***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

Sooooo this is completely out in left field, but it's been bothering me since yesterday.

And it could be considered a bit TMI..... but here goes:

I know that itchy, dry areolas & nipples are common, but the other day, I thought that my actual nipple was peeling, so of course I picked at it, and instead of it being dry skin-like it was more waxy-yellowy.... sooooo of course I googled the hell out of it, and it seems as though it MIGHT be colostrum... I read about some girls starting to leak some colostrum by 12 weeks, but i'm not even finished with my twelfth week. Could I really be secreting something this early??

I mean it wasn't "leaking" (in the sense of needing pads or anything)... if it was colostrum, it obviously just oozed out very slowly and dried up. But it has been on my mind NON stop for the last day and some change, so I figured i'd see if anyone else was having breast issues of sorts... am I the only one? :nope:

No hun your not the only one. I think its cause I am a belly sleeper and the pressure on my breast is causing it. Although now I am more of a side sleeper and its more my right one than my left..but I have been having this since about 6 weeks but I also have kiddos already that I have nursed.

No hun your not the only one. I think its cause I am a belly sleeper and the pressure on my breast is causing it. Although now I am more of a side sleeper and its more my right one than my left..but I have been having this since about 6 weeks but I also have kiddos already that I have nursed.

So glad i'm not the only one. I seriously thought I was defective!! :haha: I am a belly sleeper too.... and lately i've been half belly half side sleeping on my left side (to promote healthy blood flow and decrease heartburn and all that jazz). And it was my left breast that had the waxy stuff. So you have a very plausible theory there. :)

ive been leaking for weeks and did with my daughter too xx

ive been leaking for weeks and did with my daughter too xx

GAH!?! leaking!!! I hope my leaking doesn't start for at least a little while longer.

Does anyone know if size has anything to do with when leakage starts and amount?

I dont think size had anything to do with it...I would think hormones. I try to sleep on my left side...but then Tj breathes in my face and I can't stand it. LOL

Just thought i would share that my brother and his wife had their identical twin boys today and i got to visit with them earlier and they are SO precious...One was 5lbs 1oz and the other was 4lbs 15oz born at almost 35 weeks!

I cant wait till mine gets here..lol :)

Awesome news Lyndsay!! Can't wait to be there too!! So close yet so far away.

Casey, no you're definitely not the only one. Then again, I haven't stopped leaking since I was breastfeeding my daughter, and I stopped when she was 3 months old. I breastfed my son until he was 17 months old, only stopping this past May due to a surgery, and I only leaked if I squezed. Don't worry, completely normal.

So, I finally heard back from the obsterician's office. Because they took their sweet time in getting to my referral, they can't get me in until November 15, and I'll be 17 weeks. 17 weeks!! I'll be almost halfway through my pregnancy by then!

So, I called up the local midwife office instead, and even though they had accepted all the April 2011 patients they could handle, they put me on the waiting list anyway and I would get the next available appointment. Well, they called the other day and I'm in!! My next ultrasound appointment is October 12, and I see the midwife on the 20th. YAY!!

My breast started leaking at 20 weeks, and I was soaking through pads by 30 weeks. They would be heavy like a wet nappy! Lol I had a good supply afterwards, so is this connected?

Its only the one that leaks at the moment on a night when i lie on that side so im presuming im putting pressure on it. Its not loads either just a wet patch on my bra, not enough to wear pads xx

Great news emmysmommy, congrats to you all.
Great feeling reaching 2nd tri isnt it lyndsey

cant believe im 15 weeks already ! xxx

I am having real problems keeping up with this thread ladies, so apologies! Hope everyone's well though :)

Had my first scan yesterday, all went well - nuchal measurement looks fine, but obviously I have to wait for my bloods to come back too. Photographs were great, will try to upload them later :)

Congrats on 15 weeks Tasha xxxxx

ive just bought an electric breast pump £40 instead of £80 another bargin!

wow ur getting all the bargains lol. i havent got a thing yet. did you do that gender test thingy? xx

yeah it was rubbish lol

just looks pee coloured thought it looked green at first :)pink:) but then it looked orange :)blue:) now it just looks pee coloured :rofl:

Argh Pinksnowball! How annoying! I was counting on you to say how fab and clear it was, then I could justify buying one too!! Ho-hum, only another 7 weeks until we can find out for sure though, eh? :)

2 weeks today for me got my gender scan on 22nd xx

Just got back from an aquanatal class, was brilliant! Can't wait to go again next week. Have now ordered my first bit of maternity clothing, a swimsuit as my normal one is starting to feel a bit tight...

Aqua-Natal Classes? I was thinking that was something to do further along.
How did you find out about them? I was thinking about them, but I don't know where they do them in Leeds...
Is it like Aqua-Areobics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->