April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

and the results are in!!!

Attachments

• baby4.jpg
    baby4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
  • baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 10
Awwwww!! Congrats on team blue!!! :blue: :happydance: That def looks like a little hot dog! :haha: So did you do the baking soda test too? If so, did it say boy for you? If it did and it did for StillP and girl for me and all end up being accurate, that is gonna be so awesome! :thumbup: Would love to find out from you if you did the test or not! Meanwhile, I'm so happy for you that you got the little boy that you wanted! :hugs:

PrayingP: poor you. Just reading your story made my stomach turn all oopsie! Hope you manage to have a talk with him and explain that you just can't help the way you are feeling about food (and everything else!) atm.
With us it's the other way round. I don't know what I fancy, I don't feel like cooking at all, and everything I cook is not appealing at all to me. I wish he would cook, but he comes home very late from work, so there's no way I'd let myself starve until he comes back! And when I ask him what he wants for dinner, then he just replies the usual "do you whatever you want".
Argh!! Men! Pregnancy! Hormones!

so since its its so close to me finding out what im having and im going crazy i decided to do the old wives tales. one being peeing on baking soda. if it fizzles its a boy does nothing its a girl
the other one put your ring on a string of your hair. if it circles around your belly its a boy if it goes back and forth its a girl
another one at the early ultrasound if its on the right its a boy and the left its a girl

it fizzled, went in a circle, and is on the right.. all say boy!!!

can someone do these and tell the results.

i had my cousin pee today and hers didnt fizzle!

Im the pne that started it. all said boy

Yay! So far one for Team Blue! Who's next to find out? I find out Sunday! !

Hoping, how neat then! :happydance: Maybe it will be accurate for StillP and I too then! :thumbup: That would be so neat! I will be finding out soon! I have my blood test on Oct 8th and it will likely take a week to get the results. StillP finds out this Sunday. :) So exciting! We need to keep count now that some of us are finding out what the gender is! Like how many on team blue and how many on team pink and team yellow/green! :winkwink:

Oh! btw ring test for me also says team pink! :haha:

HopingW! Team blue! Yay! Congrats on finding out! Indidn't realise when I first read your post. I just enlarged the 2nd pic and read what it said!

Congrats Hoping! Might break out the baking soda today (home with a sick DS). Worried it might explode! Yeah right!

That sucks about the cooking Pixie. I was thinking last night how lucky I am that DH does most of the cooking in our house because most days I'd just eat crackers and cheese for dinner. Sometimes what he's cooking seems unappealing to me, but by the time it is on the table I'm fine. I'm usually kind of hungry at dinner, but can't eat very much, but the rest of the day I'm just not interested in food. Guessing this will pass. Lucky I had some extra fat to get the babies started!

Doctor is 4 hours! Hoping she can find heartbeats on the doppler. Pretty convinced I felt movement twice yesterday. Seems early, but I know with a second pregnancy you feel it earlier. Would think with two in there as well.

Team Green is pretty much the same as yellow. It means not finding out the gender. Some people prefer to say yellow and I've seen on some other forums ladies say team green instead of yellow so it's all a matter of personal preference. :winkwink:

I spoke to the nurse at my ob/gyn's office yesterday and she said to stay on the same dosage of the prog and don't change anything until they see me again on the 10th. So I'm hoping before they have me come off of it that they might do a blood prog test to make sure that my levels indicate placental take over. Also, she said that 2nd trimester begins at week 13 (which helps clear up confusion over that) and the mildly disheartening part is that she said that my chances of losing the baby at this point remain the same as 2 weeks ago at "less than 15% chance". :wacko: I was so hoping for less than 10 or even less than 5 at this point to help me feel even more relaxed about it. But she also said that the chance lessens each week that goes by and that it really decreases after 12 weeks so that has me confused because if my chances were less than 15% 2 weeks ago and then at my last appt this past friday it should of been less than that since 2 weeks had gone by since that last percentage was given to me. Right? :confused: I dunno. I just know that I'm turning 12 weeks tomorrow (by ovulation date) so hopefully despite whatever apparent confusion that went on with that nurse yesterday, hopefully as of tomorrow and through the rest of this week and moving forward my chances are very high of this baby making it! [-o< What do you ladies think? :shrug:

Crackers and cheese for dinner sounds good me ^^
Yay for feeling movements! With ds2 I think I felt flutters at around the same time as you. Like you said with twins you may feel them even more.
Hope it goes well at the docs. Don't forget to harass them for your appoitments!

