April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Good Morning Ladies:hi: Are we all in third Tri now?

Munchkin I agree, mommy-guilt truly is the worst. I'm so terrified of her feeling left out or replaced or something:nope: I've always said I wanted more than 2 but this pregnancy has been so hard on me I'm not so sure I will have more:shrug: I admire you for wanting to do cloth diapers! I'd love to try, but being dual active military it just isn't practical for us.

Ummi shopping for baby girl clothes is the best but I'm probably biased :winkwink: I'm not too worried on the hospital bag since I can literally walk to the hospital from my house lol Hahaha at your DH, how many does he want to have? I wonder what the shipping would cost to where I am...hmm...lol

AKN I'm not even bothering with a homecoming outfit this time. With my DD the entire time she was in the hospital she was in their newborn tshirts and a diaper all swaddled. Clothes were just unnecessary. lol We plan on bringing footie pjs (we call them sleepers IDK about other places lol) in 3 different sizes to bring her home in. :thumbup:

Hoping! So nice to hear from you:hugs: Glad you're still hanging in there. Did you retake your glucose test yet? Hope you had a lovely shower and got some great gifts:winkwink: Katie also likes to put her feet in my ribs, I totally feel ya on that lol

AFM, been having never ending Braxton hicks it seems and lots of soft stool (sorry TMI:blush:) Hoping it doesn't mean anything. Appointment went well, haven't heard anything on my glucose test so I'm hoping that means Im good lol Actually went baby shopping for the first time this pregnancy:happydance: We got some binkies, a new swing, mesh cradle bumpers, cradle sheets, and receiving blankets:cloud9:

Hi still! Glad you're ok. Yes I'm hoping we'll be ok. I'll be off work for at least the first year and we'll have a cleaner and dd will be in nursery a couple of days too. Not sure it'll work in hospital so I'll probably buy 1 pack of disposables but take cloth in anyway.
I've been getting loads of braxton hicks too and my bowels are a disaster! I'm either totally constipated or the other way (tmi!) the iron tablets are making it even worse. I'm drinking loads of water and taking a tiny dose of lactulose once a day to combat it but it's not fun :( all the baby clothes came back from my sis at the weekend and I've got 3 bin bags of nappies from freecycle to sort through today so wish me luck!!

Ouch, I've been getting pelvic and hip pain last couple of days. Is anyone else getting it? Really trying to be careful about lifting DS but he's getting tired because he keeps waking up at night. Got a feeling the next 3 months are not going to be fun!

I think we are all in third tri now Still. Glad you had fun baby shopping.

Munchkin you're going to be busy today with all that lot to go through!

Yes still, I think we're all in 3rd tri. Just realised it yesterday. I told dh I was in 3rd tri, he said "what is that?" Ha! Men they don't really have a clue, do they?

Button: I get these kind of pains too. They're awful. Today I felt like I had 2 huge screw in my pelvis/ hips. I was moving like a rusty robot. I did get SPD with both the boys, so I'm expected to get it this time too, but so far, despite being painful, it's been better than with the other pregnancies.

Any tips you have on how to manage it, especially with a toddler? I've been looking at maternity supports belts but the different reviews are confusing.

Eurgh that's not good. I'm starting to get hip pain in bed which isn't fun and bad lower central back pain when I've been overdoing it. I was also actually sick today for the first time in 3 pregnancys!! I was having a doze on the sofa propped up by cushions and basically everything came up through my nose and everything. It was horrific. I've had reflux when going to sleep when I wake up choking but this was proper vomit as well as choking. I think it's cos I had my lunch just before my doze but I had puke in my nasal passages for hours and was still coughing up vomity stuff afterwards. Really not fun!!

Poor you Munchkin that sounds horrible. Pregnancy certainly isn't a glamorous affair!

I'm going to see if I can get a Dr appointment on Friday, if not I'll mention it to my midwife on Tuesday. I want to get the ball rolling as when I've googled it says it might require a referral to a physio and I have no idea how long that will take!

Cute moment at playgroup the other day, my friends little girl told me I have treasure in my tummy.

Cute!! Yes definitely get a referral. Have you got a birth ball? Wiggling and sitting on that really helped my hips last time.
My dd keeps stroking my tummy and saying she's being gentle with the baby. She occasionally strokes my boobs instead when she gets confused :rofl: also she keeps giving her dummies to the baby, putting them in the cot Etc. She's a total dummy addict so it's impressive until bed time when she wants them all back!!

I just have lower back pain, no hip pain yet.. but when I went into the prenatal massage, she said my hips were really tight... so I dunno. 27 weeks is the beginning of 3rd tri right? Then I guess I am in my third trimester! :)

So we put an offer on a house on monday, and we might be potentially entering a bidding war.. the sellers agent is playing games, and it is irritating me. Another buyer looked at the house like 1.5 weeks ago, but didn't do anything.. after I put an offer in, the seller contacted the other buyer and told them they received an offer... and supposedly they are planning to submit an offer.. If they do, that means I have to submit a "best and final" offer.. and if my offer isn't good enough, then I don't get it :(... It's a new construction home, and the lot and size is perfect for us.. so I am on pins and needles waiting to hear what happens. I should know by 5pm AKT if another bid came in or if they are countering my offer. At least there are a lot of other reputable builders and empty lots in the area we are looking, so if this falls through, we will start talking to builders about building vs. this one, which is new construction, but I don't get to pick any fixtures or anything.

Good luck AKN, hope you get your offer accepted.

