April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Sorry you've had a rough day Stillpraying.

My in-laws are a pain in the bum. They're coming up to see us the weekend before my scan. They can't do the weekend after and now I don't know whether to risk it and tell them early or try and keep it secret until after the scan and Skype them. I'm going to get LO a best big brother t shirt and see how long they take to notice.

Well I passed the baby this morning with comparative ease (to my other mcs). Have taken it to the hospital for testing. Hopefully we'll get some answers. Thanks for your support.x

Nessaw I'm glad it went relatively easy for you and I hope they will be able to help you.

Hope you'll get some answers. Be strong hunni, you'll get your rainbow. xx

So sorry Nessaw. Hope you can get some answers.

Praying you will get some answers Nessaw :hugs:

Yesterday I was chewed out twice, both times for things that were not my fault. I was also told I was being "dramatic" when I was telling another Marine how I've been awfully sick this pregnancy. I'm honestly just tired of being in the military. I want to stay home and be a housewife and a mom. Not come home every day too tired to even walk my dog let alone clean my house. I never realized how old fashioned I am until I started having babies you know? Some women can be working moms and they love it. Me, I just don't want to do it any more. Sorry I know I'm whining. Probably just hormones making me all emotional :wacko:

Hi everyone,
I went to the doc thos morning.
As I suspected, from the blood test, I have a slight anaemia, but my platelets are normal. She is not too concerned about it at the moment though. She wanted me to take some supplement, but when I told that my prenatals already contain 50 mg, she said it was ok only that by 2nd tri it won't be enough.

She agreed for a reassurance scan. She did a transabdominal this time. And baby is fine thank God. It's got a nice heartbeat, and resemble more like a baby. It was moving too. It's measuring bang on time, 26.2 mm, 9w3d. The doctor said that I should be out of the danger zone now because all my losses were very early ones. I still know that anything can happen, but I really feel better about it now.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2
StillPraying: I've tried the working/studying mum thing too, and though I loved my job, I can't stand the situation. I totally understand. How long will your maternity leave be?

Lovely scan Ummi. I had to take an iron supplement with DS. I think me and my family are all prone to be anaemic.

Ummi awesome scan! I was anemic with my DD also. I thought I would be with this one too but so far I've been ok.
My Maternity leave is 6 weeks :/

What?? Only 6 weeks??!! Poor you. I totally empathise. Tbh for the hours you put in they could offer a better maternity package. Hope you'll be able to be sahm very soon. Why not a wahm? You never know!

I'm actually considering getting certified to have an at home daycare. I know how hard it is finding daycare for military families, and if you get certified through the FCC you only have around 6 kids at a time :) Just an idea. I've been in for 5 years now, the end of my contract isn't until 2017 :dohh: So I'm just looking at other ideas.

yes six weeks stinks!!!!! and mine will be unpaid since i work for a small drs office and cant be covered by fmla!

Hi ladies! :hi: Sorry I've been so quiet past few days. Too much going on around here. But I'm ok. But first...

Nessaw, I am glad that the process was easy for you at least and that you were able to pass all of it. Nothing worse than complications on top of an already painful and difficult time. I am so relieved for you that it was "easier" for you. :hugs: I do hope the drs are able to use that sample and hopefully find out what went wrong. Hopefully it's either something that can be easily helped or maybe just a chromosome issue (meaning a run of bad luck). Please keep faith that you will get your rainbow. In the meantime take all the time you need to grieve and heal both physically and emotionally. :hugs:

StillPraying, I'm so sorry you're having it so rough. :( It does sound like they are being a bit harsh on you but then again, I know how the military is. Hopefully once your contract is up you can be a sahm/wahm! :flower: And only 6 weeks mat leave?? :shock: Wow! I'm surprised they don't give you more than that. That's just barely enough time to begin to physically heal from birth! :dohh: Try to hang in there and I hope today is better for you! :hugs:

Ummi, YAY! :happydance: That is awesome! I'm so happy for you! And what a cute scan pic and adorable little bub! :hugs: You must be so relieved and reassured and I'm so so glad for you that it went well! :thumbup:

Button, how are things going for you hun? :flower:

Mowat, how are you and the twins doing? Praying there has been no more bleeding for you and that you've been able to enjoy some "calmness" in the pregnancy lately! :hugs:

Munchkin, how are you doing? I'm sure you've just been busy lately but please touch base with us. :flower:

AFM, not a whole lot to report to be honest. My queasiness/gagging came back after 2 days of being minimal and all my other symptoms have continued. Oh, and other than craving banana sweet stuff, I am also constantly craving cheese pizza! I cant get enough of it! :haha: Apparently this baby likes cheese pizza! lol! Meanwhile, we went to six flags yesterday because DH had free tickets from work. DH did most of the riding rides while I sat down and watched. The only rides I rode were monster mansion (a slow gentle boat ride through this house thing with cute monster scenes) and sky buckets which is another slow ride. Both of which are slower and more gentle than riding in a car to be honest. So I knew they wouldn't pose any risk of harm to the baby. The rest of the time I sat and watched DH ride coasters and drank lots of water. By 4pm though I was done and ready to go home out of exhaustion (thankfully DH could tell I'd had enough and brought me home) and when we got home I got straight into bed and stayed there the rest of the evening and even drifted off once before dinner time (and DH even made us dinner, God bless him). Which is not how I would normally be at all! lol! Normally I'd stay till closing time and even then be bummed that it was time to leave. :haha: So despite all of my resting I did yesterday by sitting, I think the fact that I was that worn out is a good sign. Needless to say, I'm taking it easy today. :winkwink:
Anyways, 4 days till my next appt and scan. Part of me is a little excited but honestly still nervous and paranoid. :dohh: However, not as much so as last time around! I still cant find my doppler but I've also not had much of a chance to really hunt for it either since I have to wait for DH to check the boxes in the attic since climbing ladders is a no no. So I think that if Friday's appt goes well and baby is wiggling and bouncing around for us and growing perfectly then I will let myself relax a good deal more as I'll be 11 weeks at that point. I'm praying that when the tech puts that probe on my belly we will immediately see the baby moving and wiggling all over for us! [-o&lt; That would be reassuring right there hehe! I'm also eager to find out what the baby's HR is because if it's still high then I really think we have a girl on board. :haha: Oh yeah! I also bought a little teddy bear in a gift shop yesterday for the baby! A teddy bear for gummy bear hehe. <3 Now I'm just praying that I didn't jinx anything by doing that! :wacko: But I'm trying to think positive that everything will be good with gummy bear. :blush:

Hi Pixie, hope your scan goes well.

I'm trying not to notice I've been feeling a lot less nauseous the last couple of days incase it decides to come back! Still tired, having vivid dreams and trouble sleeping. Also caught the HB yesterday evening again.

I think I was barely conscious still after 6 weeks! Hope you can be a SAHM or WAHM.

Button, maybe you are just having like I did where I was barely queasy at all for a couple of days but then it comes back. When mine came back the 3rd day it came back with a vengeance! lol! I was having it hit me like almost every hour and gagging quite a bit. Not fun but at least it was reassuring. I wanna say that happened to me too during week 9 so that very well could be all that is with you as well. Especially since like you said, you still have the dreams, and fatigue and all. I pray that the nausea comes back on you as well, soon (for reassurance sake)! :hugs:

I'm quite happy for it to stay away! My DS keeps wanting to climb all over me and he's rather bouncy so it's not a good combination. I know what you mean about it being reassuring but I'm fairly relaxed right now so I'll take some nausea free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->