***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

smeej, positive vibes from dorset for you!

tasha, my best friend has twins and people had the same reaction to her, they are nearly 2 now and people still come up to her in shops etc and ask if they are twins, when she says yes they always say oh...double trouble. She normally replies with double the cuddles actually! OH is desperate to have twins having seen hers together they have so much fun playing together and make such a great team.

the headaches have continued today but just slept for an hour and seem a little better, if i still feel bad tomorrow gonna go to the doctors to see if he can prescribe anything other than paracetamol for them. so pleased i am on annual leave...i could not run an A&E department feeling like this, got 8 more days off so hoping that i am better by then

cami sorry missed your post, sorry to hear youve been in hospital glads you are feeling better xxx

smeej, positive vibes from dorset for you!

tasha, my best friend has twins and people had the same reaction to her, they are nearly 2 now and people still come up to her in shops etc and ask if they are twins, when she says yes they always say oh...double trouble. She normally replies with double the cuddles actually! OH is desperate to have twins having seen hers together they have so much fun playing together and make such a great team.

the headaches have continued today but just slept for an hour and seem a little better, if i still feel bad tomorrow gonna go to the doctors to see if he can prescribe anything other than paracetamol for them. so pleased i am on annual leave...i could not run an A&E department feeling like this, got 8 more days off so hoping that i am better by then

thanks chocojen - I am sitting at my desk squinting at the screen with yet another dreadful headache :( really unbearable - also think i'll need to get to the docs tomorrow to see if there's anything i can take
xx

YAY! So happy! The hospital phoned me this morning & left a voicemail. I was dead worried (thought something might be wrong with my bloods!) so rang them on my lunch. They wanted to offer me a scan for 3.30 tomorrow! Yay :)! By this time tomorrow I will know if everything is ok! x

My doppler isn't very good either, it's the angel sound one. The first time I used it at 10+5 it took me forever to find the heartbeat. Plus the gel that it came with was really messy and dried really fast. I tried it again at 12+1 and found it right away. Also used the good ultrasound gel (got on Amazon for $3) and it worked so much better and didn't dry out nearly as fast. I found hb right above hairline on the right side and it was so funny because as soon as I found it little one must have moved out of the way, don't think he/she appreciates it very much.

mine doesnt even use gel or anything I think it is rally made for later on it's a bebe sounds one... funny thing though if I turn it on and up and hold it out I can hear my neighbors talking really well

i actually found if i use ky jelly that works better than any other jel and cheaper too!

i've been feeling down a lot lately because nick isn't working. so much so that i have thoughts that it would be better if this baby wasn't coming. i've spent the morning in tears so i'm taking the day from work which all things considered is probably really dumb but i can't be at work an emotional wreck.

aww Dana sorry you are down.... I had that moment last night as my BF is not here he went back to his moms for a few days... I just don't know that he is going to be around much... but it is what it is and we will pull through girl you are strong and the hormones dont help with the emotions

I've been taking pics of my tummy since 6 weeks, have just had a look through them all and my tummy has been getting flatter every week! How is that possible?! I've done no exercise and although I've had m/s badly I've kept the majority of my food down. Beginning to wonder if I should be worried.

i don't think so. the baby is only 1.5 inches big so no bump doesn't really mean anything yet. if you're in 3rd trimester then i might worry, or just consider yourself lucky :p

It seems hearing from everyone else that my baby is being very active and definately making it's presence felt! This morning I was lying in bed and as I had quite a full bladder I could actually see and feel a hard lump on my right side and I could feel the movement! then later I had a loopy feeling and baby definately moved more to the left. I forgot how bizarre but lovely it feels knowing they're busy getting on with things in there...:)

Oh.... I want to feel my baby so badly... I think it will be a while still. I can tell which side it's on, but that's it really....

Am I crazy if I say I swear I feel movement? Not kicks, per se, but shifts and twitches and I know it's not gas. I can even feel a little lump on my right side. But only being 10 weeks tomorrow, I have to be crazy, right?

Got my combined test results this
Morning very happy!

Congrats Pinksnowball!! I am eagerly awaiting mine... won't get them until Friday at the earliest the doc said... so freaky. She did say my risk seemed low based on the NT exam alone, but that was not considering my age and blood work, so I am still on edge a bit. FXed for good news!!

Am I crazy if I say I swear I feel movement? Not kicks, per se, but shifts and twitches and I know it's not gas. I can even feel a little lump on my right side. But only being 10 weeks tomorrow, I have to be crazy, right?

I don't know... it seems a bit early, but I am no expert. I'm sure there are exceptions to everything. You are probably very tuned in to your body! I would be excited!

i think it helps if it's not ur first, you're a bit more in tune with it all!

:hugs: postive vibes, fingers and legs crossed for you and your family smej.

Cami, sorry about the hospital trip but glad you're home and found little one's hb, always amazing to hear. I have a doppler and what I do is use the stopwatch feature on my phone and I count the beats for 30 secs. I then multiply whatever I counted by 2 and if it's near 160 bpm then I know I've found little one's hb. Ours shoudl be around 90 at the max so they're pretty easy to tell apart.

Pinksnowball, so glad to hear about your positive test results!! May I ask where you're from? For snowball land I'm picturing Canada or Iceland but not so sure that I'm right!
I'm from North East UK x

Sorry for what you're going through Dana. This is a hard time, no matter how happy we are to be pregnant, some days it's just hard to imagine what our lives our going to be like 6 months from now. I hope having the day off allows you to relax and take care of yourself.

Cami, that is hilarious about hearing the neighbors, I love it! If I turn mine up too loud it just sounds like speaker interference or squealching, hurts the ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->