April's Spring babies 2013 ---- Babies are arriving

Sorry I have not been on alot ladies. How is everyone? Im doing pretty good, BP is still elevated and now I will have to take BP meds. Isaiah is doing well, eating 2 oz every 2-3 hours. His newborn screening test came back elevated for Cystic Fibrosis. I am really worried and pray it was a false positive. He goes back at the end of the month for a sweat test to see if it is positive. Please pray he will be ok. He does have cleft lip and palate so sometimes feedings can be difficult but overall he is doing really well. I hope all you ladies and babies are doing well!

Hello ladies, finally got seen by someone that made sense today.. :) female dr really nice, did sweep.. Said I was 2 cm dilated, plan to do another Tuesday an induction booked for next Friday making me term plus 10.. At least I have a plan now..;)

Don't know about u ladies but I seem to be starving all the time lol.. N boobs are really sore.. Just
wonder if it body getting ready :)

Loads of BH and don't know if I'm just super observant now had sweep but they def seem stronger to the point where I have started counting them .. They are roughly
every 9 mins.. You never know..:)

Cherry did I read right that u have given Paige expressed out of a
bottle? Are u breast feeding as
well? I really want to do this if I can but been told to Breast feed for a while before introducing bottle
but this would be a nightmare for
me. I havnt bfed b4 so all new to me. It's just with having two boys
already it would be great to be able to let oh feed sometimes.

Spd ladies...u have my sympathy.. It's been a pain.. There is no way I can turn in bed, put socks on,
stairs a nightmare..nothing seems to touch it. As if we havnt got enough to put up with lol xx
So glad you have a plan now hoping the sweep has kicked things off for you though
As for the feeding you can do any combo you want to
You can just breast feed
Breast and express for a night bottle (I did this last time)
Breast and formula
What ever works your body will produce the milk the baby needs

I got told every feed baby puts its order in for next feed so will always be enough until starts dropping feeds
They say wait 6 weeks before expressing and introducing bottle in case of confusion this is rubbish in work (I'm a paeds nurse) we mix feeds all the time if you fo what suits you you will be more likely to stick to breast milk

Sorry I have not been on alot ladies. How is everyone? Im doing pretty good, BP is still elevated and now I will have to take BP meds. Isaiah is doing well, eating 2 oz every 2-3 hours. His newborn screening test came back elevated for Cystic Fibrosis. I am really worried and pray it was a false positive. He goes back at the end of the month for a sweat test to see if it is positive. Please pray he will be ok. He does have cleft lip and palate so sometimes feedings can be difficult but overall he is doing really well. I hope all you ladies and babies are doing well!
Aww hun ***hugs*** did they pick the cleft up on the scan? Feeding must be do difficult at times but do glad he's doing well
Try not to worry about the cf result there are lots that test high and sweat test is normal my niece had a high sweat test and there is another test they do after which came back normal
Cf is much better managed now than years ago try not to read up on the net xx

Cherry you look fantastic! Huge difference in just 2 days!!! must be the BFing :thumbup:

Apple thats great they are FINALLY doing something to help :hugs: woooo for 2cm dilated :happydance: and yep im constantly hungry and boobs v sore, think they must be getting ready for bubs :thumbup: ohhh regular BH sounds more like contractions hun :thumbup: i dont thin BH are supposed to be regular :flower: everything crossed for you hun :flower:

Vidal did they say how long your BP is likely to stay high or why its high after birth? Great news Isaiah is doing well and i really hope his sweat test comes back negative hun :hugs:

We did know he had a bilateral cleft lip but not about the palate.

Aww hun ***hugs*** did they pick the cleft up on the scan? Feeding must be do difficult at times but do glad he's doing well
Try not to worry about the cf result there are lots that test high and sweat test is normal my niece had a high sweat test and there is another test they do after which came back normal
Cf is much better managed now than years ago try not to read up on the net xx

looks like i have post partum hypertension. no idea when it will go back to normal.

Cherry you look fantastic! Huge difference in just 2 days!!! must be the BFing :thumbup:

Apple thats great they are FINALLY doing something to help :hugs: woooo for 2cm dilated :happydance: and yep im constantly hungry and boobs v sore, think they must be getting ready for bubs :thumbup: ohhh regular BH sounds more like contractions hun :thumbup: i dont thin BH are supposed to be regular :flower: everything crossed for you hun :flower:

Vidal did they say how long your BP is likely to stay high or why its high after birth? Great news Isaiah is doing well and i really hope his sweat test comes back negative hun :hugs:

Vidal im sorry you have the high BP, im on meds for mine too but it does seem to help so hopefully yours will sort its self out and a few days/weeks but as long as you take the meds it should keep your BP steady :hugs:

lol im not breastfeeding hun paige wont latch on :( i did try again but she just pulls off so ill just stick to expressing the milk and giving her the bottle.

