April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

I'm gonna watch some lifetime movies for now. I'm so munchkin but they are talking about induction next week so if you wanna go before me you got a week haha

Darn it hoping!!! No I'm really relieved for uou because you're having such a rubbish time. I'm essentially fine, just tired out so even if they offered my induction now if try hard to avoid it for a few weeks at least.

I have a feeling Ella is going to hang on as long as possible. I hurt everywhere... and just want to sleep!!!

I think I'll be with you akn. I keep getting pains and twinges but I suspect baby is very comfy in there!!

I've wanted a nap since I got up this morning. Shame DS doesn't nap any more.

Unless they actually induce me hes gonna be around for the long run. My sister is going out of town this weekend and she has to be here when I deliver I just need her so I got cross my legs all weekend. Its for my nephews boy scouts so I don't want her to have to rush home. Then next week is my birthday and I realm really don't want a April fools baby

Good plan. DSs preschool only does September intake and I wanted to wait for his free hours so he doesn't start until September. On the plus side it's 2 weeks today until OH finishes work and he's not going back until at least 2 weeks after she's born so I kind of get a maternity leave because he can take DS to play groups.

Sounds like induction is pretty likely after all you've been through Hoping.

Hoping my birthday is the 30th - my official due date. I really would rather not have a baby on my burthday, it'll steal all my birthday thunder every year!!
Button dd is now doing her free hours only so 1-6 3 days a week. Need to remember uk book her in over the Easter holidays else that'll be terrible timing!! I couldn't cope with her home all the time though, we'd drive each other crazy quite quickly!!

Luckily I have a play group on most days that I can take DS to, he's got quite independent as well and I can sit and have a cup of tea and a chat while he plays otherwise he would drive me crazy.

I want her to be born on the Aries side of April rather than the Taurus side.. my mom is a Taurus.. and wants her born on her birthday.. the 27th..

I am working full time up until 40 weeks or I give birth... which ever comes sooner.. so no naps for me :(

I am a Aries march 26 but the boyfriend sister best friend are all Taurus. I wanted to work up to the end but I just couldn't even sitting down for almost 2 days my ankles are still tree trunks!! The boyfriends liking bedrest since he gets bacon and eggs in the morning

Well this one will defibitely be Aries now. I'm not going past the middle of April that's for sure! I'm an Aries and my sisters partner, best friend and her fiancé are all Aries. Aries people rock!! My grandma was a Taurus and I didn't like her so I'm a bit biased.
Hoping how does the bacon and eggs thing work?? Who's cooking that?!?
Akn so sorry you're having to work so late, seems very unfair. I know a few people in the uk that have done that but it's rare. Most I know stop by 37 weeks. I'm not a swollen ankles sort of pregnant woman but this time even I was getting them from sitting at a desk, and I was only working 3 days a week.

How long are you all having off once baby is born? Will you go back full or part time? I don't know how long I'll stay off. I had about 14 months off after dd was born then went back 2-3 days a week. I'm freelance so there's no compulsion to go bavk after a certain time and I'd quite like to see dd settled in school before she has to start going to a childminder after school until I get home, which will probably be 7pm :( I might even have a change of jobs. I know a few people that teach at uni's or colleges so I might try and get some workshop or lecturing work that would be more daytime.

The bacon and eggs I cook. Hes been cooking dinner so I don't mind. That's what I am up doing right now. In the us we only have job security for 6 weeks 8 at the max.

It is rubbish. For a civilised country the US is very uncivilised at times!!

I'm at home with DS anyway and won't go back until they're both in school as it's not worth it financially for me and I wouldn't see them in the week what with the hours and the commute. When number 2 is in pre school I'll consider what I want to do and either do some free lance work or a qualification to do something different like teaching.

Yeah its dumb. Mine is all unpaid too. My doctors office isn't big enough to pay or use family medical leave act which will pay up to 12 weeks. My boyfriend works for the state and since we aren't married they don't see why he needs to take any time off. This is our 1st so I want him off for a week. He has plenty of vacation time. Even though we aren't married its still his child!

That's pathetic. My oh is self employed but we're not married so if he had a 'proper' job he'd get paternity leave. My sister and her partner aren't married and they've had 2 babies in 15 months. Each time, she got 9 months off, mostly paid and he got 2 weeks paternity at the start then took 3 months unpaid after she went to work. I'm freelance so I only get statutory but that's 90% pay for 6 weeks then the rest of the 9 months at £138 a week. I honestly think that's pretty fair and it's the bare minimum you can get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->