April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

I'm so sorry Mowat! :( I wish people would get on the ball for you! They do need to be doing their jobs without you having to make sure they do! smh

The only reason I'm able to have the Harmony test done is because I have insurance and hopefully that's going to cover it! It'd better cover it! :haha:

Ok, I hate to go on about me again (no seriously, I truly mean that) but I am having a weird day. Today, I keep seeing bits of pink off and on when I wipe and I swear it looks like leftover bits from the progesterone. :wacko: My DH agrees that it doesn't look like blood (God bless him) and said that if he thought it was blood at all he'd already have me in the ER to make sure baby is ok. What I don't get though is why it is I keep seeing it off and on today when normally I don't hardly ever! :wacko: The only thing that I can figure (and I'm definitely no dr nor pharmacist) is that maybe perhaps my placenta is kicking in so much that it's causing the prog levels in my body to already be very high and thus my body is having trouble absorbing the capsules so that I'm seeing the color from the coating of it? :shrug: I'd call the dr's office but they are closed until Monday. :dohh: I did tell them yesterday that I had seen pink after a bm and that it looked like it was from the prog but all they said was "ok" and didn't seem terribly concerned. But today I'm seeing it off and on when I pee and after having a bm. Sigh. I dunno. :shrug: I just hope and pray that the baby is doing ok still. [-o< Thoughts? :blush:

It may be that you haven't pushed it far enough and now it's coming out. Mine tends sometimes to come out a little a bit, either bits in the toilets or on tp. It doesnt worry me because it's got a white/creamy coating.

When are you stopping the progesterone Praying? I finished mine last weekend---so around 11 weeks. Apparently the placenta takes over between 6 and 9 weeks.

PrayingP hopefully it's just your body saying it's good on the prog. Just give your dr a call on Monday and see. I opted out of the extra genetic testing. Because I've had losses I just don't want to know if something is possibly wrong with little one. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :coffee: yes we find out the gender via private scan next Sunday! :) Mallory is a pretty name, nor one you hear much anymore!:flower:

Mowat I think traditional and family names are lovely. Both DD and any munchkins to follow have a family name as their middle name. Is it the same secretary that keeps messing up with your appointments and whatnot? I'd definitely make a complaint. That's absolutely unacceptable!!:growlmad:

Forgive me Ummi but how much is that in US dollars?

Okay im getting super confused. 40÷4=13.3. Yet I read in one place 2nd trimester is 12 weeks, elsewhere I read it's 13, and others 14. When I was prego with DD my dr said the 1st day of your 14th week. Ugh.

Yes, same secretary! Talk about incompetent. I thought she was just filling in, but she's been around for several weeks, so I don't know.

I think second trimester can either be 12 or 13 weeks depending on your doctor.

Some of you ladies are in North America I think. Can anyone recommend some websites with maternity clothes? Having trouble finding anything.

Some of you ladies are in North America I think. Can anyone recommend some websites with maternity clothes? Having trouble finding anything.

Yeeessss zulilly.com, wayfair.com, oldnavy.com (their sizes do run quite a bit bigger). Motherhoodmaternity has lovely clothes but they are a bit expensive.

Maybe that secretary is on a trial run. If so she shouldn't be permanent and you definitely should make a complaint. I guarantee she's jacking up other patient's cases also! Medical cases are really not something you can be so sloppy and incompetent with!

so since its its so close to me finding out what im having and im going crazy i decided to do the old wives tales. one being peeing on baking soda. if it fizzles its a boy does nothing its a girl
the other one put your ring on a string of your hair. if it circles around your belly its a boy if it goes back and forth its a girl
another one at the early ultrasound if its on the right its a boy and the left its a girl

it fizzled, went in a circle, and is on the right.. all say boy!!!

can someone do these and tell the results.

i had my cousin pee today and hers didnt fizzle!

Lmao hoping!!! I haven't tried any of those but I can if you'd like lol

so since its its so close to me finding out what im having and im going crazy i decided to do the old wives tales. one being peeing on baking soda. if it fizzles its a boy does nothing its a girl
the other one put your ring on a string of your hair. if it circles around your belly its a boy if it goes back and forth its a girl
another one at the early ultrasound if its on the right its a boy and the left its a girl

Okay lol so my us baby is on the right=boy
Baking soda I wasn't sure how much of pee to how much baking soda but mine had some white fizz and little bubbles.so...boy?
Ring:when I held it definite circles. When DH held it it went all weird from side to side to circles lol. So I'm gonna say ring test = boy.