I went to my doctors app but i cant get my rubella jag because they dont have it on file saying i need it and when she went for my paper work she couldnt find it she thinks the midwife still has it :( so she needs to track her down and find out about it for me other wise i aint getting the shot i was meant to have in hospital....Didnt get it there because the person was super busy and id have to wait until they were free to have it done :( so the midwife there told me to get it done at my doctors and the midwife that came to see me on tuesday said remember and make the app for it :S so now im going to have to say to her tomorrow i was able to get it done as it wasnt in my notes and she couldnt find my paper work :( sighs pain in the ass.

But i got her to look at my scar because i noticed the plastic thread thing hang out so she cut it off and gave my leaking part something which stink a little bit and pop on waterproof bagde to help dry it out :) so i dont need to panic on that lol but i will when it comes to taking it off lol might just get my mum to do it in a few days cause im such a whimp...

Sorry Cherry i meant expressing not BFing...its kinda the same in that she is having breast milk if you know what i mean :thumbup:

Sounds like you had a big of a saga getting your rubella injection :wacko: hope you get it sorted tomorrow hun :flower: how are you healing now? Cant believe Paige is 5 days old already :flower:

I just went to the breast feeding class, it was really interesting but i was the only one on my own :blush: i didnt think hubbys would want to go to that :shrug: still, im glad i went cos there is only 1 more before bubs is due and its like 3 days before :wacko: so now i dont need to worry about it :thumbup:

Vidal my friend had high bp after birth for a while but it soon settled so hopefully u will be same.. Bet ur loving having iasiah home.. Hope his test results come back ok, honestly these little ones cause us worry worry from day of conception :) my eldest is 16 next month n u still worry about something with them all the time;) He is under Alderhey children's hospital for certain things and has to have quite major surgery at some point
so got that pending..
Just want his school n hopefully college out of way first..
Bit of an update:) I seem go be having what I think are contractions now about every 7
mins roughly, gonna try and get a bit of rest.. Bit concerned as I was
like this with last birth, managable
and then waters went and ds
was born full force within an hour..
I hope if they do continue that it's a bit more gradual as I think I was in shock a bit last time as it came from knowwhere:( and this time I'm further away from hospital..:/

Lol still not sure of names yet
:) think it's bcos we r team yellow :) leaving it bit late lol.. We do also like Paige for a girl even more so after seeing ur little princess cherry:) lol or Grace, but can't
decide on a boys :) will have to wait till we see baby I think lol.. Anyway better try n sleep in case
these get worse :)

Apple xx

Lol yeah i know what you mean SM. Ooh glad you got those classes. No men went to the breastfeeding one and there was only 4 of us girls from the classes that went lol. I wish i had more questions on breastfeeding but its not until after you try it all the questions pop up. Like what do you do if they don't latch on right? Or if they pull of your boob and turn away from it like they dont want it at all?

Paige does this she arches her back and pulls away from the boob like its something minging lol so i stopped giving and trying all together and suck to breastfeeding although just giving her that milk on its own doesnt seem a enough to keep her satisfied :S. so i have to go and get another bottle not to long after :( x

Sm glad you enjoyed the class dont forget we are here as well help if we can! I bf dd till 10months so hoping to do the same this time

Cherry do they not have support groups in the community? I had problems at the start with dd and spent 2 hrs at a drop in session with a mw going though latching etc
How often is paige going between bottles? Because bmilk is basically exactly what she needs she will feed more frequent than formula babies as formula has things that are not exactly what baby needs at that point
Bmilk changes all the time formula covers the baby from birth till 6month plus
Quite often bfed babies feed 2hourly
Sorry had work head on lol

Apple hope you got some rest and ready for the day ahead whatever it may bring (hopefully a baby lol)

Paige feed between 3 to 4 maybe even 5 hours. More on demand than schedule

Oh man she can fart to lol

Hi ladies these tightenings seem to hve settled down in the night . so frustrating !!! We will see how things go through today.. Oh has had to go to work:( only 10 mins away though x

Guess it another day of pottering about the house ;)

Come on baby !! Xx I must just be comfy mummy xx

Morning everyone.

How is everyone? Apart from being tired and heavy lol.

18 days till the section, time is dragging

Hi girls!
Apple I hope the tightenings start again! Come on baby apple! X
Cherry, I have heard bf Is tough! Very tough but worth it in the end. Good luck!
Hope everyone else is well?
I have a feeling I will be the last one on this thread to have baby :( it's still so high up! Will post a bump pic. Xx

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/varah89/B343E2AC-281A-440C-BC6D-EE39DB928CDD-748-000000D405AEA2D8.jpg

38 weeks tomorrow and this baby is still in my lungs! X

Hi Jenny! Tired and heavy is right! 18 days! How exciting! I know what you mean about days dragging! X

U have very nice bump rooster :)
I just don't seem to be able to upload pictures. I have an iPhone, do u need to do it from a pc? I can upload to Facebook from phone but don't seem to be able to upload from phone to b&b !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->