We posted at the same time PrayingP. I reckon you're just fine! Don't worry too much about stats. As useful as they can be, it's not always black and white, and you're an individual, not a statistic. You'll be fine hun.

Doctor is 4 hours! Hoping she can find heartbeats on the doppler. Pretty convinced I felt movement twice yesterday. Seems early, but I know with a second pregnancy you feel it earlier. Would think with two in there as well.

Ooohh! That's exciting Mowat! Prayers that she finds BOTH heartbeats and that you feel more movements today! :hugs: I think it's entirely and very possible/likely that you DID feel movements since like you said, 2nd pregnancy and with 2 babies, you're more apt to feel more earlier than with a singleton. Please let us know how it goes when you get back! I look forward to hearing! :flower: And let us know if you do decide to do the baking soda test. :haha:

We posted at the same time PrayingP. I reckon you're just fine! Don't worry too much about stats. As useful as they can be, it's not always black and white, and you're an individual, not a statistic. You'll be fine hun.

Thank you so much Ummi! I am definitely having off and on nausea/gagging episodes today and vivid dreams last night and sore around my boobs upon waking (my norm lately) and so on and so on so I am thinking you're right and that baby is doing fine and will be fine, too.

And I was right about the soup, I could barely eat it. :nope: Tonight I am putting my foot down and telling him I get to make the choice tonight for dinner! :haha: Even though I'm not sure yet what I feel like having for dinner. Right now cheese and crackers does sound good! I'm just outta crackers at the moment, believe it or not! :haha: I do have to run out in a little while to run a couple errands so I will likely get some more then. In the meantime, maybe I'll melt some cheese on bread to help settle my stomach down.

Okay, so no bubbles on the baking soda test. Not sure if I did it right---is there supposed to be a certain amount of each? I think I peed on about a teaspoon of soda. Hmmm, better not be two girls! One I'd like, two would be too many.

Officially joining! Due date is early April, 9-6-7-4 today. I give up on exact date and Turnip as baby is currently called will show up when wants to.

13 first trimester losses from 6/04-10/09 when we stopped trying and went to adopting. I've been late and likely lost in 6/10, 3/11, 12/11, 9/12 & 7/13. But just stopped being concerned until missed two cycles and Turnip is first to ever miss three and doctor thinks we both look fabulous. I am seeing an MFM with my history. But never found anything wrong, blood work has been fine. My mother had numerous losses but I've not seen or spoken to her since I left home at 17 so I don't have more information.

Have our adopted little girl, Hannelore who is 2 1/2 if you ask her. She's got until October 11th for that half, but ok.

Welcome in our little group.
I'm sorry for your losses. But massive congrats for your little girl and baby turnip. Happy and healthy 9 months!

Welcome Vampire. I've had multiple unexplained losses too, but seem to be doing fine at the moment!

So doctor's appointment went alright today. Not surprisingly the "world's worst receptionist" didn't book the appointment correctly and it only ended up being 15 minutes (was supposed to be 1/2 hour). Didn't really have time to go over much. Was kind of wondering if I should be taking extra supplements with two growing. I told her repeatedly how nervous I was so she made an extra effort with the doppler and managed to find one heartbeat! Very happy indeed. The w.w. receptionist was supposedly arranging my appointments and travel during my appointment, but hadn't accomplished anything by the time I left. She said she'd call this afternoon ---um, it's almost 5? Geesh. Oh well, I heard a heartbeat! Now I'm really tempted by the used stuff on our local Facebook buy/sell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->