April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Hi new ladies and welcome! :hi:

Mowat, I know what you mean by fear of jinxing but I think we also logically know that buying something doesn't cause mc so I'd go ahead and buy it and IF the worst were to happen, you could always sell it. :hugs:

Button, I can imagine getting a good night's sleep would help the ms just a little bit.

StillPraying, thanks for the pic. :flower:

AFM, I had a bit of a scare last night. :( When I put my progesterone in I saw blood on my finger. :( But I was also was using my longer middle finger with a little bit of a longer fingernail than my others because I wanted to make sure to get the prog up high enough so it doesn't leak out (again) in the morning. Well I THINK I caught/nicked my cervix with my fingernail and caused it to bleed because the blood didn't last long and was gone by this morning. But with the last loss a single very small spot of blood on toilet paper when wiping is what i saw and prompted me to get checked and that's when we discovered the baby had died back in March and now my fear and paranoia are in overdrive. :wacko: While logically I know it's mostly likely due to nicking it with my fingernail I cannot help but be really scared because this is also the same time in gestation that we lost the last one at. :cry: UGH! Thoughts anyone? I hate being so worried like this! :cry: Now today I am analyzing everything and cannot share this fear. I also don't know if I should call my dr office tomorrow and see if they want to see me or if I should try to wait until my scheduled appt on Friday. :wacko: Ugh ugh ugh! :dohh:

Thanks ummi, lovely they're so close. It's wierd, I think I've dealt with my losses so well mentally but the age gap thing seems like something I can't make better.

I really do think it was from your fingernail as the cervix is so so sensitive in pregnancy but I would call your dr and follow their advice, if only to put your mind at rest.

Praying that's awful, you must be freakibg out understandably. You're right it is most likely a little nick and even if it's a spot from somewhere else it really wouldn't mean anything bad. And last time you happened to have a spot of blood and that happened to be when you found out about the mc. What are the chances of that happening twice in a row at the same time?? You'd be better off buying a lottery ticket.
BUT I think it's a great excuse for a scan, I'd even be tempted to slightly exaggerate the 'spot'. Especcially as you're on the progesterone they should be happy to check you out. Massive :hugs: xx

Mowat lol at your realisation that you'll have 2 in nappies! :rofl:

Thanks Button and Munchkin. It was really really scary. :cry: I'm still really freaked out. :cry: Like you, I'd like to think that the odds of same song 2nd verse at the exact same time are incredibly low, but the way things seem to go in my life are that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. :wacko: I do have a scan scheduled for this upcoming Friday (5 days from now) and part of me wants to know sooner. But part of me thinks surely I just nicked it and the baby is fine and IF baby is fine, there is a higher chance of seeing a couple little wiggles from baby on Friday than on Monday or Tuesday because of course that puts me just a little bit further along and that would be amazing! Of course, right now, I'm just praying that baby still has a heartbeat and is ok! I am thinking about getting my doppler out of our storage room this evening and see if I cant manage to find baby's hb since I'm over 8 weeks along now. I realize fully that there is a chance I wont even IF baby is ok because it's still so tiny but at the same time, IF I was able to find the heartbeat, I would feel so relieved and reassured and could then breathe a little easier. I think what I'll do is if I cant find the hb, I'll call the dr office tomorrow and see what they say, but IF I DO find the hb then I'll wait it out. To me, that makes the most sense. And while logic says I nicked my cervix, my fear and paranoia are screaming "oh not again"... sigh. :(

PrayingPixie: if I were you I'd get checked out. Surely it's nothing to worry about, but just to put your mind at rest. Is it possible to have both appoitments? Monday and friday?

Munchkin: once baby is there it will all feel natural. Even the age gap.

Afm: i had a bit of yellow spotting this evening, it had me worried a little, but it was gone by the time I went to the loo. It was probably due to the proding during the ultrasound this morning? Hope it doesn't come back. But if it does I'll call my doc straight away. (Need to follow my own advice hehe!)

Hope you're all doing ok and no more spotting for anyone!

Welcome ummi & futr! :flower: futr you and I have the same edd! :happydance:

Munchkin I'm having the same issue mentally grasping the age gap. We wanted ours very close as both DH and I have a sibling less than 2 years apart from us. DD will be 3 yrs 2 months when this one arrives. I know how you feel about not being able to get over it :(

Praying how scary! Spotting of any kind is not fun even if it us self inflicted. Good you have an appointment Friday to get it checked!

Mowat I saw a breast pump on sale on our second hand site & DH made me sad when he said "I don't think we should buy things yet" :cry: I sat if the pillow us a good deal buy it. Like the others said, you can always sell it or save it. Buying baby stuff is a good way to stay positive in my opinion.

