April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thank you Shell! I'm not a very emotional person (unless it comes to my baby, family, or animals lol), so it may work... At least until Grayson is old enough, to go a few days without seeing his dad.

Good news on the Mirena front: no cramps or bleeding since the first day. I actually forgot that I had it lmao :haha:... Don't think I'll be needing at anytime soon but hey... It's good for 5 years... Surely I will need it again SOMEDAY :rofl:

Steph: I'm so sorry to hear that things have gotten to this point with Rob. I think it's great though that you've both been able to acknowledge that something isn't quite right without it getting to a point where it does become hurtful and cruel. I hope your talk goes well tonight, and that you're able to do whatever you think it best for both of you and for Grayson. :hugs: :hugs: And no matter WHAT happens, Grayson has got one awesome mama and he's a lucky little boy!!

Steph you are pretty amazing I have to say! I think that living with Rob while Grayson is so young is a great compromise, and I agree that if the feelings aren't there for him, there is no point in you both being "stuck" in the relationship if you could be looking for a man to sweep you off your feet. You're so practical about it, for you and Grayson, I think that's amazing. I'm sorry that it may not work out, but I hope your talk goes well and you both get the outcome that is best for all three of you.

Thanks for all your support ladies. I do bring isabelle into bed, but not usually until (earliest) 5am, and tbh I don't sleep well at all when she's in bed, so I feel like bringing her in earlier would mean I get less sleep lol. To be fair, I'm not actually that tired from it all, it's the FRUSTRATION that gets me. It's so frustrating not knowing why she has started waking when she slept so well, and the uncertainty of what's going to happen each night makes me dread going to bed.

In other news, it's our second wedding anniversary today, we are so rock and roll that we celebrated with fish and chips, shloer(for US Ladies its like non alcoholic sparkling wine, so a soft drink) and donuts! We know how to party :haha: we are hoping to go out for dinner on Saturday...my parents are baby sitting. Which is hilarious considering Isabelle still won't take much from a bottle!

Also, you might remember a few weeks ago I went to a get together for my local cloth nappy library? Well, it's just recently established and they are looking for people to help expand, and they asked me if I would partner up with another local girl (who I actually know from my bf group) and if we would run the library in our area, organise get togethers and sort out all the hire etc of nappies. I very excited :) mainly because before I start we 'have' to try out all the nappies they have in the kits so I know what everything is! What I hear there is FREE NAPPIES!

Ahh Happy Anniversary Sarah!!! And OMG I would so be over the moon! Anytime I hear the word free I am always down with what ever is going on!!! Lol How exciting for you and Izzy's bum!!!! lol

Readytomum how is Peter doing??

Steph I honestly hate that this is going on for you and will do all the crying for you! Lol I could not have remained as calm as you have through it all either. I hope you both have a better conversation tonight!

Ahh Happy Anniversary Sarah!!! And OMG I would so be over the moon! Anytime I hear the word free I am always down with what ever is going on!!! Lol How exciting for you and Izzy's bum!!!! lol

Readytomum how is Peter doing??

Steph I honestly hate that this is going on for you and will do all the crying for you! Lol I could not have remained as calm as you have through it all either. I hope you both have a better conversation tonight!

Peter is doing ok! Getting lots of sleep and cuddles today. And I'm sure it doesn't make a difference to him, but I made sure to take my multi vitamin today and chugged some Orange Juice just in case he does get any benefit from it in my BM. :shrug:

Ahhhh Good! I am sure with a regimen like that he will be back to feeling better in no time!!!

yay for free nappies!!!!! Mega jealous here! Annnnd Congrats on your second year anniversary xxxxx

Happy Second Wedding Anniversary Sarah!! :wine:

I hope you and Simon get to enjoy your dinner away on the weekend! It sounds like you could certainly use the break!

it's the FRUSTRATION that gets me.

In other news, it's our second wedding anniversary today

I very excited :) mainly because before I start we 'have' to try out all the nappies they have in the kits so I know what everything is! What I hear there is FREE NAPPIES!

Oh I know what you mean. It's trial and error with babies, just see what works best for you, I know many parents can't sleep at all with a baby in bed.

