***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

ha ha!! Everyone says they are lovely pics, and i'm over here telling DH that i swear we are having a pterodactyl!! LOL Cuz I swear I see a beak!!

Got my Down's screening test results back today. Had the nuchal translucency plus bloods. My letter from the hospital says my risk is 1 in 51,000!!! So pretty low risk I think it's safe to say :) x

I get my 12 week ultrasound tomorrow, I'll be 11w6d. I'm so excited to see my baby again. I'm hoping I don't get set back. Last ultrasound, I was put ahead but I keep hearing about how at the 12 weeks ultrasounds, women who were previously set ahead or behind are placed the opposite again.

I was pretty confident that this baby is a girl. All my dreams so far have all been of giving birth to a girl. The first dream, I named her Eden, the second dream, I named her Anberlin, but last night, I had a dream that I went into labour and just as I got to the pushing stage, I blacked out. After I had the baby, my mom had been trying to explain to me what happened during the pushing stage, that I had been conscious, I just didn't remember. And then I went to meet my baby...my baby was a boy. And I was so scared because I didn't have a name for him.

Now I don't know what to think...I know it's either a boy or a girl, I'm just not so confident that I know which one anymore, lol. Not that it matters...as long as the baby is healthy. But if this baby is a boy, I might want to get working on a name.

Its so weird that you say that. I've always dreamt about having a girl. So has DF. And his MIL reckons its a girl too. Everyone does!

I've always convinced that my SIL and best friend would have boys and I'd have a girl.
But today my SIL found out she's having a girl. And I'm still convinced I'm having a girl but I'm also still convinced that I'm having what she's not... arghh!

So confused!! :haha:

when ever I think about my baby I always picture it as a girl. I hope when I have my gender scan at 22 wks I am right because I would be so surprised if it was a boy, I don't know what I would do. I would be happy if it was a boy but I always picture it as a girl. It is so hard time needs to speed up so I know the gender.

What do you ladies think?

It is tacky to make a gift registry for a third baby when you're pretty much starting over from scratch? I just moved out and am now a single mom. I have a double stroller, a car seat, some leftover toys, but there are so many baby things I'm going to need, and I'm already struggling on a fixed income. I'll be able to afford three kids once the baby gets here, it's just getting everything for the baby in the meantime that will be the struggle.

So, for small things, like diaper bags, high chairs, play sets and clothing, is it tacky to make a registry for a third baby?

Also, is it tacky to hold a baby shower, not necessarily for gifts, but more for like a get together or something?

finally started a journal...

Brandi- I think it's up to you sometimes people get offended if you do a shower but if it is just a celebration with no gifts... idk maybe ak some of your close friends that you would invite how they will feel... it's a little different because of your situation.. sorry I am not any help

brandi- i don't think it's tacky at all. my friend just had her 3rd baby with her new hubby and she too had to start all over. i might maybe say "gifts optional" if you're really that worried about it.

casey-i get what you're saying. my first u/s pic everyone was all "awww it's so cute", when all i saw was a chicken nugget, LOL. i do think the angle they took that pic was a little weird but i'm sure the u/s was just picking up the facial bones and not an actual beak :haha:

i always dreamt i was going to have a girl since i was a little girl but last night both DH and i dreamed it was a boy. we're so scared we're jinxing our chances of having a girl since we both want one so badly, so maybe it's just our heads playing tricks.

brandi people prob want to get you gifts anyway so you might as well get stuff you need! just don't push it in their faces, only when people ask?

dana, hehe, think that decision was made some time ago now ;) fx'ed you get your choice but i'm sure you'll be sooo pleased either way in the end! I've a friend that was gutted when she was told she was having a boy, he's now 2 and shes worried about having another incase its not as great as him! lol xx

Brandi- If your friends and family know that you are on a fixed income and need a little help getting the thousand things a new baby needs I think go ahead and have a baby shower, just say gifts optional so there isn't pressure on the once that think you don't need a shower. Most people naturally go out and buy a present when a new baby is born anyway, And its fun to have a little party!!!

just found a lovely cotbed on kiddicare.com its only £69.99 so if your on a budget its even better.

think i will be getting this one for lil bean as gerties was secondhand and the wood as fused so it cant be transformed into a bed.

oh and i brought gert her first toddler bed today from ebay for £20 so that was another bargain lol.

so i now have all my big things for lil bean unless i buy that cotbed so its just little things to get and clothes but they will be the most expensive as little things are the ones that mount up.

Hey ladies. Wanted to say lovely pics!
Cottleston- they wont give me a date for my 20week scan until it's a lot closer also. I have my next appt on the 3rd and I'll be 20 weeks on the 18th so somewhere around there. I'm hopeing for a few days early!
I've been pretty down lately but it's normal for me to go through phases like this. Just want to cry a lot. DF cleaned the house and that was great but now doesn't seem so excited for me to be home when I wasn't originally going to come home from my mom's tonight. IDK what to do with myself right now.

Hang in there MissFox. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. We all have days/weeks like that where we're just feeling blah and nothing much makes us happy. Hope that you're feeling more like yourself very soon. :hugs:

Thanks Bernina! I'm feeling a little better now. The last two night have just been meltdown city! I'm hoping it doesn't last long- but it usually is only here for a week or so.

Hi everyone, got my 20wk scan date through for the 17th Nov! three days before my birthday so a nice present :)

I've decided that I desperately want to know the gender of the baby! :) I've been thinking about it and thinking about it and I wanted a surprise... i really did, but now that it's closer (only about 5ish weeks away) I want to know soooo bad. DH still doesn't want to know, but I feel like he'll come around when the moment happens.

We also declined the 11-13 week scan to detect downs. In my opinion, the baby is going to be perfectly healthy because DH and I are both young, and if the baby has something other then perfectly healthy, we will love him/her all the same.

Have my 12 weeks ultrasound in 4 hours. Can't wait to see Speck again.

Casey, I felt the same way. I wanted to leave this baby a surprise, but I know I'm not patient enough. With my next ultrasound (besides today's) being so close, I think I want to know so I can prepare.

Had my scan this morning, everything was ok. They couldnt find any cause of bleeding and have just put it down to an irritated cervix. Got 2 pics but my scanners playing up so ill put them on tonight when OH is home xx

2ndtimeabs- That's when Im' hoping to get mine since it's DF's birthday! I've got my fingers crossed!
Casey and Brandi- I think that finding out is so exciting! I've known that I'm going to find out since before I was pregnant. Everyoe asks if I want a surprise- but it's not really. It's a boy or a girl. And casey- it's hard to have a partner that doesn't want to know and be the one that does- my mom had that happen when she was prego with my little brother. Her baby daddy didn't want to know.
Tasha- That's great news! I'm happy to hear that everything went well and that babies are doing good.

glad everything was ol tasha.x

i've had a letter from the doctors today to make an appointment with them cause i went to the walk in clinic.

not sure why a little worried now but going in the morning to see what they want.

im sure its just a routine thing laura try not to worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->