Are 5 inch heels to high?

A

Armywife84

Do you think they're too high, more appropriate for the evening and not day wear, or better off left to the strippers?

My issue is I like both of these boots, but can only buy 1 pair. Those wedge boots are very on trend this season and can be dressed up or down. The 5 inch boots are mainly dressy but still an investment piece. For the record, I do know how to walk in high heels. Which pair would you go with?

Attachments

• belle-by-sigerson-morrison-piperlime-6575.jpg
    belle-by-sigerson-morrison-piperlime-6575.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 1567527-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
    1567527-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 10
I like the first ones much better than the wedges x

I wear nothing lower than 5 inches when im out lol, last weekend i was in 7 inches :blush:

the first. i really dislike the 2nd and i dont think theyre on trend :shrug:

the first. i really dislike the 2nd and i dont think theyre on trend :shrug:

Wedge boots are in this fall-winter. These are the only pair that actually look decent, the rest are horrid.

Now the price of the first is $400. Does that change anyone's mind? I'm hoping that they'll drop down at least $50 more. I love them more than the wedges, I just didn't know if it was acceptable to wear that high of a heel during the day?

They're trampy and expensive and I love them :rofl: (the first ones)

I miss wearing heels :cry:

Im going to go against the grain.... I like the wedges best :dohh:

just because they have a wedge heel doesnt make them 'in trend'. IMO they look really old fashioned,, besides wedge boots have been in style for atleast 3 winters now. i like ones like these a lot better.

https://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/...d=208544&parent_categoryId=208492&pageSize=20

https://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/novelette_wedge_boot/10/10586/28369/1?fs=10586

I wouldnt spend that much on them but buy what YOU like. You're the one who is wearing them :)

I agree with Blah.

I love the first pair and really dislike the wedges but I like the ones Blah posted.

But I'm only 5ft and until I was pregnant never wore less than 3.5inch heels. Then I got SPD and can only occasionally wear heels now. :cry:

Have to say the 2nd pair are not very nice, i want too know where is selling them on trend :/ ?! yes wedges are in trend, but they are pointy! i know that seems harsh, but i'm just trying to point out to you how much you should buy the first pair lol! x

Oh.. just noticed Blah's post, SPOT on ! agree 100%

i also just noticed you said the first pair are 400 dollars .... i'm sorry they are not 400 dollars nice either, not trying to be mean, just you asked :) and i feel i would be doing you no favours to tell u to buy an okayISH pair of shoes for 400 just cos they are a little bit nicer then the wedges :)

just because they have a wedge heel doesnt make them 'in trend'. IMO they look really old fashioned,, besides wedge boots have been in style for atleast 3 winters now. i like ones like these a lot better.

https://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/...d=208544&parent_categoryId=208492&pageSize=20

https://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/novelette_wedge_boot/10/10586/28369/1?fs=10586

I wouldnt spend that much on them but buy what YOU like. You're the one who is wearing them :)

3 winters? Last year over the knee boots was all the rage and riding boots were up in coming. Wedge boots? Not so much. Maybe it's because America is a little behind when it comes to fashion. I'm ok with the point.

Mmm, the wedges are a bit rocker, granny-ish :haha:.

Oh.. just noticed Blah's post, SPOT on ! agree 100%

i also just noticed you said the first pair are 400 dollars .... i'm sorry they are not 400 dollars nice either, not trying to be mean, just you asked :) and i feel i would be doing you no favours to tell u to buy an okayISH pair of shoes for 400 just cos they are a little bit nicer then the wedges :)

So if the price dropped more, then it would be worth it? I won't purchase them at 400, but maybe at $350 and $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->