Happy 2nd anniversary!!! Sounds nice, I love fish and chips :blush: and I didn't know about shloer, sounds great I love white wine spritzers, and well, anything with CO2:haha:
Hope you have a great time:kiss:

we are celebrating our 10th anni on Sept!:happydance:

OMG so amazing you will get to try all the nappies available!!!

Dennis is giving to my nerves at evenings he is fussy, and needy like never before. He wants to nibble every 15 min. He acts all starving and then takes a couple of sips and turns away from the boob, or he nibbles and cries. WTH!
Then he spends all night breastfeeding, which makes me super thirsty.:growlmad: Is that the 3rd month regression everyone is talking about?

Oh and we DTD! It hurt but at least we did it lol!

Peter is doing ok! Getting lots of sleep and cuddles today. And I'm sure it doesn't make a difference to him, but I made sure to take my multi vitamin today and chugged some Orange Juice just in case he does get any benefit from it in my BM. :shrug:

Oh glad he is feeling better!!!:hugs: Trust me vit c does go in BM:winkwink: so take lots of it!

Ben's teething! urgh hes all full of spit and even tried to munch on my face earlier! Luckily I didnt put make up on because we were meant to be going swimming which didnt happen because the pool is shut fir lessons and Aaron wont drive us to the other pool! grrrr I have all his stuff packed and we cant go nust me and Ben after today because the kids break up for summer tomorrow Im so annoued!!!

Lily, while I, very happy that you dtd, I'm now upset that I'm the only one who still hasn't! We didn't even attempt last night as I didn't want our anniversary to end with me sobbing (again). 10th anniversary soon? :shock: whoa!! That's some milestone!

Sarah, careful with drinking the OJ- my aunt was advised to drink lots of it to help relieve her sons constipation! If you comeback with a story about explosive poo tomorrow, we'll know what to put it down to! How is Peter feeling now? Isabelle feels very sorry for herself when she has the cold!

Candy, grrr about not getting to go swimming. It would be nice for the whole family to go, but with the other two being so much older and (I'm guessing!) boisterous it would be tough to keep an eye on them all!

Meant to say in the last post, you ladies asked if izzys problem at night is maybe related to how much she sleeps during the day (which makes sense). I haven't kept, but today she had 3 naps of 30 minutes, and two of around 40, so she's sleeping so,we here probably around 3hrs during the day, and is awake for anything from 1-3hours. Does that sound 'normal'? I know a girl at my baby class said her son (a week younger than Izzy) has a 2.5 hour nap in the early afternoon, so I feel like she maybe doesn't sleep too much?

What are your LOs sleep habits during the day?

Sarah: Don't feel too bad about the DTD! DH tried last night, and I told him to take a hike! :haha: We have once, but it wasn't very comfortable and I'm in no rush to try again!

As far as sleeping habits for Peter, he usually wakes up around 7:30 or 8:00ish. Usually about two hours after he wakes up he'll sleep for an hour or so, and then in late afternoon he'll sleep for 2-3 hours. And he's usually in bed by 9:00ish now. Somedays he'll only have his longer afternoon nap and no other nap during the day. :shrug: We don't really have any set routine for times, although I try really hard to make sure that he gets that longer nap in at some point since he doesn't do the short and frequent naps at all.

Afm, Peter is still super snuffly. He's in pretty good spirits, but he's so stuffed up and clearly breathing through a nose that's full of snot. :wacko: I wish he could just blow his nose and get it all out!! Sigh.

I've got a pretty runny nose too... so not sure if I got it from Peter, or if I gave it to him!

Sarah we attempted DTD once and it ended up with me pushing DH off me muttering loudly 'just get off me it feels like you're trying to stuff it in there folded in half!' Needless to say he was not amused by my comment! We've done other things but not attempted DTD again. I feel like I could never have sex again and be perfectly fine tbh. DH not so much! He has been very kind though in not bugging me about it so that's good at least. I had an episiotomy with Tommy so was sore for a bit afterwards when DTD but even with no tear or cut this time around I feel like it's even more uncomfortable. Blah!

