make it easier to digest. The process of making yogurt also modifies the milk proteins, they are easier to digest.

So jealous of Benny's weight gain...

Dennis is the same eats every 1-2 hours during day time. He sleeps a lot lately too. I'm glad this growth spurt is a sleepy one for us, I can get some rest, phew!

I could not give Em only milk for a year....poor kid!!!!!

Benson is like Landon as a baby, he was 16 lbs at 4 months and wearing 6-9 month old clothes.
Wondering how you're doing Steph? :hugs:

Thanks for the info about yoghurt lily :) I assume cheese is similar too?

Got me a super grump today!! Which is bad as Simon is home today and she's so grumpy! Just wants boobs (more so than usual!) this leap is killing us!!! And still 4 weeks to go!!

I told Simon all about blw today (well, a brief overview, including pros and cons) and he is happy for us to go ahead with our version of that. We'll still spoon feed her yoghurt etc if/when needed, but basically the crux of the matter is I am too lazy to purée things!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->