April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Awwww I'm so sorry Mowat! :( Maybe you're just a chronic spotter or those twins are getting nice and settled and comfy and kicking loose a little blood while they're at it? I have heard of twins causing spotting and while I hope for no spotting for you, perhaps for you it's gonna be off and on spotting through first tri. I bet your cervix is extra sensitive and very vascular right now (tons of tiny veins popping up on it) which would be normal in pregnancy, and I'd think especially so with twins. So perhaps that's part of it. :shrug: Also, I can relate to the paranoia! I am worrying that by having a name we've jinxed it and it will all go wrong at any moment. :dohh: Especially now that I am right at the point that I was at during my last loss in March (8+3). Friday feels so far away right now. Ugh! Paranoia and nervousness is definitely what I'm feeling at this point so again, I can definitely relate and I don't blame you one bit. :nope: :hugs:

Button, I'm sorry you're so miserable with nausea. :( Is there nothing you can take to help it so you can cope better? I know there are safe meds for that that can be taken during pregnancy. Hopefully all the nausea is a good sign though that everything is going just fine with your baby. :thumbup:

Sorry about your spotting Mowat. A lady I know who's just had twins had a lot of spotting in first tri and they're perfect.

Pixie - thanks, I do have meds and they do help. I'm just grumpy because I want to eat and cook and feel vaguely like a normal person. Roll on 2nd tri!

Have any of you had days where you seemed to pee less quantities but not less frequently? I seem to be having that today and given what today is it's worrying me. :wacko: I'm not drinking any less than usual and I'm still queasy/gaggy and fatigue and such. Not only do I hope that baby is ok but that my kidneys are handling all of this ok since pre-pregnant I'd pee about 5-6 times a day and now its like 13 (14 yesterday). :blush: Paranoia is in overdrive today. :wacko:

Do you mean going more but only peeing a small amount pixie?
Mowat sorry about the spotting.
Button nausea sucks. Hugs. Mine's been worse today but think that's linked to being at home so not distracted. Never thought I'd be grateful for school!
So had the pain in my leg this morning like last week but think I've worked out it's due to dtd the night before! What a doofus!

Just wanted to share this pick with yall!

Attachments

• daily_motivation_25_photos2.jpg
    daily_motivation_25_photos2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
Someone is selling a twin breastfeeding pillow on our local second-hand website. I couldn't help but message her, but I really feel like I'll jinx things.

Nessaw - lol at your DTD injuries! I think that's why my nausea is bothering me more this time because I'm at home all the time with my LO so I'm not as distracted as I was when I was working.

I would buy it Mowat.

Mowat if something were to go wrong this pregnancy, would you say it was because you bought a double Breastfeeding pillow off the internet?? I've got pretty much everything thanks to stuff left from my DD and purchases from my last pregnancy but this pregnancy I've already bought a load of newborn cloth nappys and the wallpaper for the nursery! You can always sell it xxx

Praying pixie I'm certainly not monitoring frequency or volume of wee!! Doesn't it depend on what you've been drinking, how bloated you are, how deeply you're asleep etc? I know I'm up in the night weeing and probably weeing more often than usual but I'm struggling with my fluid intake too :(

Nessaw I wish I had the energy to DTD! We're on a ban at the moment anyway but even if we weren't I'd tell oh he'd have to just get on with it and apologise if I fell asleep half way!!

StillPraying - love the pic :) my mum used to say this, like when you're stripping wallpaper every little bit is a bit you'll never have to do again :)

Button and nessaw my nausea is really up and down. I'm lying in bed and I can smell my oh's coffee he's drinking downstairs and it's nearly killing me but I can't be bothered to get up and eat which would help!

Hello everyone

Can I join your group? I've been lurking a little bit but wanted to wait before joining as last time I joined a rainbow group I had to leave a few weeks later after a mmc.

I had my bfp on the 19th of august, and I'm due on the 25th of april. Inthink I may have met some of you in the july testing thread? I didn't join the august testing thread as I thought I would have ovulated yet by the end of august. But I ovulated way earlier than usual (cd16 I believe, I did not temp either that month, instead of cd 24-29 usually).
So here I am, just had my 7 weeks scan which showed little bean measuring 8.5 mm and a flickering heartbeat.

