April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

We don't have an Ikea in Alaska.. so I am SOL on any Ikea goodies. We are going to start looking at houses in a couple weeks, so the nursery thing isn't figured out yet.. but she will be sleeping with us for a bit anyways.

Are any of you bringing your own delivery gowns to the hospital/birthing center?

Yeah last time I bought some cheap nighties from the supermarket a couple of sizes too big and they worked well. Cool stroppy ones are best! I'm hoping for a waterbirth so I reckon I need some cheap big vests too. Although there'll be no dignity by then anyway so I might as well be naked! I also bought a light weight dressing gown in a bigger size for post birth, that worked well cos hospitals are stupidly hot!!

That's not a bad idea. I was looking online, and they were just way more than I really wanted to spend on anything.

Yeah and honestly once youre in the middle of it you wont care of you're butt naked or in a batman outfit!! And whatever you wear will get bloody and minging and gross.

I bought cheap nighties as well from primark last time. I stripped off completely to go in the birthing pool and stayed naked even when I was out of the pool. I think I was a bit stroppy when they wanted me to put a nightie and a dressing gown on to transfer to the labour and delivery floor from the birth centre.

I think I need to get a superman shirt with a cape for delivery.. :haha:

Called and made an appointment with a pediatrician for next month.

I forgot you were in Alaska aknqtpie. You understand my (shopping) pain then.

Alaska! Wow! I don't know why, but I could have sworn you were in the uk!

AK … UK .. only a letter off :) We are slowly starting to get more box stores… Both Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop opened up here last year :) But I think it will be a while before Ikea comes up here….

The crappy thing is.. half the companies won't ship up here, and if they do, they charge twice as much for shipping. It's ridiculous.

You've got a lot more stores than we do! Yes, shipping here is ridiculous too. We always buy a lot of clothes when we down south, but it's hard to bring back things like furniture.

Whenever I'm in Seattle I do the same. Where are you at again?

Hello ladies :hugs:

How is the new bra treating you Mowat? I knew there weren't a lot of stores in AK but I had no idea about not being able to have things shipped to you! That would drive me crazy!:growlmad:

Munchkin I'm pretty sure my nursing bras from DD are the same:nope: going to have to suck it up and buy new ones. I found some pretty cheap ones at Target so I bought some in random sizes because Lord knows they change so much between now and after engorgement. :wacko:Are you doing a prenatal yoga? I've been doing regular yoga and next week I'm starting prenatal pilates.
Yay for a good scan! I'm sure that it was comforting for you to see everything is going the way it should :thumbup:

Button I love Ikea!

Akn I didn't bring any with my DD but I will this time. The hospital gown is fine for birthing but afterwards I want something else. Probably some cheap ones from Walmart lol Totally cracked up picturing someone giving birth in a batman costume! :haha: I love cabelas & bass pro!!

AFM we get the keys to our new house tomorrow! !!!!

Yay for the new house still!

I still got my bras from ds2, but like you girls, I'll have to buy new have. I'll buy night nursing bras first, and then get fitted for day ones when baby comes. I've got 2 breastfeeding vests that are just amazing though. Shape hasn't changed an inch. And I got them for free. I came across some start up company that was asking people to try their new stuff and give their thoughts about it in exchange!

Woohoo on the new house!!!

If I end up finding a cheap superman shirt and wearing it, I will make sure I snap a selfie for all you ladies :)

I do prenatal yoga... LOVE IT. I wish they had prenatal palates here.

I've got my prenatal yoga tomorrow, haven't done it for a couple of weeks and I really need it.

Ikea trip was a success, DS had a brilliant time and I picked a cot, mattress and baby gym for baby which I've ordered as we don't have a car. I only have a few bits to get now.

I was really annoyed though as some plates I ordered were left outside my door and they were broken.

Hopefully the company has insurance on them, i had that happen once, and they were going to replace them, but I never followed through... It was two bowls out of a big set of dishes.

I'm in the Yukon aknqtpie. We're even worse off for stores than you guys!

New bra isn't quite as wonderful as I had hoped. Boo! Did some googling and some people are claiming you can wear underwire the whole time so I'm going to try and find something I have that fits a bit better for now. I had the same problem in my first pregnancy and I think some of the pain is just not going to go away. Pretty sure my babies sit high and with large breasts I just get horrible pain right across my upper ribs. The only thing that helps is going bra-less and lounging on the couch!

We're getting the keys for our new house today too! Just waiting for the realtor now---of course she's late!

Hi ladies. In hospital now. Came in as I had diarrhea and vomiting yesterday evening, then couldn't sleep as my insides felt like they were being ripped out. They put me on the monitors and I was having contractions 1min apart, a fingertip dialated. They put me on fluids and monitors for 2 hrs, then did an exam and took samples. Still only a fingertip dialated but contractions have not stopped just slowed down. Being discharged soon I hope :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->