April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Not feeling too bad really, all things considered. Had a two hour nap today which always helps! Ate pineapple, drank red raspberry leaf tea and had sex so hopefully we'll have some progress by Wednesday! Might have to look into reflexology.

I wish I knew what a actual contraction felt like. I have had a few painful ones in the last week but for the past few hours IV had a pain in my stomach. Not like before just enough to know something is happening. Is this early labor or me going crazy

Fingers crossed it's the start of something for you Hoping.

A two hour nap sounds lovely Mowat!

I've had such a stressful couple of days, tomorrow I'm 37 weeks and if I go into labour before 37 weeks I'll have to go into hospital and not have my home birth. I've been on edge all day today worrying that my waters will go, even though I know they probably won't. I have 6.5 hours to go until I can relax and know that I'll be able to stay at home. This has been worse than any TWW.

Sit den and cross your legs for six hours you got this!!!! Nothing happening here

I'll probably be two weeks overdue after all this worry! How are you holding out Hoping?

Hes just hanging out in there. False labor all night! I go to my appointment tomorrow and hopefully I'm dilated enough to induce on my due date instead of 41 weeks

Good luck for your appointment today Hoping. You've done so well to get this far.

I made it! 37 weeks today for me, Ummi and akn. That means we're all full term and just waiting for our babies now. Can't believe I'm actually going to have a baby yet but at least I can stop being anxious about losing out on my home birth.

Hoping: you're getting there!

Munchkin?? Where are you?

Mowat: hope you're ok. How are those twins doing?

Yay! Button! Can't wait to hear about your home birth now!

We finally made it to 37 weeks! We were the last 3!

Afm: went to see the consultant yesterday, and no induction for me (well not yet and not at 38w!!) yay!!
I'll come back later and explain the full story!!! Buy I'm relieved for now and wanted to share!

Hey ladies!! Yay for ummi, button and akn! Are you really the last to get to 37 weeks?? That means we've only had 1 pre term baby?? Yay button for your home birth and ummi for not getting induced yet. Why will they induce you early possibly??
Hoping - good luck for your apointment. Hope they get you in on Wednesday xx

Well I'm officially overdue today! Not overly surprised. Everyone said I'd be early with this one but hey ho!! It was my birthday yesterday and we had a fab day. Oh was off and we went for brunch, then the inlaws came with cake then we went to the cinema whilst dd was in nursery and then more food!! I felt thoroughly spoilt. It's chucking it down here today and possibly even snow so it's a day to stay holed up attempting again to do some tidying. I'm starting to get really paranoid about movements now, I think baby's position changed yesterday and my bump keeps going so hard it's masking movements. Trying not to get too stressed but keep thinking about still birth and torn between holding out for my waterbirth or begging for induction :(

Baby obviously didn't want to steal your limelight Munchkin, glad you had nice birthday. Sounds like baby has turned the right way for birth. Hope baby shows up for you soon for your peace of mind.

Glad you had a good appointment Ummi.

At least you have a date set Hoping and baby could easily come before then.

Exactly what I wanted to say. You never know, baby might just come before that!

My update from yesterday, copied and pasted from my journal:

Sorry I was too tired to update on my appointment yesterday.

It actually went quite well. I saw my usual consultant, well, one I already saw previously, when the ones I saw on Monday and Friday last week were from a different team of consultants. So he did not understand either the reason why they would need to induce by 38 weeks since everything is fine with baby and I had normal deliveries before. Thank God! So he told me to stop the meds again and wait for baby to come on her own. I also have an appointment with the chief consultant from that same team that was following from the start (if that makes sense) on the 10th of April to make sure she's ok with that plan too. And anyway, in between baby might just be here!! I told the doctor that it was very confusing ti have different opinions like that and that they should agree between them first before talking to the patient. He said they were 2 different teams with different protocols.

Anyway, I can relax now and wait for baby to make her appearance now. (though I liked the idea of having a set date, but not the induction itself). I just need to prepare the last few bits, it's not much but seems to take me ages!!!

My doctors office also has new nurses. The one I keep getting keeps looking for the heartbeat on his butt....

Well it looks like we're all here for the long game this time!! Ummi I'm glad they sorted themselves out, why were they going to induce early anyway??

Hoping it probably doesn't help but I think you're better off waiting til your body is more ready for induction. A friend of mine was due on Sunday but they wanted to induce her last Thursday because of her age. She had everything thrown at her and her little boy was born via emergency c section this morning, 5 days after they started induction. Her body just wasn't ready. And if this helps at all, I won't be induced until at least the end of next week if not the Monday after so I'm sure you'll still go before me ;)

They wanted to induce because of my previous M/Cs. Which obviously they knew all along but has never been mentioned during my pregnancy before. And also she said that they did not want to risk it, baby being full term, she said she could come out from 38w. Simply because the last 2 docs I saw on Monday and Friday are from a different team with a different protocol than the team I usually see. It just doesn't make any sense. And as long as baby is fine in there, I'd rather she grows a bit stronger until she is ready (and me and my body are ready too) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->