***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

So girls, are hot dogs in or out? I'm talking nitrate free Hebrew National brand (no fillers, just good cuts of beef) and then fully heated through on my end before eating. Is there a certain temp it needs to be heated to to kill off Listeria? Don't want to risk it, but a dog sounds good right about now and we have a pack at home!

Also, am I the only one who can't seem to type a complete sentence without typos to save my life? I seriously have to go back and edit every single post I make here and I'm on my computer, not a mobile! Pregnancy brain kicking in already I guess!

I did it again with this post, typed the word safe insted of save!!! Ahhhh!!!!

My mother ate chili cheese dogs ALL throughout her pregnancy with me... and there was no such thing as nitrate free dogs. back in the 80s lol. And besides her liking was for the gas station chili dogs. It's a wonder I wasn't born with a hand on my head!!

Dogs are fine though, as long as you have the nitrate free ones. My friend had them a couple of times during her pregnancy.

Don't know about the Listeria. I think that if they are at 160 everything is killed anyway. That's what it should be for chicken and other meats, so I would think that dogs are the same.

YEY PINKSNOWBALL!! :D That's a lovely baby!

My little bean is still holding tight. hCG levels are on the up and up. Went from 104 to 208 in day and a half, so that's good. :D
Next DR appointment is next monday, and then if i am still on the rise, then it's on to my first ultrasound baby inspection. Things are getting quite exciting!

Congrats Casey! Boy your doc does so much more than mine and I'm in the US too! Very strange how diff. medical treatment can be. I basically got a pap and breast exam, no bloodtests at all, then an appt. for September, when they will later schedule first scan.... frustrating b/c I want to know more, but I am trying my best to be patient!

Congrats Casey! Boy your doc does so much more than mine and I'm in the US too! Very strange how diff. medical treatment can be. I basically got a pap and breast exam, no bloodtests at all, then an appt. for September, when they will later schedule first scan.... frustrating b/c I want to know more, but I am trying my best to be patient!

Well, it might be different just because I got pregnant with a fertility center. Cuz of my PCOS. :blush:

Sooooooo they probably want to monitor me more often just for assurance because PCOS sometimes runs the risk of higher miscarriages.... which I hate thinking about.

But, once i'm discharged (after they do an ultrasound to make sure baby is sticky), which will probably be in the beginning of sept, I will start seeing a regular OB and so things will be much different.

Hi Casey and congrats on the well rising numbers!!! I also am seeing my FS for the first several weeks of care. He's going to monitor me until the placenta takes over and the hormone phase of pregnancy is finished (around 9-10 weeks). Then it's over to my regular OB to be one of the masses.

Hi Casey and congrats on the well rising numbers!!! I also am seeing my FS for the first several weeks of care. He's going to monitor me until the placenta takes over and the hormone phase of pregnancy is finished (around 9-10 weeks). Then it's over to my regular OB to be one of the masses.

I think that mine will discharge me after 6 or 7 weeks. Not real clear on it though. Something about 2 weeks, ultrasound and discharge. :laugh2: I tend to forget things sometimes.

ive just made my announcement cards for my family from Alexander , pics are in my journal if anyone fancies a look x

Congrats Pinksnowball!!! So excited for you. Fun to see your scan too... looking GOOD!

Casey & Madcat - I'm going to be having a super happy baby, if that's the case w/ chocolate!!! I cut out coffee and tea, but the chocolate has to stay!

Me too! I even cut out decaf coffee so I can have more chocolate! I was on a "Eat for Life" diet before I got PG, trying to lose weight and get healthy then BAM! All I want is dove ice cream, biscuits and chicken!!!! Now I have been constipated (sorry if TMI) which might account for something but I've already gained 5lbs :shy: I'm pathetic!

oh my gosh I just go terrible news. I went to the doctors for another scan and they still cant see the baby. They said there is nothing. No Ges. sac or anything. Im so worried. They took my blood again to test my hCG level. Last week when we tested it it went from 520 on Wednesday to 2226 on Monday. The doctor is now calling my pregnancy a threatened miscarriage. I cant stop crying. I though by now at 5w5d they would see something. I have no idea how to calm down and just wait for the results. shouldn't they have found something? Any advice anyone?

no real advice hun just bug hugs and i hope everything works out for you! xxx

great news pinksnowball and fab scan pic xxx

lilaries, I am so sorry you are going through this. Normally at 5 1/2 weeks they can see at least a sac, but if you have a tilted uterus or your baby is in a particularily difficult spot to see then it is possible to miss it until 7 or 8 weeks. I'm glad they're continuing to monitor your hcg. If it is still rising at a good rate then chances are your baby is just a shy one.

Best of luck, I'm thinking of you :hugs:

oh my gosh I just go terrible news. I went to the doctors for another scan and they still cant see the baby. They said there is nothing. No Ges. sac or anything. Im so worried. They took my blood again to test my hCG level. Last week when we tested it it went from 520 on Wednesday to 2226 on Monday. The doctor is now calling my pregnancy a threatened miscarriage. I cant stop crying. I though by now at 5w5d they would see something. I have no idea how to calm down and just wait for the results. shouldn't they have found something? Any advice anyone?

I don't have an advice just lots of hugs :hugs:

I'm in the same boat as you, went for an u/s yesterday and they saw nothing at all. I'm suppose to be further along than you also. My hcg has been rising and doubling but we will see what the numbers say today. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Waiting is so hard!

Thanks girls. Im so nervous. They said that if my hCG levels have double at all then they want me to go to the hospital right away and have a better tech look and see if they can find the baby if not they are thinking that it might be an ectopic pregnancy. Would your hCG levels be around 2000 in an ectopic pregnancy or lower?

hi all and congrats to all new ladies! :flower:

lilaries- thinking of you- really hope it is just hiding like the other girls have said!

Charliemarina! So pleased to see you here my lovely!:hugs:

Seems that lots of us are having a tricky time atm. My spotting not as bad today- it seems pinker. My progesterone level has come back at 50.1 which they seemed pleased with. Any one know if thats a good result? They cant test my hcg because i'm having hcg injections.

xx

Oooh, I forgot I'm an April Sweet Pea. Hope everyone's ok. Love the announcement cards snowball :thumbup:xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->