Munchkin that is so cute and funny about your DD. I don't have a birthing ball but you've reminded me my friend said I could borrow hers and we've both forgotten about it. Her OH is seeing mine on Sunday so I'll ask her to give it to him to give to me. I have a feeling it will help a lot. I also have a yoga class on Saturday so I'll ask the teacher for some exercises that will help. I'm determined not to let this get any worse!

Button: one of my friend had that too. She bought a 3M belt, I don't think it is specific to maternity, but it helped her tremendously. It costed her £30, vs £15 or so for the mothercare. Apparently the mothercare was not holding her hips enough and the 3M one was better. Hth.
The ball is a good idea too. I need to take on my own advice now!

Munchkin: that's horrible. Sorry it happened. This pregnancy my reflux and sickness are awful too. I'd rather have the heart urns I had with the other 2, at least gaviscon or rennie tablets were helping. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi ladies!! :hi:
I've been really busy these last months, and have neglected checking up on you all! I read a few pages back, I hope everyone is doing well! (I mean relative to being in the 3rd tri, I totally feel you all on acid reflux, and hip pain! :winkwink:)

Akn: I hope your bid gets accepted! How exciting to be looking at buying a house! Keep us posted! :flower:

Oooh, I need to add my cute toddler moment: I've been telling Ana that I have a baby in my tummy...and she's generalized to think that DH also has a baby in his tummy! :haha: Sometimes she'll whip his shirt up and give his belly a big kiss, saying that she's kissing the "bébé." The other day, I went to fetch her out of her crib at the end of her nap. I heard her talking away, and when I entered her room, she was sitting up in the corner of her crib with her shirt pulled up. When she saw me, she pointed to her belly and said, "bébé!" Way too cute! :cloud9:

Who else has low-lying placentas?! Button, I think you did?? I'm going in for an ultrasound on Tuesday the 27th to get mine checked out. I had marginal placenta previa at my 20 week scan. FX that the placenta has moved off the cervix, or else I'll be put on bed-rest starting at 32 weeks, and then a c-section at 36 weeks (around March 9th). I'm not down for a repeat c-section. :wacko: On a side note, I had a c-section with Ana because she was breech...and I'm SURE this baby is presently breech, his head is constantly in my ribs. I know he still has time to turn, but I'm nervous that he won't because Ana never did! :haha:

We got the house!! We move in on March 20... Or we will probably have the movers move us that weekend lol.

Excited that I will finally have a place for Ella :) it makes me feel a little more prepared!

Hi Tasha that's too cute!! And she's so teeny herself ok
Amazed she gets it. I don't think my dd got it last time when she was 2 but bow she totally gets it. I had a borderline low placenta at my 20 week scan but by 28 weeks it was totally out of the way. I'm still having 4 weekly growth scans though so they'll keep an eye on it. Breech is also v normal. I had a scan at bang on 28 weeks and baby was head down back to my tummy like a perfect birth position. The next day I had my cardiac scan and it's head was up in my ribs to yhe side and feed down below so they can definitely flip!! The only interesting thing is I did yoga the mirning of the first scan but not the second.
I did my first proper session of preggie yoga last night and we were doing loads with the birth balls and it was great. The teacher has videos online of how to turn a breech baby and loads of exercises for getting baby into optimal birth position so if you're interested I'll send you some links. She said not to worry til after 34 weeks and later with 2nd or subsequent baby's. The birth balls are great though xx

Akn that's amazing news!! :happydance: I think you'll def need to get the movers to do all the work though but you'll have an amazing new house with the new baby! Hurrah!! We're desperately trying to get a kitchen fitted including floors appliances etc and oh is dragging his heels a bit. We went in for a quite yesteday (about the 7th!!!) and oh was saying we needed it fitting March time so I raised my eyebrows and said 'the sooner the better' the fitter said when are you due and I said end of March and she laughed!! Our fitters want to get in before the end of feb thank goodness!! I don't think they get how tiring it is being pregnant. I start mat leave at 37 weeks and he keeps thinking of jobs I can do when I stop work, decorating, sorting the garage etc. Erm no chance!! I booked a cleaner in yesterday so I'm feeling organised :)

Yay akn! How exciting, make sure you don't do a thing during the move except supervise.

Tasha lovely to hear from you, so cute about your DD. We're going to have some lovely big brother/sister moments when our babies are here. I have a scan on the 9th of March to check my placenta is up out of the way, not too worried though. I've seen a lot of recommendations for a website called spinning babies which is supposed to have some good advice for getting baby into the correct position, I haven't checked it out yet though.

I have a drs appointment this morning about my pelvic and hip pain, a woman at playgroup told me she got a maternity belt on prescription when she had the same problem so that will save me some money. I also found a thing on Pinterest which shows you how to use a moby wrap as a bump support so I might try that today.

Akn: fantastic news about the house!

Tasha: nice to hear from you. Glad everything is ok. Your dd is so funny! May I ask, are you French? (Cause I am!)

Munchkin: ha! Men! They're taking so easy! They just don't realise, do they?!

So glad I went to the dr, she was so lovely and reassuring. She's said for now going to my yoga classes and taking it easy should be enough, but if it gets worse she'll refer me for physio. She said she reckons it may even settle down as I'm aware of it early and can compensate and do my yoga exercises.

Munchkin I can't imagine having a kitchen fitted so close to my due date, glad they said by the end of February instead. My MIL told me how they moved house while she was in hospital after having OHs little brother, that would have driven me mad!

Sorry I've been MIA ladies---been reading, but I'm too exhausted to post! Anyone else having shortness of breath? It's becoming worse by the day. I never had anything like this with my first so it's a little alarming.

Congrats on the house aknqtpie! We're just moved in and starting some renos soon. Good times.

I am always out of breath when I walk up stairs.. I can't wait to be able to build my cardio back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->