***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

hey cottleson, hope it went well? fingers crossed for you.
good luck tomorrow snowball....will be thinking of you.

I was physically sick this morning for the first time, its only been nausea until today and I have to say I am not enjoting this new found pregnancy joy!!! also not loving the spots or greasy hair!

saw my mum today and she said they are planning on giving us a couple of hundred pounds towards a pram for us! so nice of them.

Welcome Harlley! :D

Eeeek scan tomorrow at 9.30 :D, hope I manage to get some sleep tonight! just over 14 hours to go, not that I'm counting or anything :blush:

Hope those that were feeling icky are now feeling a little better! I've noticed an improvement the last few days so long as I don't leave it to long to eat something :D xx

Hey ladies I did end up going to the ER from my back ache as they started moving to the front and feeling like contractions, I also had started spotting. I got to the Er feeling sure that all was over...and they were so wonderful and very positive for me. Basicall what is going on is my body is trying to pass the twin. So far my other baby is strong and was bouncing aroung and had a hb of 170. The other sac is gone and they believe that was the spotting but I never passed in clots or anything but they were very honest with me and that could still yet come. I was also dehydrated which of course didn't help the sitaution. I am now on bedrest and will be seeing my regular dr on friday and we will go from there. I have been thinking after this scare that I may need to find a dr closer to home as my dr is a hour or so away and the er I went to had to call him to see what action he wanted to take and there was talk of taking my by ambulance to Cape to the hospital he is out of. Luckily he told them to go ahead and do my bloods and a u/s and we would go from there. I was so scared about the u/s I just knew there was no hb and I was in tears when the tech turned on the sound and we heard the hb. Now its just prayers and hope that my uterous calms down and this pregnancy will continue. Sorry for the long post ladies.

Reeds I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I'm really happy that they were positive with you! It probably is just the twin and I'm sure baby A is doing just fine. Already proved to be a trooper! I hope you feel better and friday brings good news.

:hugs: Reedsgirl

Sounds like you're in good hands and baby A is thriving!!

So, ladies. I have a pretty interesting topic.

Has anyone heard of Orgasm Birth?? My friend was talking to me about it. It's about the husband and wife (or partner of any sorts) are together and the partner who ISNT having the baby stimulates the mommy-- and as the contractions progress i suppose the pain some how turns to pleasure, and then when the baby is being born and is birthed, the woman has a slow and long orgasm...

Another friend of mine said that it's extremely rare if it does work. But i was just wondering if any of you have heard about you and your thoughts.

Seems a bit exciting but strange to me. I don't know if I could turn off my pain threshold and convert it to pleasure... probably wouldn't work for me. lol

Hi ladies sorry for the late update... I'm still without Internet so using 3G on my phone!

Scan went really well, they'd just got a new machine in so I had an extra couple of people in there checking out the gear!
It meant they took the usual pics, did the measurements, checked bloodflow (little red and blue dots in the placenta and bubs) and got to hear the heartbeat and have a HD scan too!
Got a little kickboxer in there... Gonna be interesting when I start feeling movements!!

Cottleston that is GREAT news!
Casey that's interesting. I haven't heard of it... I don't think DF would be interested in trying though.

Casey I haven't heard of that either but after already having experienced labor 3x already I have and it being all natural I think having a Orgasm is the last thing on my mind. But it may work for some.

hi ladies just trying to keep up to date with the thread. Its so lovely that the scans are all starting were nearing the second tri. dont know about you but Im preparing to tell other family members and friends.

I did get a different due date at the er last nigtht. Its is april 12. I did change my ticker to it cause I like the thought of being closer to 2nd tri. LOL

My dh is laughing at me cause I changed it...I said that's 5 days closer to holding my baby in my arms.

That's what my response would have been! But DF would have been right there with me like "YOU MEAN THE BABY COMES SOONER?"
On an up note- we got back from his Dr appointment and he's having surgery on his shoulder in October to hopefully fix the rest of what's wrong! The Dr seems confident he can do it and DF is thrilled that he'll be able to go back to work before the baby comes (me too!!!!) and that he'll be recovered by then also!!!

I saw a tv special on orgasm birth awhile back and thought it was crazy but to each there own to get through the pain, I guess you enjoy the experience more!!

HA HA! I love you guys' responses!

My friend said that it's really rare if it works, so I don't think its a common practice.

It would be interesting to talk to someone who did have it work for them though. To see how they went about it. It's just a neat idea... but as an actual option for my labor.... i don't think so. Though i'm sure if I really wanted it DH would not detest.

OK I am a relative newbie on here, and was wondering.....

When you subscribe to a thread i.e) this one, I usually go to last page and find where I was last time I logged on and read from there, but if it is busy, it can take me a while to find it.

So, is there a quicker way of finding my last written post and going from there? Hope I make sense, and I am probably being dim here....!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->