April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

That's what I figured lol so interesting the different terms for things!

I looked into it Munchkin because I didn't know either. Apparently they hope both are head down and the lower one engages. After the first one delivers you sometimes get a little break and then contractions start again. If the second one isn't head down it can sometimes be manually turned, sometimes it is delivered breech, or you might end up needing a c-section.

Hey ladies! Sounds like we are all ready to get these babies out of us. Baby girl likes to hang out in my rib cage :-/ not a whole lot to update here. They decided to do a growth scan on the 4th since I'm still measuring big, and they thought they heard a slight heart arrhythmia. The Dr isn't concerned, she said its normal, and usually goes away by birth. But they want to check it out anyways.

We got to go do our home inspection of the house on Friday. Can't wait to move in!

Hey akn. Great news about your house. How long have you been measuring big for? Im having growth scans this time because my dd was a bit small. I find them very reassuring, they check the umbilical cord flow and everything. I dont think I could've coped this time with no scan after 20 weeks.

We're having lots of fun here. Our kitchen which is the main room of the house has been gutted down to bare concrete. Our 'kitchen' is now a table with a kettle and microwave on it in our book room. They're fitting the new kitchen next weekend so we've got a week of rubbish ness!! Also I've just realised we've run out of heating oil so we have no heating :( oh is still asleep, hardly dare tell him with all the expenses going out at the moment. I can't phone to make a new order til 8 and goodness knows when they'll deliver. Brrrr!

Mowat they have specific yoga positions and stuff to try too if one isn't head down before hand in order to get them both head down! You said you are intending to hire a Doula?

Akn yay for being able to move soon! I'm glad your Drs are checking the arrhythmia even if they aren't concerned, better not to assume, you know?
Do they mean your belly is measuring big or baby girl is?

Goodness Munchkin, no fun having your house torn apart, but I'm sure it'll be worth it to have a new kitchen! Hopefully you can get your heating oil soon!

AFM, we did a 3D ultrasound on Saturday...Katie is still head down but she has her back to mine with her knees right under my ribs which explains why it hurts so much when she moves! A little worried about the back to back thing. Woke up to water diarrhea this morning. I just really don't feel we're going to make it to April!

I dont think ill make it to April either. Go to my Dr tomorrow which I'm dreading since my Bp is higher my swelling is more and I'm dehydrated. I am just a miserable person now a days

Yes, we've hired a doula Stillpraying. I found the actual delivery kind of confusing last time so I figured a doula might be able to help with that. My DH wasn't super helpful either, so hopefully the doula will be better than him!

Painter is almost done in last two bedrooms upstairs. Tiler cancelled coming today and won't be in until Monday. The chaos continues at our house! So worth it though.

Sorry to hear about the diarrhea Still. I'm feeling a little better since I stopped work, but I'm still crazy swollen and out of breath.

My belly is measuring big. But she has measured big at the three u/s I have had up until this point. She just had a big growth spurt between 24-28 weeks.. and then stayed consistently big at my 31 week check up. My DH was a big baby, so I am thinking that is the issue... but hey, it's an excuse that is "medically necessary" to view the baby. So i am happy.

I am planning on working up until I go into labor, although if I make it to 40 weeks, I might re-evaluate that. I am exhausted and my memory is starting to go lol.

Hoping - I hope baby stays baking a little longer!!

Mowat - Yay for getting rooms painted. I am glad we don't have to do any painting.. I hate painting!

Hi ladies, we can say we're having our babies next month now!

How are you all? I went to a nearly new sale yesterday and got a couple of bits and I also ordered some more bits off h&m because they've just had some really cute newborn clothes in. I've got to that point where everyone's saying how close I'm getting to meeting baby but I still feel like I've got ages to wait.

I know! I just realised that this morning! Scary! Isn't it?
I actually will be 37 weeks (and you too!!) on the 31st!
I'm still planning things. Lots of stuff I still need to do!!! I just have a few clothes to wash now, most of it is done.
I've got to buy baby toiletries, I'm buying them from France, so I really need to make a move because I don't know how long the delivery will take. And I haven't bought anything for the hospital yet (btw homebirth is out of question now, dh is just not comfortable with it at all, so it will hopefully be the birth centre). And I just need a few more newborn clothes like vests and socks! Funnily I haven't got any socks! Haha!

I received my changing bag too! I love it so so much! Ho and I also have to wash my nappies!

Seems like we're all getting close now!

Our painter finally left on Wednesday so we got the baby room put together a little bit. I got some clothes washed and put away. Just need to wash diapers and a few other things. 34 weeks today. Anyone think they're going to go early?

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow!!! Can't believe it. Still on the massive kitchen project and because of delays the floor and possibly the cooker (!?!) won't be in til the 25th March so I for one had better not go early. I knew of be late with dd and she was 14 days late. This one i 'think' I'll be late but hopefully about a week to give me time to nest after the kitchens finished. I'm just sorting baby clothes now, I've been quite strsssed about not being ready but now I'm just accepting things wknt be ready weeks before baby is here :(

I'm waiting until after my scan which is a week tomorrow before I start thinking about hospital bag and home birth box. I'll wash all the baby clothes and blankets when I've got nearer to the bottom of my normal laundry basket! Hopefully my co sleeper cot will arrive this week.

I reckon I'll go a bit early like I did with DS but really who knows?!

Munchkin I can't believe you're already 36 weeks!

Munchkin: You'd better not stress about it. Hopefully everything will fall into place at the right time.

Button: my laundry basket is a never ending story, I never get to the bottom of it! Lol!

I wanna go early!!!! Pick me pick me!! Everything is ready. My ribs cant take much more. I start getting checked tuesday

Oh the ribs! I feel your pain!

We're having our wood stove moved tomorrow and then the tiler is coming to work on floors on Tuesday. I'd love to get some more renos done before the babies come, but I'm ready to deal with a half-finished house. Really, who doesn't love partially removed wall paper border, weird brown trim, and toothpaste green paint!

Mowat just tell people it's the look you're going for!

Hoping what do you get checked for? Is it your cervix and dilation?

Ummi mine's the same, I have to ask OH to skip the gym now and again to give me a chance to catch up!

yes my cervix and dilation. i pray i am something. I was up all night with a bad back ache and pain in my pelvis! i got about an hour of sleep and when i was sleeping i had a bad dream. I am at work now and i need a sign that says dont speak to the pregnant chick or comment on how she looks miserable. Thanks!

Poor you, I hope things show signs of progressing. We don't get checked here until we're actually in labour.

I had my cervix checked at my last appointment and it was still closed and high (33 weeks). Doctors want me to go to 35 weeks, but the surgeon said 36. I'm hoping for a little over 37 as my mom will have arrived to help with DS and the dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->