April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Yay Button!! SO happy for you!! :happydance: Gotta pic to share? :haha:

Munchkin, enjoy your holiday! :flower:

My scan is in 2 hrs. So nervous! :blush: Just praying it will show a healthy wiggly baby for us! [-o< I'm trying to think positive but it's hard to push the bit of fear and paranoia out of my head. :blush: Hopefully all will be well and I'll be completely reassured and relieved in the next 2-3 hrs! I'll let you all know how it went when I get back. If you aren't getting tired of me already, that is. :haha: :blush:

Hope everyone is having a great day! :flower:

Yay Button! Glad everything went well on the scan!

Stillpraying: We are going to buy, hopefully before baby gets here, but I am also kind of waiting to find something that will work for us.. I don't want to settle. Most people start putting their houses up for sale around March, so in the mean time we are renting, and I am going to work on getting all my paperwork in order for the financing stuff.

So glad it is Friday, any big plans this weekend?

its gonna be such a long weekend for me!! Monday i get to see the baby at the birth defect ultrasound then tuesday night i find out what im having!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow a couple of you are finding out really early, still at least 10 weeks until I find out!

HopingW: wow! That 's fab'!

What test is it that you are doing to find out that early? I know in the uk you can pay privately at 16w for a scan to find out. But at such a price I'd rather wait 4 more weeks and know at the 20w scan. However if there was an earlier test available , I'd say why not.

Hi ladies. I'm back from my appt and all is well! :happydance: Baby measured spot on at 10+6 (they are calling me 11 weeks though) and we saw our tiny little baby dancing (wiggling and kicking the legs)! :cloud9: The hb was 167 bpm so I still think we have a little girl on board and what we are now calling our tiny dancer. :haha: :cloud9: Next week I go to see the HR doc (perinatologist) to have harmony test and nuchal scan done and hopefully about a week after that we will have the results back from the test and know what we're having for sure! :happydance: The week after that (2 weeks from now) I have another appt at my reg ob/gyn again to check on me and baby again. So I'm really excited and relieved that I'm about to round the bend into 2nd trimester! :yipee: Oh and the dr told us it's safe to umm.. dtd again and so DH is anxious to do that. :dohh: But for some reason, I'm not as anxious as he is. :shrug: I guess I just prefer to wait until officially in 2nd trimester first but somehow I doubt he's gonna wanna wait another 2 weeks LOL! :blush: Hopefully it wont result in any worrisome spotting lol! :haha: But for now, I'm not worried, I'm very relieved and happy that our tiny dancer is healthy and doing well! :cloud9:

HopingW, make sure to post what you're having! I'm so excited for you and I cant wait to find out what you're having! :hugs:

Ummi, I'm here in the states and there is a new test called the 'Harmony' test and they check genetic stuff as well as gender but you have to ask for the gender specifically to be added but it can be done with that same test and it's a simple blood draw from the mother so no risk of mc is included with this test. :thumbup: You should ask your dr/mw about it and see what they say! Maybe you can find out early too! :winkwink:

Button, can you not get a sneak peek scan at 16 weeks to find out? Wow, 10 weeks seems like forever! Bless your heart! :hugs:

Has anyone started looking at baby car seats/carriers yet? If so, any recommendations? I know Graco makes good stuff and Evenflo, but I'm not sure what the quality really is compared to the prices. Needless to say, I want the best quality for the best price. :winkwink: But If I have to spend a little more than I want to in order to ensure baby's safety, you can bet that's what I'll do! I'm also not sure if I want to buy a travel system or just the car seat/carrier and get one of those generic fold up stroller things that can hold the carrier so baby doesn't have to be woken up or moved from the car seat if sleeping. I know, I know, there is plenty of time to make these decisions but I cant help but start to try to think ahead just a little bit! :blush: :haha:

Well I hope you all have a great friday and wonderful weekend! :hugs:

im paying privately for a scan. its only 75 dollars. i just cant wait untill 20 weeks too far away

I'm also doing a private scan for gender. It's $55 here. Find out next Sunday! 12 weeks today!

Yay for the ladies who had scans today :) Glad all is well! :)

We won't be buying any baby things until after we find out, but a lot of things I'll be using from my DD.

Yay for a great scan pixie. I could pay for a private scan at 16 weeks but it costs too much so I'll wait.

I still have a maxi cosi cabriofix from DS that I'll use for number 2, don't know if you have that brand where you are but it's rated very good. I have a baby jogger city mini and it fits into that.

My hospital has started offering the harmony test if the nuchal test shows a certain amount of risk so hoping I don't have to have it.

Yay for such lovely scans. Still want pics though!! Yay for you ladies finding out the gender. Is anyone else staying yellow? We've got the oyster travel system which we loved and we'll put the buggy board on it for dd of she still needs it. We use a mclaren buggy for her now on the rare occasions she needs it. I'm thinking of getting a new car seat though so I can get an isofix one, the oyster doesn't do isofix but you can get isofix car seats to fit the oyster travel system. Being as we've got nothing left to buy I think I can justify it! I hated the little car seat and having to strap it in every time and with 2 of them I'll never get anywhere! Where we love you have to get in the car to get a pint of milk so I'm in and out a lot.

