***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

I don't think vegemite is US. DH said it was a nasty paste that is popular in Australia.

But marmite balls are what? Just yeast bread like balls? (i tried googling, haven't gotten anything substantial)

Okay being from the US I would really like to know what Salad Cream and Marmite are???

marmite - you either love it or hate it!! em, do you get twiglets?? they are coated in marmite - it's like a beefy kind of spread - help uk girls, no idea how to describe it!!

salad cream is just that, a runny kind of salad dressing, like a really thin, vinegary mayo...... and again, tha description was rubbish!! :haha:

Salad cream is a sort of vinegary sauce a bit like mayo. (Both are disgusting IMO!) Marmite is vegemite for US people I think.

Jeffsar I had no stretchmarks throughout my pregnancy til something like 36 weeks then overnight my stomach split everywhere. They were so painful too. I was MASSIVE at the end! I'm sure it's why my waters popped too early, he was only 6lb12.

i have no idea if i would have gotten or not - but the stuff is so nice so i'll go with it anyway. it was recommended to me by a herbalist, it's all natural, smells good and IMO seems to keep them at bay! i was huge to, all out front - can't imagine being like that again!

Can only describe marmite as a Beefy yeast extract... Sounds delish eh! :haha:
Glad I'm not the only one who has a strange new food addiction! I've gone completely off onions too. Yuck.

Ooh I think I'll be using bio oil for stretch marks unless I'm recommended anything else, preferably cheaper!

the only thing i craved last time was ice cubes - no idea why and not good for teeth!!

Ooh I think I'll be using bio oil for stretch marks unless I'm recommended anything else, preferably cheaper!

i swear by the clarins tonic oil, but the cheapest i can find it is £16.99.
if you want really cheap, my friend used extra virgin olive oil and has none......... x

Unfortunately there isnt a lot you can do about stretch marks - if you got them in puberty (or if you gain weight) you'll get them in pregnancy too

I have some friends who didn't get any stretch marks until after giving birth - that's harsh :D

I have been told that bio-oil is cheaper on amazon x

Has anyone started showing any bumps yet? Some of you are about to enter week 9!! :D

well, i definelty have a pot, but unsure whether it is real baby bump or food bump!! x

I bought bio-oil! but think its prob going to be more of a comfort thing to prevent itching than stretchmarks as got them pretty bad in puberty :(, theres always hope though!

Funny about the mention of marmite, haven't had it in years and it sounds very yummy right now! hehe. Though no food is going down very well at the moment! so looking forward to the end of 1st tri!

~No belly for me yet, but clothes def tighter and if wear tight clothes sickness seems to be worse from pressure on belly :shrug: weird!

So one craving I can't kick are tacos. I could go for hard shell tacos every day!

Also green olives and black olives. And pickles.

But god please don't give me any tomatoes (except for grape tomatoes). I feel sick even thinking about them.

sickness being worse with tight clothes seems reasonable. That's why i've been wearing skirts and yoga pants. Any pressure on belly makes me feel ill and brings the cramping on more.

yeah, though cramping now seems to have gone for me in the last few days after quite a lot of pain thurs/fri. So over this sicky feeling though! he he

Marmite is a vegetable and yeast extract. It's a very thick brown spread that is salty and chick full of b vitamins. I would say if you love food covered in a soy sauce like shoyu or tamari (not a sweet one) you'd probably like it. The beef one is bovril which is also used to make a hot drink the thought of which is enough to make me sick anytime! I prefer actual yeast extract, it has a nicer taste than marmite. I only use it dotted on toast, I don't understand people that can spread it thick like jam!

I had to wear maternity trousers to walk the dog today as my dog walking trousers, though they did fasten, were loads too tight! I feel like my bloat has gone so either it's the beginning of bump or I've really been overeating the past couple of weeks!

So this is a little embarressing :blush: but one of my breasts seem to be growing at a faster rate then the other. :(

So, I have one that hurts more and is bigger and one that hurts less and not as big.

All i'm saying is we will be having a long discussion if breast 2 doesn't get on the ball!

hehe peanut, I'm sure its the beginnings of a bump and maybe a little bit of bloat still there! :D xx

I've also heard that it could be all the organs being cramped up. So maybe that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->