***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

Thanks Gemie- when I had my first son 21 years ago (I must sound like a granny now!!:haha:) I only did one test and it was about a week after AF was due and it looked like some kind of chemistry set! But there was none of this worry about chemical pregnancies and the stuff we have now!

:rofl:

well 14 years ago I still got a clearblue and it was a poas one so they came a long quite well for the time!

Oh yeah they have definatly evolved!!:haha: I could write a book on the history of pregnancy tests. I must admit the tests I used for my other children were quite civilised!

I wonder how much more advanced they wil get?

:rofl: my mum didn't know she was pregnant with me till she was 20 weeks!!!!!!

When my mom had my brother (26 years ago) you had to take a sample to the chemist and phone in for the results! Imagine that lol I think I've done about 100 tests while ttc and being preggo. The chemist would have had to ban me :haha:

:hi: Hello ladies, hope you're all having good weekends! I'm planning on a nice, early night this evening I think - perhaps a relaxing facemask and a warm bath. It's been peeing down here all day, and I've only made it out this evening to walk the dog - cabin fever!!

How many of you are expecting your first? I am and don't have much of an idea of what to expect! We don't really want to tell anyone until I'm a bit further along so it's great having this forum to nose around for info.

ok so we all know I am a huge worrier... so I have a questions do any of you ladies know if you are taking progestrone supplement and you mc while on them will it keep you from bleeding???

I don't think so. Before I found out I was pregnant I was talking about progesterone supplements with my doctor how you would start it after OV, if you didn't get PG, AF would start, and the supplements would be stopped until the next OV day. So if you're not spotting, things should be good!

Good Morning Ladies, :wave:

I just got a very nice :bfp: this morning! The due date calculator's are saying EDD is 4/22/11. I am very excited to be joining you ladies here!! I will be calling the doctor on Monday to set up an appt. I am so excited right now!!

Congratulations! :dance:

loopy- This is my first as well. I have no idea what to expect. The only reassurance is that I'm a nurse so I've taken some of this in school, and I work with all women who have had kids recently and can reassure my symptoms. I think because it took so long to get pregnant in the first place that everything feels like its a big deal, and worries me.
I just need to relax, but congrats to you as well:cloud9:

I'm expecting my second, Loopy... but the only reason I remember how I felt the first time round is because I've been reading my pregnancy journal!! :)

I've been thinking about starting a journal, thought it might help me get some of my worries out of my system. Every little thing does seem like a big deal doesn't it? I keep worrying about all my little cramps and twinges even though I've read so many posts on here saying it's normal. My poor OH has to keep convincing me it's probably fine, he definitely has the patience of a saint!

P.S. Congratulations to both of you as well!

hi girls, i havent had chance to read through all the posts but congrats to all the new bfps, ill update tomorrow im too tired now ill just end up doing it all wrong lol.
No symptoms today still :-(

Hope everyone else is doing well!

i heard about the tests that tell you boy or girl but i thought they were an american thing?

anyway im off to watch superbad now, have a good nite girls xxx

Hi Ladies

Hope you dont mind me joining in. I'v only just found this forum and i honestly havnt read the previous posts yet, there is alot to get through lol
Im due baby number 2 on 7th April, although thats by my dates my first midwife appointment isnt till 25th. Not really sure what else to say other than i hope everybody has a happy and healthy pregnancy! :) xx

loopy, this is my first to make it this far with no complications so of course i'm a little on the extremely nervous side :) Also NO clues what to expect but glad to have this place to talk to other ladies in the same boat before we tell anyone...
are you going to tell people after a good scan with a heartbeat? or wait past 3 months? Not sure what we should do...

preggo, i'm a nurse too and it's funny because it feels like everything i KNOW about pregnancy has seemed to fly out the window and out of my head, haha i'm more nervous than ever! I don't know what's wrong with me! hopefully you are able to get some calm from the info you have learned in the past...

lousielou, a journal is a GREAT idea! I can't believe i didn't think of that, i'm going to start one right away, thanks :)

Hope you ladies continue to have a happy/healthy 9months!! :hugs:

Hi loopy, this is my 1st too!

A preggy journal is a great ideas girls, means people can keep up with you too! :)

Mrsspongebob we have the same edd and my 1st appt is 24th :D, whens your scan? I've got to wait until 23.9.10!!

xx

Hi loopy, this is my 1st too!

A preggy journal is a great ideas girls, means people can keep up with you too! :)

Mrsspongebob we have the same edd and my 1st appt is 24th :D, whens your scan? I've got to wait until 23.9.10!!

xx

I will get my scan after you, normally around 13 weeks :(

aww bummer, think i'll practically be bang on 12 wks! possibly a day or so over :)

Feels like a looong old wait though huh? esp when some girls have already had them! but hey, it'll be worth the wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->