Are bottle warmers useful at all?

Brz04

Reaction score
I bought a Tommee Tippee single bottle warmer today because it was on clearance for $10 and am wondering if anyone has ever found any use for one? I wouldn't have bought it if it wasnt so cheap bc I've heard that most people don't use them.

I have heard lots of people say that they were useless, but we had one and used it religiously. I found it easier to pop the bottle in the warmer instead of putting the bottle in warm water and waiting.

I won't buy one but I registered for one. :haha:

I was between 2 minds over it too. Some mums have told me they're unreliable because it doesn't heat evenly and often has hot and cold spots which is not good for the baby. Also the timer doesn't work well.
They found warming the bottle in a hot jug or running under hot tap is better.

Ours got used for the first little while but you don't need them, no. You can use boiling water in a jug or the microwave - but yes, I know the worries, it took me months to be confident to warm milk in the microwave.

Our daughter got used to having milk at all temperatures so we found we didn't need a bottle warmer. On occasions when it was cold weather we either warmed it up in a jug or judged the cooling down temperature of the water from the kettle for when it was right for her.

i think it depends on what routines you end up setting up for yourself - for some warmers will be brilliant, for others they won't be.

I have a Dr Browns warmer and use it for every feed. Love it. So nice to grab a bottle from the fridge and pop it in the warmer and then climb back into bed for another 6 minutes sleep while it's heats (I actually do this at her 2:00am feedings...I have the warmer in my bedroom where the baby also sleeps). They are definitely not necessary, but I really like mine.

i hated mine when i had my son, just takes way too long to heat up, i just used the microwave and never had any problems and it was much quicker

I have the tommie tippie one. I mainly breastfed my DS but DH always gave him a bottle of express milk before bed. The warmer was great for taking the expressed milk from the fridge and taking the chill off it.

If we ever did formula we would make it fresh and then cool it in a jug of cold water.

I have a Dr Browns warmer and use it for every feed. Love it. So nice to grab a bottle from the fridge and pop it in the warmer and then climb back into bed for another 6 minutes sleep while it's heats (I actually do this at her 2:00am feedings...I have the warmer in my bedroom where the baby also sleeps). They are definitely not necessary, but I really like mine.

This is what we did. It was right in the bedroom. As soon as he stirred, I would start the warmer and by the time I had to get him and changed his diaper it was ready.

I use the Kiindle Kozii, it uses warm water to warm the bottles. Since high heat can destroy the good stuff in breast milk, I am really happy to have it. He does not like cold milk, and I'm okay with that since the milk that comes out of me is warm.

For those warming breastmilk, I found the following tests helpful:

https://www.babygearlab.com/Bottle-Warmer-Reviews

Near the bottom, it shows which ones warm the milk over the recommended tempature to avoid to keep from losing nutrients.

Honestly, I just kept my jug of water in the cupboard and used room temp water to make my formula. I only warmed it up in microwave for the first couple of weeks and after that he drank it room temp just fine. But he also didn't spit up much and has a sensory disorder and is sensitive to heat so this may have played into that. :shrug:

We used ours for the night feeds, super useful, loved it and will use one again this time around xx

we used our all the time - but that because we pre made 12 hrs worth of bottles and kept them in the fridge.

So would just pop it in the warmer for a minute then feed. (whilst this is what we did it not the recommended advice any more.)

If BF doesn't work out this time then we are going to invest in the Tomy tippie perfect prep - it about £70 and makes bottles to the perfect temp fresh in 2 min evertime!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tip...90&sr=8-1&keywords=tommee+tippee+perfect+prep

We give our babies their bottles cold so had no need for a warmer.

I used mine for a while then went back to warming it up in a jug of hot water

we used our all the time - but that because we pre made 12 hrs worth of bottles and kept them in the fridge.

So would just pop it in the warmer for a minute then feed. (whilst this is what we did it not the recommended advice any more.)

If BF doesn't work out this time then we are going to invest in the Tomy tippie perfect prep - it about £70 and makes bottles to the perfect temp fresh in 2 min evertime!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tip...90&sr=8-1&keywords=tommee+tippee+perfect+prep

I registered for something similar and thought I was crazy. Hopefully I get it haha! Seems to be useful.

When I had my babies the hospital gave us premade room temp bottles. When I mixed my formula at home I kept a jug of sterile water at room temp and mixed with that. My girls never had issues. It worked well with them and ill most likly do the same with the boys. I did have a warmer with my first and it was such a hassle i gave up. If at any point i did need to warm bottle i just set the bottle in a bowl of hot running tap water for a.minute or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->