I won't be finding out until my 20 week scan :-/ It's okay though, I can wait (im)patiently.

https://s28.postimg.org/z15423mvh/Tiny_Dancer_10_weeks_6_days.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/o6bj89czv/Tiny_Dancer_10_weeks_6_days.jpg

Ok here is my scan pic from today. I posted the rotated one first so you can kinda see baby's orientation better. Tiny dancer was laying on her belly facing my back hehe! In the second pic, the head is on the right side of the pic and I think in front of it is one of the baby's arms with her hand on her head. :haha: And if you look closely, I think the other arm on the front side of the baby is also on the head. She still wound up wiggling and kicking like that too lol! Silly little dancer! :cloud9: I hope you all enjoy the pics! :flower:

Yall definitely have different brands in the UK then we do in the US. Graco makes a new carseat system that goes from newborn to booster seat!

We paid for the early scan at 15 weeks with DD, and this one will be at 13 weeks! I couldnt wait until 20 weeks lol and neither could DH. We need to be ableto plan since our families are not here in CA near us.

Praying are you thinking girl then?

So exciting you guys are finding out so early! I found out with DS, but this time I'd like to stay team yellow. I figure if I don't find out people won't be buying all kinds of annoyingly girly junk that I don't need! Not really a pink and frilly kind of mom. Just a little worried about coming up with all kinds of names just in case we end up with two of the same gender.

So happy you guys had great scan today!

Yall definitely have different brands in the UK then we do in the US. Graco makes a new carseat system that goes from newborn to booster seat!

We paid for the early scan at 15 weeks with DD, and this one will be at 13 weeks! I couldnt wait until 20 weeks lol and neither could DH. We need to be ableto plan since our families are not here in CA near us.

Praying are you thinking girl then?

What is the name of that system by Graco? I need to look into that! Also, yes, we think this is a girl. DH is convinced of it. :haha: I think it is, too but look forward to finding out for sure in another 2-3 weeks. The good news is that IF it is a girl, we have her name picked out. If it's a boy, we will still need to figure out a name. :blush: But we still have plenty of time to do that! :haha: Just as long as baby is healthy! That's what matters most! <3

You have the name Mallory in mind right? Will you be finding out with your dr or getting a private scan? I just recently saw the Graco commercial but I'll see if I can find what it's called. We're looking into it also.

With our DD we didn't pick her name until she was born. There were lots we liked but couldn't seem to pick. We had it narrowed down to 2 names when I went into labor lol
Omg Mowat that is the worst. Some of the things people give you for baby girls....yuck. do you want names that go together for the twins or just names that you like?

You have the name Mallory in mind right? Will you be finding out with your dr or getting a private scan? I just recently saw the Graco commercial but I'll see if I can find what it's called. We're looking into it also.

With our DD we didn't pick her name until she was born. There were lots we liked but couldn't seem to pick. We had it narrowed down to 2 names when I went into labor lol
Omg Mowat that is the worst. Some of the things people give you for baby girls....yuck. do you want names that go together for the twins or just names that you like?

Yes, if it's a girl we are naming her Mallory. <3 We are finding out by blood test. I am having the Harmony test done (blood draw from me) on Oct 8th at the high risk dr and that includes gender and genetics. Then it will likely take a week to get the results back from there so that's how we're finding out so early. :) I cant wait. We will also have the nuchal scan done that day as well so hopefully that will find us low risk for downs and trisonomy. Two days later I have my next appt back at my regular ob/gyn on the 10th and that will likely be another ultrasound, too. So I am looking forward to getting to see baby twice in one week! :) <3 I just hope she dances for us again at the nuchal scan hehe! And maybe show us her face more. Although, DH and I think her little head is already beautiful! :cloud9: I'm looking forward to having a closer view of her though with the nuchal scan. <3 Oh and knowing me, I will likely still get the 16 week sneak peek scan done too just to get to see the baby's bits to confirm the gender blood test results. :blush: It's just so exciting to get to see it, as well as hear it from a blood test. :haha:
Aren't you planning on finding out this time too, StillP? :flower:

No, I don't imagine we'll think about the names going together. With our son we chose family names and he has a total of four names (including last name)----one for each grandparent. He has my last name as my DH thought it would be nice to continue the family name (my brother will hopefully not reproduce!) We're not sure what to do with last names for the twins! I'm thinking the easiest way to do it is the first born twin will have DH's last name and if the second one is the same gender they get the same last name, otherwise they get my last name. Does that make sense? We're big on traditional/old names. There are certainly lots to chose from!

So just when it seemed like my doctor's office was finally getting it together they screw up again! Talked to the travel office to book my travel for my appointments in early October and they only knew about the first appointment so they couldn't book the trip. They told me to call the doctor's office back to have them resubmit the paperwork. When I called them back the secretary said she hadn't "gotten around" to calling and moving the appointment to later in the day. And she didn't know about resubmitting the paperwork to the travel people! Holy cow, can we say incompetent! Just need to go in less than a week and a half, perhaps we should get this organized! I see the doctor on Tuesday, so I think I'll mention what's been going on. Really not a big deal, I just feel like I constantly have to be making sure people are doing their jobs.

PrayingP: yay for all those scans! I had a look if that harmony test was available in the uk, and it is but privately. But the cost is prohibitive!! £300-700 depending on where you get it done! I'd rather keep that for the baby tbh.

Mowat: I can't believe it! When you go on Tuesday, speak to your doc, then don 't leave the office until this fixed and booked in front of you!! And then make a complaint!
Hope that will get sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"