***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

Had a fab day today, found out my best friend is only 6 weeks behind me! :D. Our managers going to flip but will be excellent to go on mat leave together!
QUOTE]

I tested the same day as a a friend/colleague, both of us got our :bfp:, she's already told our employers, so now i'm terrified of having to tell them next week, she's only eight days ahead of me though, so we will literally be starting maternity leave at the same time, it's only a small business, they are going to go nuts!! :wacko:

Hello all this thread just moves so fast i dont have the time to catch up properly

Hope everyone is ok & that some of us are starting to feel abit better now with things easing than worse

I have my booking in appointment with the MW in 10 mins for bloods & notes etc & then she will send off for my 12 week scan

Hope all is ok with you all

As an English woman, what on earth is an English muffin pizza?!

At a guess, muffins of the mcdonalds breakfast variety with tomato puree and toppings :shrug:?? Like I said just a guess, so would be intrigued to know!

You haven't had an English muffin pizza? Do you know what English muffins are? It's an English muffin with pizza toppings on it. Delicious! Waiting is right, it's like an Egg McMuffin muffin :haha:

Still spotting, yesterday was on and off between brown light spotting and red moderate spotting.

I actually called the on call nurse and she assured me it was all due to the sex and could last for up to 3 days afterwards. As long as it's not accompanied by severe cramping and backache or i don't start passing big bloody clots or the blood doesn't get as bad as I need to change pads every half hour I should be okay.

But, i still had a very stressful worrisome night. I feel better today though. Probably the hormones doing too. *sigh*

Sex was like the worst idea ever. I don't even know what came over me, i'm the one that insisted, and then it really hurt the whole time, but I insisted on continuing. :nope: I'm so stupid sometimes!!

Anywho, i'm hoping the spotting goes away soon, but i'm not to investigate the vaginal situation with q-tips anymore, per what DH has demanded, because he thinks the q-tips could be re-aggravating everything. So, i just have to sit back and hope. Poo!!

PS: English Muffin Pizzas sound AMAZING! :D

In England there are lots of different types if bread called muffin. It's a regional dialect word. Lol. It's so funny when other countries have things supposedly coming from somewhere else but really it's all made up.

Peanut-We had a whole thread going of girls from the US and girls from the UK and what different words we use for different things (lift=elevator, pram=stroller, etc). It was fun! I wonder where they got "English muffin" then?

Casey-Doesn't that sound sooooo good? I think I'm stopping at the store after work. By the time that comes around, I'll be sick again and not wanting any food.

AreIn83 I remember that thread fondly! I posted many things myself and was wondering about it just the other day when I was comparing specialty (US) with speciality (UK). lol

I seriously feel like someone has knocked my brains out. I've been in a haze all morning, and I feel VERY exhausted, but i'm trying to stay awake as long as I can.

Tried to eat some fruit and yogurt but it wasn't happening. Went with saltine crackers and water instead.

I've been on again off again sick since I woke up. Seriously this whole first trimester thing is starting to kick my butt and i don't even have it as bad as some of you ladies. Don't know how you girls do it!!

Ok- so according to Wikipedia- an English muffin is aka a hot muffin or a breakfast muffin. Then I put pizza sauce and cheese (and peperoni and olives and pinapple) on them and bake them until the cheese is melted and the muffin is crispy. DF had to run to a friends as soon as we got back from camping so that was something quick to make that I knew he'd LOVE. I was surprised that I got 4 down! (4 halfs). I'm thinking of bringing a couple to work with me this afternoon.

Casey- I'm sorry you're feeling horrible today. It will get better- I'm sure. I have some days that are just bad bad bad and other's that I feel great. It's hard to say what every day will be like- I just hope I'm getting to the end of it!

Had a fab day today, found out my best friend is only 6 weeks behind me! :D. Our managers going to flip but will be excellent to go on mat leave together!
QUOTE]

I tested the same day as a a friend/colleague, both of us got our :bfp:, she's already told our employers, so now i'm terrified of having to tell them next week, she's only eight days ahead of me though, so we will literally be starting maternity leave at the same time, it's only a small business, they are going to go nuts!! :wacko:

waiting_on_#3
I tested the same day as a a friend/colleague, both of us got our , she's already told our employers, so now i'm terrified of having to tell them next week, she's only eight days ahead of me though, so we will literally be starting maternity leave at the same time, it's only a small business, they are going to go nuts!!

Aww wow! bummer she told first though! they can';t really say anything, but I totally know what you mean as inside managers aren't gonna be impressed! our teams going to fall apart as losing us 2 for a year is 50% of the full time workforce! oops!

Ok- so according to Wikipedia- an English muffin is aka a hot muffin or a breakfast muffin. Then I put pizza sauce and cheese (and peperoni and olives and pinapple) on them and bake them until the cheese is melted and the muffin is crispy. DF had to run to a friends as soon as we got back from camping so that was something quick to make that I knew he'd LOVE. I was surprised that I got 4 down! (4 halfs). I'm thinking of bringing a couple to work with me this afternoon.

Casey- I'm sorry you're feeling horrible today. It will get better- I'm sure. I have some days that are just bad bad bad and other's that I feel great. It's hard to say what every day will be like- I just hope I'm getting to the end of it!

weird about the english muffins, never heard of the either :rofl:. Glad they're yummy though! xx

The one thing I learned today: English muffins are not, in fact, English. I feel like I've been decieved my entire life. :)

ive had some very slight spotting just pinky but got scan for tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"