April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Had my appointment and the midwife said she's had a growth spurt, fundal height was 40cm and the head is 2/5ths palpable. I need to up my game with my ball and my yoga to try and get her to turn a bit more as she's to the right at the moment. Next appointment is at 40+4 and she'll do a sweep then if I want.

Yep akn, just the 3 of us left now.

Button: that's quite a good size! Hopefully baby will come out before you need the sweep. How did it go taking the bus and all?

My appointment is on Friday, I'll ask for a sweep then and I hope to avoid induction, but I feel I'll to Tuesday and they'll induce me anyway.

Luckily both the bus stops I use have benches to sit on to wait for the bus. Bit annoyed on the way there though as the bus driver didn't stop at the hospital stop and I had to walk back down the road. I was more worried about my waters breaking on the bus!

I hope they'll give you a sweep and you can go into labour on your own.

Congrats hoping, mowat and munchkin.xx
We had a scan today and saw the heartbeat so keeping everything crossed!
Good luck button, akn and ummi.x

Great news nessaw!!

I am still only 1cm but am now 75% effaced. Getting some spotting from my cervical exam. I also have Puppps which is super itchy :( they are gonna do a sweep and growth scan next week if I haven't had her by then.

Sorry about the puppps akn, that doesn't sound fun at all.

My mum keeps telling me every time she sees a newborn baby, I think she's getting impatient and fed up of people asking her whether I've popped yet.

Surprisingly, I haven't been bombarded with too many "have you had that baby yet"? Maybe it's because I associate with more people from my work then anything.. :p

I haven't had that problem. Not many people know, I haven't made any fb announcement (waiting for baby to be here) and the friends who know are very sensible about it, so it's fine.
I had my dad on the phone last week, he did ask me but he can never remember dates! I'm lucky that his birthday is on the 22nd, so he knows it's around there.

Yesterday ds1 took his oral exam and thank God it all went well. I'm ready to have this girlie now. Started EPO and eating dates along with RLT, even if it doesn't help kickstart things I'm hoping it will help during labour.

It's been quiet on here today. Where are you girls? Having babies I hope!

Had a sweep today, I hope it does the trick. Baby is very well engaged but I'm only 1 cm dilated. Still 4 more days to go. Tomorrow I'm going to do some housework, I hope it helps too and maybe go for a walk on Sunday, if not to help things going at least to enjoy the weather while it lasts.

Nothing happening here yet. I was wide awake at 4.30 this morning which was annoying. Fingers crossed the sweep did something. Did it hurt? I get one next Saturday if she's not here by then and I've never had one before.

I had some cramps yesterday but it turned out to be constipation so I'm back on the lactulose as I figured it can't be helping if I'm all blocked up. I'm also using my ball a lot more now. I think she turned to face my back for a bit the other night as I was getting jabs in my spine but she's gone back to lying on my right again.

Glad your sons exam went well Ummi.

Akn I can't believe you're still working, I'd be dead by now!

Insomnia is so annoying! Hope you manage to get a bit of rest.
I was really surprised as the sweep did not hurt at all, the mw was fantastic. However, I had a sweep with ds2 as well, and that was slightly more painful, though bearable, stronger than a smear test. That one was done by a consultant. And I was only dilated to 1cm that time as well. So if I had to choose between mw and consultant I'd choose the mw!

Me too I can't believe how akn can still be working. Hope her baby comes soon so she can take a break from work.

I decided to let go and relax until Tuesday. I'll still be taking my RLT and EPO, but no stressing about when baby comes. I know she might just not be ready considering I'm not even 40w yet. Yesterday I listened to another hypnobirthing track and fell asleep like a stone! That was just so good. Still had to wake up for my usual wee, but that did not bother me as much.

Girls, if I were you, I'd have a look at Akn journal, some pretty good news in there! :)

I'll have a nap later to try and catch up. That's good to hear about the sweep.

Relaxing until Tuesday sounds like a good plan. After all we're on their timetable and there's not a lot we can do about it!

Hey ladies!! Well my little Ella decided to make an appearance yesterday (4/17) I'll type up my birth story later, but here's a picture. I'm awake at 4am so she can sleep on my chest. https://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah190/delongmm1/3456FA5D-0582-46D7-BE2C-DE013E4AC453_zps5kbryacb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->