April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Yes I take the spatone too. Not as religiously as I should though obviously!! I think I need to get levels up before labour so will take the tablets and put up with the black poo!!

And it doesn't make you constipated.

Button: I hope so too. I'll still prepare a hospital bag in case... We never know what might happen.

Definitely, also handy to have all the stuff for labour in one place anyway.

I don't think I could do a home birth. Kudos to those ladies that are going that route! My cousin is doing it too.

Someone was telling my birth class that their friend had the cops called on them because she was screaming so loud, that the neighbors were concerned.. lol

Well, it seems it won't happen for me once again. My address is out of the hospital catchment. My gp is in, so that's why I can go to that hospital, but they can't come to me! My mw friend just texted me. Gutted once again. :(
I need to find a way around that.
I'm already hyper emotional, so this is not helping.

Can you not switch to whatever hospital whose catchment you are in?

Sorry ummi that seems so silly :( yeah maybe try a different hospital?? Although I agree I couldn't do a home birth!! I've been thinking lots about what to do with my dd when I go into labour though. Her grandparents will come and stay but I want her to be the first to see the baby and know what it is and make if really special for her. I think I'll also want to get home to her ASAP but I also will need to take it easy and be looked after a bit whereas if I come home I know oh will expect me to be up to speed straight away!! Men!! Any ideas??

Button: I just checked and the hospital that cares for our area is way too far for us. I would be worried if I had to be transfered. I'll stick to the one closer (really 5 min by car, 15 min by bus!), I gave birth to ds2 there and it was great. But I just didn't feel like even going to hospital this time, I wanted to be cosy. Iykwim. I just hate being stopped by administrative stuff. If it was medical, I'd have understood. I'm going to try not to have a tantrum about it.

How is it that the hospital closer to you isn't the one that you can do the home birth through? That makes no sense...

I know... :(
I guess they don't work by distance and that it's because it's not the same borough. I'm just in between 3 boroughs, right at the limits of each ones. To top it all up, it's not considered London anymore, it's Essex. But way much closer to London! Silly administration thing hey!
Anyway, I'll chase it up just in case, but not going to set my hopes to high.

I'm in the same situation regarding hospitals. There are two that are closer to me than the one that covers my borough including the one that I had DS in. I'm low risk though and I figure if the midwives don't have a problem with the transfer time then I'll trust their judgement. My area are very pro home birth and I think that makes a big difference as I know a few women who have had home births so it doesn't seem scary. I feel the same way as Ummi, I just want to be comfy at home and also I don't have to worry about DS.

Munchkin I think if your OH expects you to get on with things you're just going to have to remind him to do them instead. It's not like housework is important at that time anyway.

Thanks button. I'm not usually that stressy about housework but if know before I had my dd I was obsessively cleaning for weeks!! And I got 2 nights in hospital when I just are and ate and ate and when I'm sleep deprived things seem more important so I know I'll need a clean tidy house and some good food for a bit! Might try and get a cleaner in for the first couple of weeks who can do washing too and pre cook meals for the freezer. With dd loads of people brought casseroles and hearty food and ohs parents brought cream cakes practically every day after I told them I needed sweet creamy stuff to make my milk taste nice ;) Will try and encourage that I think!! OH is ace with dd but when he has her on his own the house is a total disaster. He's also self employed. He took time off when dd was born but he works at home too so there's always more important stuff to do than cleaning!!

Getting a cleaner is a good plan. My friend got one when she had her second. It just frees up a bit of time for you to spend with your children. My OH is also self employed, maybe ask him to set times to deal with work stuff so it doesn't leak into the time you need him. It's tough because they don't get that paternity leave so I think you need to both be stricter about how long he is going to be 'off work' but maybe say he has an hour a day to check emails and respond etc.

Good idea button. Glad you understand!! My 2 brothers in law both have 'normal' jobs and when they're at home they're at home. I wouldn't want oh to change his job at all but I do sometimes get a bit jealous!!

I had to have a word with my OH recently because he was doing a lot of work in the evenings and as I told him this is the last few months where we will have our evenings together uninterrupted and when baby shows up he's going to wear himself out if he keeps on going to bed late.

Yeah I don't think oh has quite worked out we'll have 2!! And he duesnt remember what it was like with dd, plus he slept through every night. He sleeps like the dead!!
I've been trying to take these silly iron tablets on an empty stomach like they say but it's just making me feel sick :( but on a positive note, we've finally started sorting the nursery!! It was ohs tip of an pffice, wish I'd taken a before photo!!

image.jpg

Aww.. love the nursery pictures! I won't have a nursery set up until we move :( Oh well.

I have been trying to increase my iron intake, but I am thinking that the iron supplements might just be easier.

That's lovely, I really like the elephant wallpaper.

No nursery for me either, she'll be in with me then she'll go in with DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->