April Raindrops 2016

This is gonna sound silly but how big are your hospital bags? Are you taking one big one or a few bags?

My plan is to take two changing bags, one for E's stuff and one for mine. Not sure if everything will fit in though as haven't even started to pack :p

I can't remember what I packed the last time. Maybe one small suitcase and my laptop bag.

I've packed my bags already, and I've made up two bags - one bag for me and one bag for my babies. I figured it was logistically easier if I needed to go into hospital for any reason prior to their delivery, I could just take what I needed with me rather than carting everything in. It's also easier to ask someone to get something for the babies from the baby bag per say, than having someone rummaging through my things as well (if that makes sense) :)

Would it be too much to just bring a suitcase? I was planning on putting my stuff and baby's stuff in it.

You won't need a big suitcase. Maybe a carry-on type suitcase, but not a regular size suitcase. That would just be too much.

I have an overnight bag - it's not huge, and I had c-section last time, and I really overpacked. The hospital provides so much - diapers, wipes, even little t-shirts for baby. They give you pads and mesh undies (which are strangely awesome). I'd bring the bare minimum and if you need more, send your DH back for something you need. I think some first time moms (like I did!) think they want a ton of outfits for themselves and baby. When in reality, you're tired and sore, and as long as baby doesn't poop out of their outfit (which is unlikely this early), you're not going to change them much. And you're not going to want to change much either. :)

I always grab the smaller suitcase. I can put me, hubbs and baby's items there. Don't really need lot to be honest and hubbs really only needs a chance for the one day of actual labor and delivery as he runs back and forth between the hospital and the kids.

Alright, I'll see if my mom or sister has a small carry suitcase I can borrow. I only have a large one! lol

You guys are lucky, at our hospitals here in the state I live in, we have to provide our own baby nappies, sanitary pads, etc. The nappies in particular certainly bulk out the packing room (especially with two babies to pack for). I will be in hospital for a minimum of 4 days if they are born at our goal of 37 weeks, so with roughly 10 nappies a day per baby for 4 days - thats 80 nappies in total I need to pack! Lol! xx

In the UK you have to provide your own stuff, hospitals do have nappies and pads and stuff but they definitely expect you to bring your own things.

Yeah it surprises me how the U.S hospitals provide most things! Even if you get a nappy or a pad over here (UK) they'll expect that to be a one off or incase you've ran out of your own.

I defo need to start getting together mine and baby's stuff! I'm still clueless on size but so far we have 0-3 months.

I feel like nausea has returned for me lately! Feeling sick and have a headache :(

I've started putting small baby things in my spare yummy mummy bag and I think I'll use that just for baby's things, its got vests in and a few sleep suits in 0-3, I've yet to find my newborn stuff just in case its less than 8lb lol. I'll find a small holdall or something for mine and oh's things, my girls will be with my parents so they won't need a bag as such packing. I think what worries me more is remembering that I've got everything for me and baby packed, like pads, nappies etc...

Well, for the amount that my DH and I pay in insurance premiums, they'd better give us all the diapers and wipes and pads we want in the hospital, lol! My hospital even gives you hats, pacifiers, sometimes a diaper bag with formula in it (I just end up donating the formula). I love it because it really limits the packing. I can't imagine having to supply diapers in the hospital! No wonder you'd need a huge bag - newborns just go through diapers like crazy!

I'm taking baby's changing bag for her stuff and my stuff in a tote bag. Babies bag has 10 nappies, wipes, three sleepsuits, 3 vests, socks, scratch mits, bibs, blanket and a cardigan so far. Mixture of newborn and first size. I don't intent to be in for long, was 24 hour with my first, 12 hours with my second.

So far for my bag I have maternity pads, breast pads, toiletries and cheap pants for after. Need to sort nursing bras/pyjamas etc.

Well, for the amount that my DH and I pay in insurance premiums, they'd better give us all the diapers and wipes and pads we want in the hospital, lol! My hospital even gives you hats, pacifiers, sometimes a diaper bag with formula in it (I just end up donating the formula). I love it because it really limits the packing. I can't imagine having to supply diapers in the hospital! No wonder you'd need a huge bag - newborns just go through diapers like crazy!

When our son was in we brought home a bunch of blankets, 2 pacifiers, some formula, hats, diapers I came home withmesh underwear, maternity pads, peri bottle, lidocaine spray for my stitches and some stool softener. It was like winning post partum lottery.

When our son was in we brought home a bunch of blankets, 2 pacifiers, some formula, hats, diapers I came home withmesh underwear, maternity pads, peri bottle, lidocaine spray for my stitches and some stool softener. It was like winning post partum lottery.

We went home with all that plus some of those ice packs for your lady bits. It was great!!

Jtink, I agree! I did think since you guys are paying that's the least they could do!

I'm taking baby's changing bag for her stuff and my stuff in a tote bag. Babies bag has 10 nappies, wipes, three sleepsuits, 3 vests, socks, scratch mits, bibs, blanket and a cardigan so far. Mixture of newborn and first size. I don't intent to be in for long, was 24 hour with my first, 12 hours with my second.

So far for my bag I have maternity pads, breast pads, toiletries and cheap pants for after. Need to sort nursing bras/pyjamas etc.

I was only 12 hours with my first but 4 days with my second due to hemorrhaging and needing surgery to stitch me up.

Hopefully this time will be plain sailing again. :)

My hospital is great but I'd much rather be at home where I feel you bond better than in a hospital bay surrounded by 7 other mums and newborns :)

I get all the stuff too, and I agree...as much as we pay in insurance I want it all, lol. I also like that we are in our own room. I'm very paranoid and wouldn't be able to sleep in a bay with other people so close to my newborn. This time though they are also giving me lidocaine gel. The spray did nothing for me and it took me 10 mins to pee after my daughter. After 2 weeks I went in and told them I want leaving until they did something so they prescribed me that. I told them the only way I was having a vaginal birth this time was if I walked out of there with my gel, lol.

I still have to get a take home outfit for baby...and pack, lol. I've done nothing, lol.

I packed 1 carry on suitcase that had my stuff, DH's things, and my son's things in it the first time around. Doing the same this time minus a few a things. I totally agree with the mesh undies being great that the hospital gives you. I even loved the giant pads because at least then I knew if I cough, sneezed, stood up too fast that I wasn't leaking everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->