April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

I hope the contractions stop soon and everything is ok with baby. Thinking of you

Bless you. So sorry to hear that :( Are they saying it's the diarrhoea triggering contractions? Glad they're slowing down but make sure they don't let you out til they're sture you're no longer in labour. Scary. Massive :hugs:

I'm sorry Still. I hope it stops soon and you can go home and relax. I too was wondering if it was the sickness and diarrhoea causing them? Will be thinking of you. Keep us posted when you can. xx

Hopefully they can get everything slowed down StillP. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers today!!

Mowat - I am still using an underwire bra. My boobs are too big, that when I tried one with no underwire, I felt like I had no support. So I just ordered the right size from Victoria Secrets, only ordered a couple, and they have workd out great.

Hi ladies.
My contractions were a minute apart. They gave me an IV and flooded my body with fluids. They slowed the contractions down enough to prevent me from dilating thankfully. They think I may have had a little bug with the vomiting/diarrhea and it dehydrated me. Then with all of the moving I was doing I just overdid it and my body tried to go into labor. Still having some pretty strong Braxton Hicks (I guess that's what they are now since they don't stay consistent?) But nowhere near what they were. I'm really thinking this little one is not planning on staying in there all the way to April!
Thank you for your support!!

Still! I was keeping an eye on the thread for an update. Thank God it has stopped. Take it easy hun. Lots and lots of rest. Have you got anyone to help with the move? I hope the doctors are keeping a good eye on you. xx

So glad they got it to stop! Take it easy and take care of yourself. Hopefully baby girl decides to stay and bake a little longer!!!

Take care of yourself Still. Must have been scary, I'm glad they managed to stop dilation.

Found out today I am anemic. I guess this is why I have been so tired. But the good news is.. I think I passed my glucose test.. since the packet I got in the mail was only for anemia.

I was anaemic with DS but they got me straight on supplements and I was fine in plenty of time for labour so hopefully you should feel better reasonably quickly.

I am only about 2% out of the normal range.. so hoping by increasing iron rich foods in my diet will bring it back up. I don't want to have to take supplements.. I have a hard enough time as it is taking my prenatals.

A friend of mine is a pediatric dietician.. so she just sent me a bunch of information on iron rich foods... so I made a list and am gonna run to the store on my lunch.

Make sure you get plenty of vit c to help with absorption.

Supplements should do the trick. There is a water here that is called spatone. It is naturally so rich in iron, they sell it in little sachets and really helps. I don't know if you've got something like that where you are.

I received my first parcel of baby clothes today. I'm so excited! They're the ones from eBay but I should soon receive what I ordered on sales. It starts to feel a bit more real this time.

I had another appt on Monday with the consultant, it all went well. He actually discharged me from his care to the midwives and gave me the green light for my home birth! I called my mw friend and she is going to arrange to visit me and hopefully if she is on duty when I give birth, she'll be there with me.

I have OJ on my list, and have vitamin C at the house too.

You should post pictures of your clothes you got :)

That's great you're allowed a home birth Ummi. I hope our babies behave and we both get to deliver at home.

I've just had the call to say I'm anaemic too. I had just the same at this gestation with my dd. Those tablets are awful though, I remember being hideously constipated. Boo!!

I hate the tablets too. You should try spatone with orange juice. Works wonder.

And it doesn't make you constipated.

Button: I hope so too. I'll still prepare a hospital bag in case... We never know what might happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->