***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

So there we have it. As of Friday morning, I am officially a single mother.

I was finally able to move out of my husband's house and into my own, and that's when he finally showed what he was truly feeling and poured his heart out...and in the process, broke mine. I knew it all along, we're not over each other. We still love each other very deeply and I think the separation has really sunk into us that this is not what we want from our marriage. We both want the marriage to work, we both want our family together, we both want to be able to love and trust each other again, but we don't know how. He says I can eventually move back in, after the baby is born, and if we've done some work on the marriage and feel comfortable with the progress we've made. But he also tells me that if that happens, because the baby isn't his (or at least likely isn't), the baby isn't moving in with me.

This breaks my heart. Who do I choose to let go of? An unborn child whom I love and want very much, or my husband of almost 5 years and our two amazing children? Do I fight to keep my family together and give another couple the opportunity of being a family, or do I start a new family, just me and my 3 kids?

I thought pregnancy was supposed to be happy. I'm far from happy.

Certainly not all pregnancies are happy sweetie. Though I understand the want for that happiness. The child is not your husband's? So does that mean that some type of mistrust/mistake/vulnerable moment happened? Oh my... I can not begin to imagine all the feelings that you are having at the moment.

What a tough situation dear. :hugs: I hope that you can see the options you have in front of you with an clear and open mind. Certainly all your options have pros and cons. Though weighing them and figuring out which is the lesser of two evils is the hardest part.

Your in my thoughts, and i'm sure that all of us are here for you if need be. :hugs:

Thanks Cottleston, congrats on getting to the next fruit!

Brandi, I don't think anyone can really advise on what choice you should make, but I know my concern would be that if you let the baby go, you may lose the baby and the husband in the end if your reconcilliation doesn't work.

Sent my mother an email. Talked about boundaries and what it is appropriate and not appropriate with me anymore. I was told by my cousin, whose older and wiser that parents have a hard time letting go of their "children" and the "control" that they used to have over them, so sometimes it's good to set standards and boundaries that they can live by. So I did. I hope it goes well. My mother can be very harsh and unrelenting unless she gets her way... I just have to learn to play by the same rules.

My husband had a vasectomy when our son was 5 weeks old. I wanted one more child, and he did it behind my back fully knowing this. I love him, so I fought to make the marriage work. In the end, we (thought) we realized that being apart was better, so we signed a separation agreement and divorce papers in July but never handed them in. I, stupidly, in desperation, used a sperm donor at a clinic to conceive my third child. I didn't expect the insemination to take on the first try, but it did, and here I sit, 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. The thing is though, I had sex with my husband on the night I ovulated, and was inseminated the morning after I ovulated, and recent sperm analysis has revealed that my husband had a low sperm count of 20 000. The procedure I used at the clinic has only a 10% success rate.

I went forward with this because, according to a separation agreement and divorce papers, we had the intent to discontinue our marriage and I thought it was time to move on. I should have though much harder about this. I should have at least waited until I was out of the house, and out of school, and until my marriage was officially over. With how he constantly turned away from me when I offered affection, with the lack of "I love you"'s, with the lack of time spent together, I never expected him to admit to me that he didn't want our marriage to actually end. Had I known, had I seen it, I never would have gon through with what I did, at least not now.

I only wish I realized sooner that he doesn't have to tell me he loves me every day, or give me a hug and kiss every 30 minutes to actually love me. I'm just not sure what I want more...this baby or my marriage and family.

wow you guys have had a tough weekend...massive hugs for everyone who needs them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UKcath thats a great scan picture congratulations

and to cottleson congrats on the new fruit!!!

my OH got really cross today as my friend who has known since day 2 has told her parents and they publicly congratulated us at a christening party today....i think he has overeacted as we didnt really know anyone else who was there but he is worried about his family finding out from someone else (he doesnt want to tell them til after scan)! Scan is on tuesday anyway so I really dont think he should be panicking!!

Such a hard situation Brandi. And I'm sorry that everything has come down to this. Knowing the full story now. I can't understand why your husband is making you choose between the baby and him. The baby wasn't conceived out of wedlock (other words cheating). You wanted a third child and he went about getting a vasectomy without consulting you. I've always learned that if you make someone choose something to be with you, and they choose to be with you, they will always resent it. And it works for anything "it's either me or the baby" "it's either me or flight school" "it's either me or the military". Making someone choose a different path in life, is very unfair. And it leaves resentment behind.

You should definitely talk with him about that, because if you give up the baby because he made you choose that, then you may end up losing both because of the resentment it leaves behind.

I hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine the heartache you are having to deal with right now. :hugs: And know that my advice is only given pure of heart. No judgement or hard feelings on either party (your and your husband). Take it or leave it, because what's best for you is going to come from within you and not from what others say. :)

Brandi I'm so sorry to hear what youre going through. :hugs: Would it be too much for him to get used to if you chose not to give up your baby? As that is SO much to ask, I can't possibly imagine... I hope everything works out the way you hope xx

Guys, is it still too early to buy big stuff? Car seats and things like that?
We want the maxi-cosi pebble seat with the familyfix base for the car. They're £150 each but I just found a website that sells the two together for £199. We'd save over £100!!
But I can't decide if it's just a bit too early.....

great scan pic ukcath!
so sorry some of you are having a rough time.

Im thinking about getting a private scan done in 2 weeks. Ill be 16 weeks and they will be able to tell me the sex and also do 4d. Is anyone else guna have one?
xx

im very tempted tasha but think because of my bmi they would have trouble .

I'm definitely tempted Tasha. I'd definitely get one if DH was more enthusiastic about it, but he's not sure.

Brand i hun I am so sorry.. parts of your story sound like mine.. as far as the it's me or the baby basically... I am sorry I can't advise you but I do agree that if you were to chose one or the other you could possibly wind up so full of resentment that you will lose both... I don't think you did anything wrong and you shouldn't beat yourself up... give it time and like you said it sounds like it could possibly be your husbands anyways.. at least there is a chance

My husband had a vasectomy when our son was 5 weeks old. I wanted one more child, and he did it behind my back fully knowing this. I love him, so I fought to make the marriage work. In the end, we (thought) we realized that being apart was better, so we signed a separation agreement and divorce papers in July but never handed them in. I, stupidly, in desperation, used a sperm donor at a clinic to conceive my third child. I didn't expect the insemination to take on the first try, but it did, and here I sit, 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. The thing is though, I had sex with my husband on the night I ovulated, and was inseminated the morning after I ovulated, and recent sperm analysis has revealed that my husband had a low sperm count of 20 000. The procedure I used at the clinic has only a 10% success rate.

I went forward with this because, according to a separation agreement and divorce papers, we had the intent to discontinue our marriage and I thought it was time to move on. I should have though much harder about this. I should have at least waited until I was out of the house, and out of school, and until my marriage was officially over. With how he constantly turned away from me when I offered affection, with the lack of "I love you"'s, with the lack of time spent together, I never expected him to admit to me that he didn't want our marriage to actually end. Had I known, had I seen it, I never would have gon through with what I did, at least not now.

I only wish I realized sooner that he doesn't have to tell me he loves me every day, or give me a hug and kiss every 30 minutes to actually love me. I'm just not sure what I want more...this baby or my marriage and family.

Brandi sounds like a really rough situation. I am so sorry ur going through this. Its sounds like you both have made some mistakes, and really have some thinking to do. A love of a child is unconditional and I have to say I am not sure I could ever forgive a man who did something that to me without taking my feeling into consideration. And if he is angry and resentful at you for making the choice you did and you were still completely faithful to him it sounds like he is still not supporting your wants and needs. And to go through all you have to make this baby meant that this is something you obviously really wanted and God gave you a blessing. I could never turn my back on that. I know that this may not be the answer you want to hear but I am being honest with you. I wish you so the very best and we are here to support you this whole pregnancy. Even without him you still have a family hun...you have your kids. Good luck hun. :hugs:

great scan pic ukcath!

Im thinking about getting a private scan done in 2 weeks. Ill be 16 weeks and they will be able to tell me the sex and also do 4d. Is anyone else guna have one?
xx

I'm getting one Tasha, at 16/17 weeks with BabyBond. Haven't booked it yet, but am sooo excited!! x

great scan pic ukcath!

xx

you can have one before 20 wks?! hmmmmm...lots to talk to the dr about cuz only having to wait 4 wks rather than 8 sounds way better!

Hey Dana you can have private scans but you have to pay for them. I am going to be calling around and see about getting a 3d or 4d one at 16 weeks! Tj is really anxious to find out the sex.

Jakesmummy can't wait to see your pics!

I have been feeling pretty good the past days...nausea is starting to pass. It does still come but nothing like it was.

Hey Dana you can have private scans but you have to pay for them. I am going to be calling around and see about getting a 3d or 4d one at 16 weeks! Tj is really anxious to find out the sex.

Jakesmummy can't wait to see your pics!

I have been feeling pretty good the past days...nausea is starting to pass. It does still come but nothing like it was.

hmmmm unless i had some "spotting" over the weekend...hehe :blush:

my sweetpea ticker got removed umm hello my signature has been the same for many months now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->