April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

I'm back from my nuchal scan and pleased and excited that it went great! :happydance: Turns out baby's weird position was what made the amniotic sac look strange. :blush: Today it looked normal and baby was back to being horizontal and laying on her belly and measured right on par and was quiet, still, and asleep when we first began with a resting hr of 151. A couple mins later though I think we woke her up and she started moving and wiggling and next thing we know she flips over onto her back! :haha: So the tech is getting her measurements and trying to get the nasal bone shot but baby was being stubborn. :haha: We only got one good shot at it and I will post it here for you ladies and let me know if you think it looks like baby has a nasal bone. :blush: We also have a 3D pic that she took of baby and you can see her little face! :cloud9: Sooooo adorable! :cloud9: Yeah...I was a puddle and in love with my baby! <3 Then a min later baby flipped back onto her belly again lol! So the tech finished up her shots (saw pics of hands and feet too) and then went and got the dr so he could look at it and tell us what he thinks of how baby is doing and when he started doing his part of the scan the baby had flipped back onto her back again! :haha: I wonder if we have a little gymnast on our hands! lol! The dr tried to look at the nasal bone himself but baby was not about it and kept the little fist up near the face making it hard to see lol! :haha: He said that baby looks perfect though and that they don't see anything wrong with baby nor any signs of trouble at this point. :thumbup: They went ahead and drew blood for both genetics screen AND gender and they said it will take 15 working days (so like 3 weeks) to get the results (ugh!) which is gonna feel like forever from now! :haha: But soon as I hear from them I will let you all know! Meanwhile, a couple pics below for you all! :flower:

Do you ladies think you see a nasal bone there? :blush:
https://s1.postimg.org/jefwadz7z/12_weeks_4_days_nuchal_scan_side_profile.jpg

And here is 3D! Sweet little face and arms and legs! <3
https://s23.postimg.org/5hct99f8b/12_weeks_4_days_nuchal_scan_3_D_pic.jpg

Mowat, I'm so sorry about the terrible headache! :( I pray your scan went well today and that your head is feeling better! :hugs:

I also hope everyone is doing well too! :flower: One more checkup for me on friday then hopefully we should be good to go for a few weeks as we roll into 2nd tri! And hopefully no more scares! [-o&lt;

Munchkin! :hugs: Glad you enjoyed your weekend minus the puking :dohh: I know how you feel, I'm still throwing up! yay for heartbeat:happydance: I so want a Doppler! Ooo staying Team Yellow? Who else is Team yellow?

Vampire glad this pregnancy hasn't been rough on you:hugs: We all know how hard it is to get excited after having losses :cry: Have you had an u/s yet?

Mowat so sorry about your headaches:hugs: I hope your Dr can give you something to help. Peppermint tea does help ease the sharpness of headaches. I hope you get a pic of those twins!!

PrayingP fx for a great scan!

Hoping don't feel bad, my pregnancy with my DD was like that. I'm glad you have it easy:winkwink: I hope it stays that way with you!

Button yay for scans but boo for full bladder scans, I HATE those. :growlmad:

Munchkin! :hugs: Glad you enjoyed your weekend minus the puking :dohh: I know how you feel, I'm still throwing up! yay for heartbeat:happydance: I so want a Doppler! Ooo staying Team Yellow? Who else is Team yellow?

Vampire glad this pregnancy hasn't been rough on you:hugs: We all know how hard it is to get excited after having losses :cry: Have you had an u/s yet?

Mowat so sorry about your headaches:hugs: I hope your Dr can give you something to help. Peppermint tea does help ease the sharpness of headaches. I hope you get a pic of those twins!!

PrayingP fx for a great scan!

Hoping don't feel bad, my pregnancy with my DD was like that. I'm glad you have it easy:winkwink: I hope it stays that way with you!

Button yay for scans but boo for full bladder scans, I HATE those. :growlmad:

I think you missed my post about my scan. :haha: It's above your post! :haha:

PrayingP: that's just fab'! I wouldn 't have a clue about the nasal bone (I did not even know they were looking for it during the 12w scan). Sorry I'm no help. But so happy everything is well.

Still: sorry you are still being sick. That's awful. Hope it goes away quickly.

