***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

Right, ive updated the due dates. Let me know if ive missed you off or got you wrong, had to go through bout 20 pages lol xxx

Ahh Dana -you'd be able to tell the difference between ours and babys heartbeat. My lo sounds like a train on tracks!! Keep positive : )

Great news on all your NT results and scans! I am getting so excited and still anxious for my scan on Monday,too! 9am so no waiting around that day, thank goodness.

I asked Dean for a 4d scan for a xmas present and he agreed - yay! Although I may get it before xmas. We find out the sex at around 20-22 weeks here at the anomoly scan, so I'll find out then and get them to confirm at the 4d one - yay!

By the way, anyone with a home doppler, when you listen to babys heartbeat, can you hear the amount of wriggling and kicking they do!? Mine goes nuts and kicks/punches like I am annoying him .. probably am! It always amazes me when you see the baby on a screen at the scan and you can't feel them but they bounce around so much!

great news cottleson
smeej thats a great picture definitely can see the face
jazzy also brilliant news

I have had a lovely day with my overexcited mother, really hope everything is ok next week or she is gonna be a wreck...possibly worse than me. In the past she has had extremely bad anxiety and depression (she has had electric convulsion therapy and is still on anti depressants). I really hope that all is ok because I worry that if it isnt it could have a really negative effect on her health. She is so well at the moment but she was like this in the run up to me sisters wedding and then when it was all over she took an overdose and was admitted back into a pyschiatric hospital. This worries me almost as much as the sonographer finding something on my belly!

Good morning ladies. I was supposed to have a dr. appointment this mornig but my midwife is in delivery and they wanted me to come back at 4. So frustrating because now I don't get to go until Tuesday. I woke up early to get ready for it but it got cancelled within 10 minutesof being up. So now I can't go back to sleep and I'm trying to clean the kitchen.

I forgot to mention how wonderful Miss Fox's 3d scan was! :D

Also, i've been dawdling on little things that we can look forward to soon.

I know some of you ladies have been talking about being able to feel the baby, and while i know i'm WAY too early to feel anything, my heart fluttered when I was holding the area where my uterus should be (just above the pubic mound) and I started feeling little gurgles and flutter, and I thought, OH GOD! Its my baby!!! And I was estatic, but it was short lived because then... (TMI) I pooted.... :dohh:

But it got me thinking how close some of us first timers are to feeling the "quickenings" and we are (if you are 10 weeks like me, if not minus or add) 8 weeks away!!! Quickening can begin as early as 18 weeks. For the momma's who already have babies, it can be several weeks sooner.

I'm so excited to feel my baby for the first time!!! I may cry! :cry: I'm such an emotional sap!

OH casey- you made me giggle!!! I was poking around my belly and could feel MY heart beating. Then I thought of how the u/s tech was jiggling to get baby to move and I thought... hmmm I wonder if I jiggle baby if I could, while focusing on it, feel it move? THen I figured that baby is probably sleeping and I should leave it alone.

Hi Dana.

If you time the heartbeat you'll be able to know for sure if it's you or the baby. Baby should be somewhere around 160 (a bit lower or higher is okay too). Your heartbeat should definitely not be over 90 when in a resting state, so that's enough of a difference to figure out which you're hearing.

What I do is find little one's heartbeat, then get out the stopwatch on my phone and start counting until the stopwatch hits 30 seconds. Multiply that number by 2 and if it's close to 160 then you have definitely found baby.

I also found it helpful to listen to You Tube videos of other people using the doppler so I knew what type of swoosh swoosh sound to listen for.

evening girls.

just had tell someone about my bargain today i know its early but i couldnt resist it i was looking on ebay for pushchairs and came across the pram i wanted (loola) at a dirt cheap start price it came with the carrycot carseat and footmuff so i watched it and got a little excited as its the pushchair i have been and looked at in mothercare and in the end i got it for £60 i was screaming with joy lol if i brought everything new it would cost more than £400 so i'm well chuffed.

wow amazing scans everyone, esp the 3d ones!

choco, try not to worry to much hun, fx'ed everything will be fine :hugs:

Laura that sounds like an amazing deal! :D

So i'm on :cloud9: tonight, my mum listened in and picked up bubbas heartbeat instantly, was between 154-164bmp :D

great deal laura. Ive got the loola with Demi and its fab. Mines like new and only paid £20 off Used Dudley (without carrycot though). You wont be dissapointed xx

i hope i'm not tasha i got to drive to wigan on sunday to collect it. i got my crib off used dudley for £15 i love them sites and gumtree is great as well.

well i'm sorted for all my big things now as i'm going to use all gerts old stuff just need to get her a bed so i can use her cotbed.

oh how exciting everthing is coming together.

just need to find somewhere to live now and settle in and i will be one happy pregnant lady

Hi Dana.

If you time the heartbeat you'll be able to know for sure if it's you or the baby. Baby should be somewhere around 160 (a bit lower or higher is okay too). Your heartbeat should definitely not be over 90 when in a resting state, so that's enough of a difference to figure out which you're hearing.

What I do is find little one's heartbeat, then get out the stopwatch on my phone and start counting until the stopwatch hits 30 seconds. Multiply that number by 2 and if it's close to 160 then you have definitely found baby.

I also found it helpful to listen to You Tube videos of other people using the doppler so I knew what type of swoosh swoosh sound to listen for.

actually, the doppler i have has a heart monitor on it and the hb is 184. i know it's not mine because my heart would be exploding out of my chest but my pregnant head is still telling me it's not the baby.

My trousers are not fitting as comfortably as they used to now. Is anyone else starting to think of maternity wear yet? Do you just order your normal size? How do they last the whole pregnancy? or do they?

Oh that's great Dana, mine is the Angel Sounds one and doesn't have any sort of read out. You are definitely finding little one. I know what you mean though about not believing it. 2 minutes after I've heard and counted I'm still convinced something is wrong or that I was hearing something else.

I've actually worn maternity jeans a few times already :blush:

I think a better option for me though is to buy jeans in a size larger to give me the extra room. The maternity jeans are still a bit loose and I have to wear a belly band to keep them from slouching.

Maternity clothes are too big on me and look quite silly lol
however I do not fit comfortably In my size 0 (us) pants anymore
SOOO I have bought two sizes up ! And They fit perfectly! I also
go for cute yet chic sweatpants ;)

yay on all the great u/s photos can't wait till mine now only a week away.. really belive I am feeling baby as I know when it is gas... very strange feelings..

so this morning was horrible... woke up and my back drivers side tire was completely flat then came back upstairs and dog had gotten sick and peed vomited and pooed in her cage.. I almost lost my breakfast trying to clean it up... ewwwwwwww

I've been looking for maternity jeans this week. The ones I've seen either have the band thats too big/high (proper bump ones)... or they're early maternity which would fit but they're hipster style which end up halfway down my bum because I'm too large for low cut jeans.

For now I'm wearing maternity leggings from Peacocks or regular jeans with a hair elastic in the button hole.

I WILL find comfy jeans though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->