I feel great today which of course has me terrified. :nope: you ladies are lucky you have the option as to when you let your workplace know about your pregnancy. I'm required to tell my command within 10 days of having it confirmed through our medical:growlmad:

Thanks Still and Ummi... we didn't find my doppler in storage so we are looking around here and praying we find it! Ugh. I have a feeling I'm gonna be calling my dr office tomorrow morning to ask for an earlier scan to set my mind (hopefully) at ease. I hate being a nervous wreck like this. :(

Aww Still, maybe it's just one of those fluctuation days. :shrug: I hope and bet you will feel your symptoms again tomorrow! :flower:

Aww Ummi, I hope you don't have anymore spotting either! :nope: It's so darn nerve wracking and terrifying! :(

Prayers that none of us get anything but good news regarding our babies from here on out! :hugs:

It's 3 am here and I'm wide awake!! Spotting has gone atm. So it's ok.

Still: as worrying as it is, try not to think too much of those symptoms coming and going. I never made anything of it during my first two pregnancies. It's the losses that changed us, but I really think we should see the positive side all the time if there is no obvious reason to worry. On saturday, my symptoms were getting better and I had more energy, and yesterday the sickness came back in the evening twice as hard.

I don't know what to wish for, for it to stop because I'm starving but cannot eat anything without feeling sick, or for it to stay as it 's a good sign that everything is ok.

I have a question ladies, have you told anyone yet, if not when are you planning on telling? I'd love to tell MIL but can't figure out the right time.

I feel good today too Stillpraying---totally terrified. I did have more spotting yesterday so I think I might call my clinic tomorrow and lie! Is that horrible? Just say it was more than it was and I was cramping? Don't know if I can do it.

StillPraying is your edd the 10th? I've got you as the 8th. I've got to the point where I'm avoiding anyone with kids with a 2 year gap. All my friends from antenatal now have their second baby's. 2 when my losses would've been due. It's one of the older ones burthday parties on Saturday and although they're perfectly nice and it's not their faults I really don't want to go, everything's different now.

Praying pixie I've put my Doppler away because it was driving me mad. I'll maybe try it again after 11 weeks but it was just making me more anxious. If you're still feeling very worried I'd try and get the scan but actually whether you have the scan now or Friday won't change the result, although there's nothing at all to say anythings wrong :hugs:

A the ladies with fluctuating symptoms, it's terrifying but mine have been up and down the whole time. When I had my mmc I remember waking up at about 9 weeks and telling oh I felt better and the nausea never came back. At 12 weeks we found baby had stopped growing at 8+6. But if your symptoms are coming and going that's totally different, although I freak out any time I have any energy! Luckily my good friends constipation and boob pain don't seem to want to leave me alone!!

I had a horrid anxiety dream last night about bleeding, it as awful. I've had the most rubbish nights sleep and oh pretended to be asleep at 6.30 so I had to get up with dd and I've got 2 really long days at work. Boo!!

Still praying - I'll have the same age gap as you. I wanted a bit less but I'm sure it will be fine.

Ummi - I've told my mum and a friend and my OH has told two work colleagues. We only told people we wanted support from right now and who we would turn to if the worst were to happen again.

Mowat: I'd call them and see what they say. If then you feel like saying it was more than it is, then go with your gut feeling. In our situation what seems wrong can be the right thing to do.
I hate lying too. But for my mmc (2nd loss), I knew there was something wrong, despite no bleeding, no pain. The doctor refused to send me to the epu for a scan (and at the time I didn't know that there was another epu further away that accepts self referral if you had already 1 loss). So I had to go private for a scan and see evryone coming coming out of the with their big bellies and a teddy bear in a goodie bag! When. I was going just to learn that there was just a sac measuring 2 weeks behind. So yeah, in retrospective, I would exagerated with the doc in the first place and maybe say I was cramping.
You do what feels right.

I'm still very nauseous today, don't what I feel like eating. I told dh to bring me some plain cornflakes when he comes back. It seems that's the only thing that would go down well atm.

Thanks button. I really need to discuss that with dh. I'd love to tell his mum, but at the same time i'm afraid she might not be able to keep it quiet. I need all the help I can get with the children and even cooking. I'm sure she'd send something over if she knew how badly I'm feeling.

How is everyone today?

If we're feeling yuk, at least we're nit the only ones:
https://m.bbc.com/news/uk-29108010

I'm wondering when she is due??!!

Don't talk to me about bloody Kate!! I produce a BBC radio programme and all we've been doing all day is her and her thunder stealing baby! Lots of discussion on perfect age gaps (puke) and what it's like having 2 children. My heart literally dropped when the news came in!

I'm sorry you had to deal with that at work. Especially the discussion about age gap. :hugs:

The news about the first baby came out just after my first loss. Was so sick of hearing about it then. Hope it's not due around our times but could be.
Munchkin yuck for having to deal with it all day.

Ugh not gonna lie. I care about royal babies about as much as I care about celebrity babies. I just found out one of my good friend's wife is pregnant. I know this sounds awful but you know those people that you can't help but think "you don't deserve to be a mother"? She's one. Her edd is a week after mine. ( yes munchkin the dr moved it to the 10th) They're posting it all over everything and I'm like.... go. Away. And shut up. Please. Is that terrible of me? I'm home with DD today cuz she has a fever :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->