April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Hoping are you on sick leave now or is this part of your 6-8 weeks?

It's my choice to work that late, I could have said I am done at 37 weeks, and just been done. But since I only get so much paid leave, I figured the more time I work, the more leave I will have to use. Short term disability is only about half of my monthly income, so I don't want to depend on that too long. I will be heading back to work on July 6, no matter how early or late she gets here. My sister in law will be watching Ella during the day while I am at work, and she will be out of town at her sisters (who is also due around the same time as me), until the last week of June.. so I want some transition time with her and Ella before I go back to work.

I am lucky that my work is flexible though, and if there are times I need to bring her in, or work from home, they will work with me.. which is nice. It's the good thing about working in a small office. Especially one with really no turnover, and the only new employees are because our office is just getting bigger and we need more support.

Getting to move this weekend!! We closed yesterday, and waiting for the house to record this morning so we can get the keys :) Hoping to hold on until after my maternity pictures, which I am putting off until 37 weeks lol... Still haven't packed my birth bag.

Yay for closing on your house akn. I'm sorting out my hospital bag and home birth stuff this weekend, OH is getting nervous that I'll go early and he'll have to find everything!

Yeah well done akn! That's fab news. And great news about work being so flexible. I really am so lucky just to be able to choose when/whether to go back. Sounds like your sister is fab though x

Congrats on the house! Yup, I understand denial!

I tried to pack a bag yesterday since I did it last time after my waters had broken and I was trying to leave for the hospital. So far I have a nightgown, bathrobe and a tank top. Hmmm, maybe I'd better try again tomorrow.

I'm starting to feel fairly organised now compared to you lot!! Hospital bags are just about packed, I've spent the last few days washing slings and nappies. I'm onto the second size nappies now after freakibg out about my massive 90th centile baby that'll basically be a baby elephant!!

Yes I think you're putting us all to shame Munchkin. I hate packing but I'm going to get it done today.

I'm busy buying the last few bits for my bag too. Should be over this week.
I finished with the nappies last week already, but I'm going to take disposable for the hospital.

I've mostly finished packing my hospital bag. Just have to wash my dressing gown and a blanket and swaddle blanket to go in there. I've put snacks for labour on my next shopping list but they'll go in a seperate bag because I'll need them for my home birth.

I also have most of the stuff for my home birth together, just need to wash some blankets, and I've made a start on DSs bag.

See Munchkin, you're a good influence on us!

Mowat: Loool! !!

button: well done!

I received some parcels yesterday, but the postman did not leave a note. I only realised this morning when I tracked it on the Internet but the post office they're at is closed today. So that will have to wait until Monday. I'm slightly gutted, I was so excited about them.

Not yet. Thinking of doing when I go to bed, but forgets it in the morning. I'm useless this pregnancy. The two previous I had everything ready at this stage and was just waiting for Babba to make an appearance.
I guess being busy now with the last bits will make the time go by faster.

Being kept awake by braxton hicks contractions at the moment, never had them before. I'm blaming OH as we DTD before I started getting them. Now I'm sat here worried about premature labour and baby has hiccups!

I had loadsof them with ds2 and 2 or 3 false alarms when Ireally thought I was going to give birth. And then he was overdue!
Try not to worry. You'll be ok.

I didn't know I was having them until I was at the hospital the other day and the lady told me. I thought it was the baby sticking his butt out and that's why it hurt a little bit. IV been having a few painful contractions the last few days but nothing else!!! Ugh I need him to come out hes tricking me!

I refuse to do a birth plan. I work at the local hospital and it seems everyone that has an extensive birth plan ends up needing a c-section! Just a coincidence, I know, but I told my doula and she laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->