Vampire: glad you have it easy too. Update us whenever you want.

Afm: my symptoms seem to have eased a bit in the past few days and I have a bit more energy too. It feels good not to feel so sick. However, even though I know it 's normal at this point , I can't help but worry a little that soemthing has happened. I know it's irrational, but I just can't help it. I can't wait for my 12w scan on sunday.

Also I have a question. I'm going to visit my friend on friday and I would like to announce her the pregnancy.
She been really really supportive through all my losses, she took the kids over at hers while I had my mmc, she listened to me, she supported me, she was a shoulder to cry on and said nothing but kind and hopeful words.
So I don't know how to announce it to her. I'd like to make her guess or something. You know. (But no big brother t-shirt or cakes of some sorts please). So if you could help with the wordings, I'd be so grateful. Thx.

We think I'm having a girl but we don't know for sure yet. I had a blood test done today that will tell us what it is for sure but we have to wait for those results to come back until end of the month. :dohh:

We think I'm having a girl but we don't know for sure yet. I had a blood test done today that will tell us what it is for sure but we have to wait for those results to come back until end of the month. :dohh:

ok i was confused for a second

We are thinking of the name logan!

Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight home. Crazy, busy day! Had an awesome scan! Everything looked great and the u/s tech was fabulous. I expected her to be really quiet (people seem to complain about that at nuchal scans), but she described everything and pointed out all the organs and body parts. She told me right away that everything looked great and was well below the "worry" level. Even got some great photos! Wasn't expecting any, but I got 4 of one baby, and 2 of the other. One was being quite difficult! They sure were thrashing around in there! I'm thinking break dancers.

Scan took so long (and they got me in late) so I ended up being 10 minutes late to my doctor's appointment (despite the taxi driver driving like a maniac!) Ended up being fine and they fit me in. Doctor was a riot! Felt like inviting her out to dinner she was so fun! Acknowledged and agreed with all my concerns and put her opinions in a letter she's sending to my OB's at home. Said she'd expect me to be off work starting at some point in January and delivering around 35 weeks. She recommends induction at 37 or 38 weeks at most. Didn't have much of an opinion about the headaches, but I'm wondering if it might be dehydration---felt a lot better when I was guzzling water for my u/s. Just as I was leaving the office there was a stroller with newborns twins in it! Holy cow I almost freaked out---I'm going to have them too! Think I might actually be starting to believe it.

Anyway, hope everyone else is well---I'm kind of wrapped up in my own good news today. Glad your scan went well too Pixie!

As I said in the other thread it's fantastic. Really glad everything went well.
I like your story about the buggy with newborn twins! Makes it so real! Post a pic of your babies if you can. Do you have a hint of the gender?

Mowat, awwwwwwwwwww!!! That is SO great and I'm SO happy for you! :happydance: About time you got treated well! :hugs: I'm also really happy that they took the time to reassure you and show you how well your babies are doing and the dr about your concerns! :thumbup: Now THAT is what care is all about! I hope the dr's letter to your OB might help get things going in a better direction with that relationship. Just goes to show that some drs care a lot more than others. Sadly. When you get a chance, please share scan pics with us! :haha: I wanna see those precious twinsies! <3 And so cute about the stroller part! Awwwww! :) Just wait till we can feel the antics and acrobatics of our babies! :haha: I cant wait! :winkwink:

Meanwhile, my spotting started back up (brown) the other day and I have another check up back at my normal ob/gyn tomorrow so I will ask about it then. I am just sick and tired of seeing it already! It's been such a rough week and I'm going into 2nd tri in a couple days and I want to relax and enjoy this already and I feel like as long as the spotting continues, I really cant fully do that! :nope: UGH! ](*,) I am glad and happy/grateful that my baby is well though and that I have my doppler for reassurance! But this spotting is still frustrating me and upsetting to me to no end! :grr:

Hope the rest of you are having a wonderful relaxing day today! :flower:

Sorry PrayingP about the spotting. Must be awfully stressful. Try and get some rest. I really hope it stops soon. xx

PrayingP glad your scan went well! Don't you love seeing their little faces on the u/s??:cloud9: Sorry your spotting is back, I know how worrying that is. Try to rest and stay hydrated, maybe eat some iron/protein rich foods :flower:

Ummi glad your symptoms are easing, though we all know that fear of "wait, are they easing because something is wrong?!":hugs: If it makes you feel better mine keep coming back and I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow! :shrug: As for your friend, did you want to get her like a little gift? Like a "auntie" type thing? Or maybe write her a nice letter and put it in a tea mug that says "Auntie" on it or has a baby kind of design. Idk if you have pinterest but they have lots of very cute baby announcement ideas!