Sarah at the moment our babies should sleep 15 hours out of 24. I used baby Esp tracker app to record when and how long Ben was sleeping and he gets just under 15 hours a day. He naps a lot with a typical awake period of just over an hour between naps and goes all night. But if you can use the tracker to see her sleep routine and how much she is getting you could be better able to attack the problem that way? xx

Connie and Lucas are angels at the pool but they both need help because they cant swim so we wanted to take Ben alone first. We are hoping to go after school tomorrow instead now xx

Sweetpea :rofl: at your comment to DH! I'm sure he will see the comical value of it down the road! After all, it could be a compliment to him right?!
I'm in the same boat as all of you, I could be happy with not having to do it ever again... I guess there is the bright side to relationship problems :shrug:. Looks like I won't have to hahaha :haha:

Grayson is pretty scheduled with his sleeping at night. He is in bed no later then 9 (has been getting closer to 8 this last week) and usually sleeps until 9 (with lots of feeding breaks of course). He will normally wake up around 6, when I have to feed him before I leave for work. Today, he decided it was a perfect time for his morning poo... Splosion I may add :dohh:... Cue, I had to change my work outfit :haha:. He was so happy with himself, that he decided to stay awake for another 30min, laughing and talking! I changed him (and myself) and put him in bed with daddy. By the time I got out of the (second) shower, he was out cold again lol.
I have noticed, that we are having poosplosions almost daily now with disposable diapers :shrug:. I am seriously considering switching to cloth for nighttime but I worry that we will get leaks. Right now he gets changed at 9pm and then again at 6am (and then at 6.15 because of a poo leak ahaha). Do you CD ladies think that cloth could hold enough pee?

Candy, I hope you get to take Ben swimming today! I'm sure he will love it!!

Sarah L, hope little Peter starts to recover quickly. I think it's good, that you are also sick! That way your body can build the immunities, that will help him get better faster!!

Steph we get almost 12 hours out of our cloth at night! She goes into it anywhere between 7.30-8.30, and doesn't get changed until anywhere between 7.30 and 8am! I use a bamboo fitted with a bamboo booster in it, then a cotton booster between the nappy and wrap. Totally sodden each morning...but no leaks! Give it a go , worst that happens is a leak! Maybe just put him to bed in a nappy and a blanket just in case? If its warm enough (which I imagine it is!)

Thanks for the dtd stories ladies - especially Nicole! :rofl:

As I mentioned on fb today has been a rough day for my little miss. She is either asleep on the boob or screaming, it's so pathetic. I guess her shots aren't making her feel too good.

Also thanks for the info re sleeping. Sarah, does Peter go from his morning nap to late afternoon with nothing?! What a boy!! Candy, Isabelle sounds similar to Ben in her napping habits, and counting I'm night sleep she is just around 15 hrs :) I guess day sleep isn't an issue, so still not sure why she's waking more at night.

Oh Sarah poor little Izzy! I felt so horrible for her reading about her horrible day!

Steph... I haven't put Emme in a CD at night yet...but she usually pees as soon as she wakes up in the morning and has a healthy BM so I fear it may lead to massive chaos yet! Lmao

Afm, well I am going back to college to work on my Bachelors Degree!!!!! I hope I can manage with a baby!Yikes! Today me and Emme are chilling out listening to music and being lazy!

Well, I think I will have to invest in a wool cover for nighttime ... Since its more breathable and all :haha:. I will try the bamboozle bamboo fitted with a microfiber insert (so he feels dry) and see how we do. Hmm or maybe I'll change him into CD when I change him in the morning (before I have to change him again due to poopsplosions). Idk... I wish I didn't have to work and could just put him in CD all the time.. Then it wouldn't be such an issue with predicting his Poo. Lol. Oh boy!
Shell, how exciting that your going back to school. What will your major be? I think you will do great with school and baby! Em can help you study!

Sarah J, I hope you and Izzy have recovered from your "eventful" day.

Speaking of wool covers... Lily I believe you have one right?

Do any of you ladies have experience with upcycled ones off of etsy? They look pretty cute and are very reasonably priced. I'm just curious, if they work the same as the brand name ones? I would really like to get a shorty for nighttime under his sleeper.
They are supposed to be awesome for night time, since they are breathable (more the PUL cover) and therefore less chances of a rash. I also can't imagine sleeping in a super wet diaper, that traps heat. This seems like a good solution but some hands on experience would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->