April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

She is perfect Still! Congratulations! She is our first rainbow, welcome into the world.
Sorry that was so difficult to say the least. But I'm glad you're both of now. Take it easy hun and try and get some rest. Thinking of you.

hoping: thinking of you too. Hope you're okay now. Put your feet up too!

Munchkin: glad you had a better day. Enjoy those moments.

Thanks button, you just reminded me that I need to prepare a bag for the kids too! It slept my mind!

.owat: happy 37 weeks! Hope you are OK.

Congratulations Still! Amazing news! Sorry the delivery wasn't everything you had hoped, but your daughter is so worth it!

I had an appointment today and everything seems to be fine still. The doctor suggested doing a sweep at next weeks appointment, but I'm not sure what to say. Is there any rush? I have an ultrasound booked for Monday and then see the doctor the next day so I guess we'll know more about position, etc. Had a nap this afternoon so I'm a bit less "moan-y" now!

Wow still. What a birth! But you are both here safe and well(ish) thanks to the wonders of modern medicine. She is so beautiful and so lucky to have you as her mummy too. I will avoid the full birth story for now because I'm still rather terrified for my own but you need to rest as much as you can and build your strength back up. Is she feeding ok and sleeping a bit? She's such a titch I imagine that's all gonna be a bit trickier too?? Keep chatting to us when you get a min. I'll put our first glorious rainbow on the front page :) xxx

Congratulations stillpraying! She's gorgeous. Sorry you had a rough time but at least she's here now and you can focus on recovering and having lovely snuggles with beautiful little Katie.

Hoping glad your bp went down, look after yourself.

Mowat don't go for the sweep if you're not ready,

Grr I'm back to being a grumpy moaner this morning :( I was in a good mood last night so went to see my friend then came back and chatted to oh til 11pm!!!! (Hardcore eh?!?) then dd woke me up at 3 and I couldn't get back to sleep til 5 so I went in the spare room hoping she'd get oh up in the morning instead of me. She woke up at 6.30 walking round screaming so I asked where daddy was and she said she couldn't find him so he'd blatantly just ignored her thinking I'll just deal with her so then I couldn't get back to sleep, he's full of the joys of spring and I'm going to be a big grump all day yet again!! Hope I can make him truly miserable too :(

Oh no munchkin, that is a rough night. We seem to be taking turns, I had an ok night last night, just woke up properly once with an achy leg where I'd been asleep on one side the whole time.

Munchkin I almost pooped my pants at the store today!!!!!!! I had to run run to the bathroom

Button I think it was you asking about essential oils? I'm trying clary sage and lavendar. Good relaxing oils, should'nt be used before full term though as they can induce labour. I'm going to use them whilst listening to me hypnobirthing stuff so I have an association with the smell then use them in the pool during labour.
Or I'll just run in screaming for the pethadine and forget about all of it ;) xxx

Mowat I know twins are usually early so you've done amazingly well getting as far as you have. I don't know if there's a medical reason to induce but if not, don't go for the sweep unless you're ready xxx

Munchkin:lol! I want a peaceful birth too, but I know I'll take pain relief if I feel I need it! Haha!

Mowat: if you and your babies are OK so far, why would they want to do a sweep now? It's still good for them to stay baking a little longer. Isn't it? You may want to ask for a second opinion.
And yay! For going that far! How are you feeling?

Hoping: thinking of you. Keep us posted when you can.

still: I hope you are recovering well and baby is doing fine.

afm: just started rlt yesterday, 1 cup a day. I'll increase to 2 next week, but with my sickness still here I hope I'll handle it well. I bought the tablets too, so I don't have to drink too many cups. I love the taste, but can't drink too much of any kind of tea.

Congratulations Still! Sorry that you didn't have a great birth, but I hope you are resting and recovering well and can enjoy you beautiful daughter :)

Hmmm, suffering today. Maybe I will consider that sweep next week. Feels like cheating though and I'm worried I'll regret it. Guess I've got a few days to think about it. My doula said sex is just as good at bringing on labour as having a sweep. DOn't know which sounds more appealing at the moment!

Sex does not sound appealing to me at alllllllll!!! I would go for the sweep you will be 37 weeks and that is great for twins. In the us people are lucky to go past 35 with twins.

I just feel like being on bed rest is gonna make the days go by sooooo much slower

Eurgh not good! Mowat I really think you've done amazingly to get this far. Have you had growth scans recently? How are they getting on? You've made no fuss at all about carrying TWO babies and we're all going mental with 1!! Follow your instincts and if you feel you're ready go for it but I seem to be having good days and bad days. One day I'll feel like I've just got to get baby out NOW! I can't go on any longer. And he next I'm just praying it holds on so I can get more organised. I definitely wouldn't have sex though, I think that's beyond the call of duty!!
Hoping I'm sorry about the bed rest :( are you being looked after well and got some company? Have you got DVDs? Can you lie on the sofa instead?? I moan about not getting enough bed time but I think I'd go a bit crazy with proper bed rest.

Thanks Munchkin. I've got lavender, I'll pick up some clary sage as well.

Fingers crossed the days don't go too slowly for you Hoping.

I can only lay on the couch my bed hates pregnant me. Too soft. The bad thing is since I have been on half bed rest since 32 weeks I have seen everything on tv!!

Poor you hoping :( you must be bored to tears. Have you tried downloading some birth hypnosis or relaxation tracks? Something to do! Or could you knit or sew something?? Write a diary?? A letter to you rainbow they could read when they're older? Have you got any audio books? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->