HopingW love the name Logan for a boy:thumbup: Very cute.

Mowat! So glad your scan went well, hope you can share pics of those lil beans! :happydance: Glad you enjoyed your time with the Dr and got some reassurance. hopefully now your other Dr will make sure you are attended to properly!:winkwink:

AFM: My DD has decided baby "Dister" will be named Caroline (her name) lol. :haha: Or she likes "Elsa" because its from Frozen. oddly enough she keeps insisting it's a baby brother and wants to name him Ian. Silly thing.

Thanks Still for the idea. It's really great but I don't know if I'd have time to do. I'm going to see her tomorrow. I know, I know, should have thought about it before! Maybe I can do the card thingy, but I haven't any mug. :( i'll have a look on pinterest and maybe do a mix up of things.
I can't wait to feel movements so at least I won't worry so much. I'm against buying a doppler simply because I'd freak out if I don't find the hb, it is more likely with my belly fat! Haha! But I wouldn't mind a u/s machine at home!!

Thanks Ummi and StillP. I'm very hydrated, I promise you that! It does look like its finally diminishing again tonight. The amount of brown I'm seeing is very light tonight so hopefully tomorrow it will quit for good! I did have a small scare tonight when I couldn't find baby on the doppler but then I finally found her and her hr is average of 150 bpm. She seems to be tucked into some little left side corner of my uterus lol. I do pray that she will cooperate better for me tomorrow morning! I plan to check on her again tomorrow morning before heading to the dr office for my check up (yeah I don't like wondering about the what ifs, I like to hear the hb before going so I know baby is still ok) and hopefully her hr will be a little higher like it was this morning (155-160 this am). :blush: Even at almost 13 weeks these little ones can still give us a scare! :dohh: Have any of you yet had a time where you went to use your doppler to find baby but couldn't find him or her for a few minutes and caused you worry until you found baby? I would imagine so but just thought I'd ask. :shrug:

StillP, awwww your DD sounds so adorable! <3 Hehe! I bet she's gonna be a great big sister! :)

Ummi, I know the worry of diminished symptoms. I have days where I have a few gag fits a day and then others where I only have one or two or barely that! So far that's the only one that varies. I'm still exhausted every day like I've ran a marathon. So while I look forward to feeling a little bit, it will no doubt bring paranoia with it until I can feel movements. :dohh: Hopefully we will both feel movement soon! :hugs:

Sorry about the spotting pixie, glad it's starting to go. Yes last time I used doppler I looked where baby usually hides in the centre but eventually found them on my left.

I'm 12 weeks today, yay!

Uggghhhh now its looking like its not stopping! Its still brown and wet but this morning it looks like the amount is more even after being in bed asleep all night (except my first bathroom trip at 3:30 am)! I feel like ripping my hair out and crying! I'm turning 13 weeks tomorrow and I need the dang spotting to stop already so I can finally relax and enjoy having made it to 2nd tri! :hissy: I have my checkup appt in a couple hrs so I'm gonna talk to them about this. I've been resting and mostly staying on bed rest this week in hopes that it will finally quit so I've not over exerted myself nor have dh and I dtd! UGH this is so so frustrating! Thanks for listening to me rant and complain, girls. I'm just getting fed up with it. :grr:

We're here to listen hun. Who else would you share your worries with otherwise?
I'd be in the same state as you if it happened to me. Are you using your doppler? Hope you get some answer at your appointment. :hugs:

Afm: i saw my friend today. Both our husbands are algerian and we're both french in the uk. In algeria, there is a tradition that when a baby is born, you prepare a cake called tamine made with semolina, honey, butter and cinamon. So to make my announcement, I basically invited her at mine near the end of april to have some tamina!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->