Okay lol so my us baby is on the right=boy
Baking soda I wasn't sure how much of pee to how much baking soda but mine had some white fizz and little bubbles.so...boy?
Ring:when I held it definite circles. When DH held it it went all weird from side to side to circles lol. So I'm gonna say ring test = boy.

isnt it strange how they all say the same thing?? I know its all for fun but iv felt boy since day one. With my 1st preg i felt girl even though iv wanted a boy the whole time so i know its not me just saying "oh i want a boy so its a boy"
I will find out tuesday if its true or not. I have had my scan for tomorrow booked for so long i thought it would never come. As much as i dont want today to hurry up but hurry up sunday!!!

Any other ladies willing to try it??

In the 1st trimester blog i got two responses. One she did the baking soda test and it was correct. The other one she got all girl guesses but doesnt know what shes having

I honestly am not sure with this one. It's so different from my pg with DD but that doesn't necessarily different gender.

Not sure the tests would work with twins. I guess maybe if they are both the same gender.

When are you stopping the progesterone Praying? I finished mine last weekend---so around 11 weeks. Apparently the placenta takes over between 6 and 9 weeks.

Mowat, I'm stopping at 13 weeks but waiting to hear back from the dr's office as to whether I need to ween down next week or cold turkey.

Also, the pink stuff stopped and I felt very pregnant yesterday. Today though, less vivid dreams, less boob pain on waking up this morning, but still really tired and peeing lots. So not sure if this means placenta is in the process of taking over or what? :shrug: I just hope and pray that baby is still doing well! [-o< I've called the dr office and left a message for the nurse to call me back about the questions I didn't get to ask on Friday due to the dr having to run out for a delivery. So hopefully I'll get some reassurance once I hear back from her. I guess I'm just so close to 2nd tri that I'm trying like heck and praying like heck to make it there. :blush:
Wow, baking soda test huh? I'm tempted to try it! lol! Just for kicks! :haha:

I hope the rest of you are doing well today!

Ok since I just had to pee again lol :haha:, I went ahead and tried the baking soda test and mine is definitely a girl result! Not a single bubble nor a single bit of fizzing! :thumbup: So now I'm eager to see if the harmony gender test results agree! :blush:

Oh yeah! And StillP, thanks for the compliment on the name! :flower:

So it doesn't always fizz! Interesting. I'm hoping for a boy because DH really wants a son but it wouldn't break my heart to have another girl lol

TMI but is anyone else constantly "wet"?? :blush:

StillP, I watched a few vids on youtube about this and some fizz, some don't! It's really interesting! I'm not sure as to the accuracy of this test but it is interesting that it's accurate for some but not for everyone. Let's hope it's accurate for both of us! :flower:

I too have noticed feeling a little bit more moist down there lately and sometimes when I wipe it's clear and sometimes its yellowish. But never any foul odor nor itching so maybe it has to do with hormones during placenta take over? :shrug: At least I'm hoping that is what is going on with me!

On another note, **RANT/VENT WARNING** DH is really pissing me off lately! He keeps deciding what to make for dinner without at all consulting me about it nor asking me how I feel about it! Like the other day he said he wants to make chicken and leeks soup. I was good about it and went along with it because chicken and leeks sounded pretty good and it did turn out good. Yesterday he said pasta (spaghetti) which was fine and good and was ok with me but earlier he says "I'm gonna making soup for dinner with squash and onions and...." I don't want soup and he didn't bother to ask ME what I feel like having! instead he only wants to make what he feels like eating and gets mad at me when i tell him what i feel like eating! never mind the fact that I'm pregnant and cant help what seems good and what seems gross to me right now! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! :grr: I asked him to make chicken and rice and maybe add the cooked squash to that and do it that way and at first he seemed like he was good with that but come to find out he's gonna add it to the soup so it's still soup! I don't want soup! Soup doesn't work for me! I don't like the texture, I don't like that it leaves me still hungry because it's mostly liquid and I just don't like the texture of the stuff in it at that point! I want and need something that will fill me up like cooked rice with chicken and then cooked veggies added if he wants it. I cant help but feel like he's being selfish, especially since he knows I'm pregnant and some things just don't sound good to me these days! :growlmad: This new trend has only been the past few days so I don't get what his deal is but I wish he'd at least ASK me how I feel about it first, instead of getting mad at me when I end up having to tell him myself that it doesn't appeal to me! :nope: Ok rant/vent session over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->