***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

welcome minx and jaffa cake
happy third trimester cottleson, so nice to see some of the sweetpeas there already! only 8 days now til we see our LO for the firsst time, I am so excited!!! Just got the rota as well and confirmed I have the day of the scan off...in fact not workingg between now and then as I have annual leave this week which is good as it means when i next see work people i can tell them!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend, I have been really busy today and am very sleepy so gonna get a quick nap in before its time for x factor....dont want to fall asleep in that!!

i think you ment 2nd trimester?

Yeah, I was gonna say...3rd trimester for us already?! Wow! It is going faster than I thought, lol

Welcome Minx and Jaffa!

Cottleston, happy 13th week!!!! I can't wait to get to 13 wks, then I'll feel comfortable about announcing it on FB and to my extended family. That's so cute about Evie! Her full name with be Evelyn but I'll call her Evie until she does something bad! :winkwink: Will your little girl's full name be Evie or Evelyn?

Snowball, I hope this doesn't read mean, but how old is the dog Sophie? See, I'm not opposed to naming a child who's name use to be the pet's as long as the child and pet don't both come running when you call it! If you do have a girl, you could just rename the dog with something that sounds similar, it won't a difference to the dog. I call for Hannah the dog, and the other dog Nick will come running :shrug:

Morning all. We were team yellow last time but will find out this time. We'd like a girl but it is what it is. I'm sure Byron will be plenty happy with a brother.

I agree with Dana, there is absolutely nothing in symptom spotting for gender. The sickness is related to how the mum deals with the pregnancy and there's strong evidence it's related to the immune system.

Pinksnowball if I were you I'd change my dog's name and choose what I liked best for my child.

I puked while I was out walking the dog in the park yesterday. People stared, and one guy came over and asked if I was ok. It really was a spectacular puke-a-thon. My son then kept copying me - "Mama - BLEURGH! BLEURGH!" Not a great experience!!

Hey ladies! Had some spotting yesterday after straining too hard... Being constipated is horrid and I worried sooo much but it was gone by last night so I hope it's ok.

Really angry with my family at the moment. The announcement gathering has been cancelled because although my family all agreed to come, they ditched us to go to the football instead. So now I'm giving up on them (not rescheduling as we already did that twice to suit them) and will be telling them by text or letting them find out on facebook. They didn't show up for my birthday so it's not the first time they've shown they don't care.
Will be telling DHs family today though so I'm quite excited that it won't be a secret anymore :D

whoops yes of course i meant second trimester!!!!

havent been able to have a proper breakfast this morning because i feel too sick! hope it wears off soon because I need to do the food shopping and cant face doing it feeling sick again!

also have a huge headache this morning, i think i am coming down with a cold. have taken paracetamol but it's still there and cant take anything else!

hope everyone has a good day x

whoops yes of course i meant second trimester!!!!

havent been able to have a proper breakfast this morning because i feel too sick! hope it wears off soon because I need to do the food shopping and cant face doing it feeling sick again!

also have a huge headache this morning, i think i am coming down with a cold. have taken paracetamol but it's still there and cant take anything else!

hope everyone has a good day x

Hey Chocojen - I woke with a pounding head too - the vein on my left temple is swollen and throbbing and i know the only thing that would make it go away is ibuprofen as paracetamol does nothing - so I'll just have to grin and bear it :(

Also feel like i'm getting the lurgy - it's been going around my office - and due to open plan and air-con it spreads like wild fire!

ah well - moan, moan, moan :) xx

Ive had a headache for 2 days now all across my eyebrows. my friend is a few weeks ahead of me and she got the same things followed by not being able to sleep properly which ive noticed in the last few nights and she got bleeding gums to. so much to look forward to.

Were finding out would like a girl this time but as I have two boys im thinking it most probably will be another boy. But at least I know what im doing with boys Im hoping for a team pink though so we shall see in about 8 weeks.

Ive had a headache for 2 days now all across my eyebrows. my friend is a few weeks ahead of me and she got the same things followed by not being able to sleep properly which ive noticed in the last few nights and she got bleeding gums to. so much to look forward to.

Were finding out would like a girl this time but as I have two boys im thinking it most probably will be another boy. But at least I know what im doing with boys Im hoping for a team pink though so we shall see in about 8 weeks.

Oh yes - the bleeding gums - that's started too! I'm going to buy myself a supersoft bristled toothbrush, as i currently feel like i'm shredding my gums every time i brush!

Ive only had the bleeding gums the once but they felt quite tender after. I do need to invest in a soft bristle brush though.

Have you had the headaches nothing shifts it ive been putting vicks on my head as that seems to stop it for a little while but i cant go out with that smeared over my face lol

I had bleeding gums a couple of days ago so while I was doing well without retching I gave them the hardest scrub I could and they are much better now. If they bleed, brush them harder to get them clean and then they'll stop. :D I usually can't get a full clean as I end up retching once I get to my top back teeth. I have to do it in stages with the most retch-inducing teeth cleaned last so I've a chance at getting the rest clean. Constantly feel like I have bad breath though. :( It's all at the back of my throat. :sick:

Had my booking in appointment today. All fine. Have been told I will hardly be seen this time as it's my second. Ah well. Scan in three weeks-ish. :happydance:

Ive only had the bleeding gums the once but they felt quite tender after. I do need to invest in a soft bristle brush though.

Have you had the headaches nothing shifts it ive been putting vicks on my head as that seems to stop it for a little while but i cant go out with that smeared over my face lol

yep - headache just lingers - it sometimes fades a little, then comes back with a vengeance for no apparent reason - but is always just "there"

well mine is starting to subside, have drunk 1L of water, and taken two doses of paracetamol(not at the same time) and am starting to feel human again, so pleased I am not working this week though

Oh man, I hated those headaches that lasted for days, especially the ones that weren't painful enough for Tylenol, but just lingered.

The bleeding gums - Yup, that probably won't end even with a soft toothbrush. It'll help, but the bleeding gums will probably be there the entire pregnancy.

I'm so glad my nausea seems to be letting up more and more each day. I must be getting closer to the second trimester. Normally, I'd be paranoid with the nausea letting up but seeing the baby's heartbeat the other day was pretty reassuring. My nausea also started letting up around 9 weeks with my daughter. I'm completely convinced this is a girl.

I just wish my son would stop thinking it's appropriate to apply pressure to the same area that the baby is in, and stop trying to jump all over my stomach. That's the only thing making me paranoid right now.

Hope everyone is doing well! My ticker changed and baby M is now a lime..YAY! Oh and my appointment is a week from today, i cant wait! :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->