April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Wow Ummi that's a bit of a suprise. It'll be nice to have a date fixed though.

Indeed! I'm the first to be surprised. I'll make a list and ask all my questions on Monday.

Wow Ummi! Glad to have an explanation for the sickness I guess. Why didn't they find this before?

Going in for another non-stress test again tomorrow. The doctor left a message today that she's going to meet me at the hospital to do a sweep. Think I'm ready mentally now!

Everyone is gonna have their babies before me!! Went to wedding and danced and stood for 4 hours. One painful contraction that's it. Came home n dtd and still nothing.

Why do females insist on sharing all of their birth stories to pregnant women?? Especially the bad ones?? I heard all kinds of stories tonight!!

Very exciting Mowat! I hope the sweep does the trick! Hehe!

I think in my case they just couldn't be bothered to take me seriously when I was saying I was sick. Even when I arrived at the triage, the mw was like: "but you know a lot of women are sick throughout their pregnancy", as if I hadn't realised!

Anyway, whatever happens, it's getting closer for us! Each day that passes is a day closer to see our rainbow(s).

Sorry about the birth stories hoping. You too, you'll get there. Give it a bit more time. Dancing and dtd is really good, at least it makes you pass the time. Stay positive!

Hoping I do tend to keep my mouth shut about my birth unless it's someone whys already been through it cos there's no need to scare the hell out of people but I find once you get women (including me!) started they will talk and talk about their births because they are often so traumatised they just want to work through it! I figure though that if mummy and baby are both safe, its a good birth. The girl in my antenatal class that was most terrified and freaked out by labour had the most positive birth experiences of all of us in the end!! Also I've done it and on paper it was pretty bad but I'm choosing to do it again despite being offered a c section and honestly I'm quite excited so it can't all be bad!!

No babies for me today. Boo! Dr attempted a sweep, but cervix was barely open. She did say it was softening and shortening though. Took another long walk/waddle today so I hope that helps. Have to go in again on Wednesday and the gynaecologist will do an assessment and give me some options. Really hope I can go naturally before that.

Mowat you're defibitely keeping those babies comfy in there. How are you feeling? I suppose if you're not too uncomfortable there's no harm in just letting them stay for a bit longer. If you're really desperate you could try reflexology? I'll be doing that, just can't decide when!! Got my sweep on Wednesday and last time my midwife refused to do a 4th sweep when I was having a breakdown because I'd just had reflexology and are said it can stop the reflexology working??

I had a rubbish nights sleep last night and every time I woke up my bump was really hard so I'm wondering if it was that waking me up??! I also started a thread in 3rd tri about induction because I'm now 11 days off induction officially. It still sounds horrid and far too many end in c section for my liking. I have a friend who's due today and she's been in since Thursday being unsuccessfully induced because she's an older mother. Really doesn't sound like a great way to start your birth experience :( they've told me they'll induce at 11 days over but I think I'll push it to 14 as my daughter came naturally the 14th day over with no induction so I'd like to give baby a chance again. Won't dare go over 14 days though because I think it's far too risky. Its my birthday tomorrow and I've gig a cleaner coming in on Wednesday to sort the dust mountain from all the building work, and I've got a sweep that morning so I'll be praying that works!!

You've still got time Munchkin. Hopefully you won't get as far as needing to be induced. The sweep could easily do the trick.

Yeah I'm not massively confident after having 3 last time and none of them doing anything!!

I feel exactly the same as you about induction munchkin. I'm so scared it is going to take ages and/or end up in a c-section. Labouring at home is so much easier. I'm secretly hoping baby will come by herself before that because they won't let me go past 38 weeks.

Munchkin I was induced and didn't have to get a c-section. It's really about how close your body is to going into labor, like how ready. I'd start the reflexology. Are you going to use EPO?

And I'm also going to ask for a sweep, just in case it might help baby come naturally. I'll see what they tell me.

Hi Still! How are you doing with baby Katie?

Oh, yes EPO, I might give it a try... Need to buy some though.

Hey still how's it going? How are the nipples?? Yes I know it CAN be ok but I've heard such rubbish stories. Baby is in an awesome position, last week the midwife could only feel 1/5th of the head so hope that would help but I still wouldn't get my waterbirth :( are you girls taking EPO orally or the other way?? I tried the other way last time and it was tricky!! What dose are uou taking? I've not tried anything yet, not even raspberry leaf tea. I suspect it's time to get cracking!!

I started using epo at 36 weeks both ways. I gave up after 3 weeks of it doin nothing for me. I'm going to the Cajun festival today so lets try walking around again. I'm going to try and be induced on my due date instead of at 41 weeks. I have your same fears but I also fear if he gets much bigger ill have a c section too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->