So far my symptoms have been: (tmi) diarrhoea, unable to eat (can 't say it's ms, I don 't feel nauseous, but I don't feel like eating, even though i feel really hungry). I have been throwing up a few times but withiut nausea. I also have a very strong sense of smell, which brings out all the bad smells, and make the good one way too strong. And I'm exhausted all the time.
Even though I find those symptoms difficult to cope with, if it means I 'll have my rainbow , then I'm ready for it.

Looking forward to know all of you a bit better, and to April when we'll have our rainbows!

A little late to the party but I'm here anyway. My due date was actually a year ago August 4th. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with our rainbow baby and just a little afraid but trying to enjoy every minute. EDD April 10th 2015. Good luck to you all!

Hi new ladies!

My nausea is a bit better today, I think it helps that DS slept through last night.

Welcome ummi and futr! Congrats and I'll put you both on the list. There's a couple of us on here that had to leave previous rainbow threads (2 of is in the July 2014 thread) so you're not on your own.

Ummi I notice you've got 2 boys with quite a big age gap. Was it intentional? I'm fascinated by bigger age gaps because everyone I know has bang on 2 years. We were aiming for that but it took 5months to conceive first time (would've been 2yr 3 month gap) then another 4 months after the mmc which would've been 2 year 9 month gap and now if this works we'll have a 3year 5month gap which I just can't seem to be ok with. I wanted my dd to have a playmate and a sibling that would be into similar things at a similar time. Me and my sis are 2 years apart and whenever I see a family with a smaller age gap my heart breaks. Silly really, I just can't get over it!!

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

Munchkin, no, it wasn't really intentional. After ds1, I wasn't ready psychologically for a new addition until he was 2 years old, but at the time I was also studying and working, so it still wasn't the right (especially because of my studies), and then I knew I needed to loose a lot of weight before I even tried to get pg, which took another year. Finally when I reached a healthier weight I went of the pill, used condoms for 3 months in order to see what my cycles were. (Also I have pcos, it took me 2 years and a previous diet to get pg with ds1), and 4 months later I got preggo with ds2! But yeah, they do have a 6.5 years gap. But ds1 was really excited about the new birth because he was starting to feel very lonely. Though he was disapointed at first when he realised the baby was very small and couldn't play with him yet!! Lol!
But despite the age gap, they are very close together. They do argue and fight a lot, but they love each other so much!!! So don't worry! Whatever age gap you have will be the right one!

This time around, it will be approximately the same age gap. Ds2 will be 6 in july. I started ttc when he was 18 months old. And here I am a few years later hoping that this one will stick!!

Sorry for the long post! That was quite a novel!! Lol!

Once again, don't worry, it will turn out well. 3 years is good too. One of my friend had a 4 years gap between her and her brothers (she was in the middle) and they were all very much close together.

Welcome new ladies! I was nervous about joining this thread too----there is nothing worse than having to leave a thread when you miscarry. Everyone says "sorry" and so on, but then it just carries on without you. Really hoping we all get our rainbows!

I'm going to have a big age gap since we've been TTC and having miscarriages for 3 years. DS will be 5 when I'm due. I think it will be great as he'll be old enough to help a little bit. And it is so much easier when they can go to the bathroom by themselves. Can't imagine having two in diapers! Well, I guess if I'm having twins I will have two in diapers anyway!

Hi and welcome ummi and futr. Sorry for your losses and congrats on your rainbows. I had to leave a rainbow thread last year. Pretty pants. Fx we're all here to stay. X

Button I noticed last time that better sleep equalled less nausea. I slept better last night and am feeling less nausea. Also went for first swim since back to school which was lovely. I try to go after school but too tired.
Munchkin he's not getting much action! Now I'm back to school midweek loving just ain't gonna happen!

Mowat I know what you mean about jinxing things but also know deep down it doesn’t make any difference in the end. Hugsx

Mowat you made me lol with your comment about not wanting two in diapers before realising you would anyway. By the way it feels very weird to type diapers, really not used to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->