Are prams a fashion accessory in the UK?

nope, i have absolutely no interest in expensive prams.... i got mine from mamas and papas factory shop. i can't imagine seeing them as an accessory and paying a ridiculous price for one. just me though. each to their own.

people shouldn't feel shit for having a less expensive pram... it's what people do with and where they take the baby inside it that matters surely?!?!
x

Totally agree.

Why on earth spend a fortune on a pram and then buy another one if there is nowt wrong with it?. Totally tragic.

No.....I completely disagree! I can have what I like as I pay for it! And also needing a big pram and a smaller fold pram is a necessity to me as I also have a child with special needs that uses a wheelchair so I need to be able to fit two sets of wheels into a Toyota Yaris so therefore it is not tragic!

You could compare this situation to asking people what car they drive though couldnt you? Because basically a buggy is a babies equivalent to a car ... would you spend a decent amount of money on a nice car with all mod cons or would you settle for a cheaper car that does what it says on the tin?

If you can afford something a little more expensive then why not? Its like having £50,000 to spend on a car and going "ah sod it i'll buy an old banger, i dont need a porsche" :rofl:

i dont care i spent £650 on a silver cross pram, £100 on a umbrella buggy for quickness, i spent 4 yrs saving for Rhys to come along lol and with the rest of the money we saved we kitted his nursery out i every bit of mama's and papa's zeddy nursery range i could get my hands on, i worked and paid for it and when i sell it i'll get some money back cos it'll still be in good nick.
i loved my pram so much i spent 8k on a bloody people carrier to accomodate the thing cos it wouldnt fit in my beetle :rofl:.

i bought it beause it looked snuggly and warm.

Im now allowed a Bugaboo Bee :happydance:

So where do I get custom hoods from? :lol:

I spent $130.00 on our travel system which was only 4 months old, from the date on the seat and only used a few weeks!! :D It is nice, it's an evenflo aura travel system and I love it and can't wait to use it! I wouldn't mind getting a pink one though but feel as though that extra $$ can be put away towards something instead. I am all about bargains and saving money! I would rather see extra money I have put into a savings account for education for baby etc... but as I said, I am all about saving money! If you have the extra cash around and can afford to spend money on multiples of the same item, go for it! I just feel for those who couldn't and would like at least one nice "pram" I would love to go out and get a pink one hehe

Wow this thread went crazy since I last posted haha. I love my Chicco and it is one of the higher end ones here...we do have some that yall do that are more high end but they are very hard to find really. But I have one of the higher end ones that is sold in stores around here. But it was only $170 US lol....then the carseat was extra. Even though that's all mine was i consider myself a bit of a baby stuff snob haha...none of my kids shared the same carseats, they each had to have new everything, new strollers, carseats all that stuff lol. I'm always eyeing other people's strollers too haha, I'm bad. But I LOVE my chicco.

Speaking of...I see yall have the Chicco Liteway...are they any good? I'm looking to get a lightweight stroller now for Hayden and we just started carrying those but they are only available online so I can't try it out.

I'm a diaper snob too haha...but the most I've paid is $60US..but it wasn't anything "special" like custom made anything, it was just a Goodmama I HAD to have lol. They use to be so popular you couldn't get your hands on them, they sold out literally in seconds when she stocked...so people turned around and sold them for huge profit and you had to pay if you wanted it...that's how I got most of mine.

wow! I am some glad I live in Canada where a real nice stroller is around $400.00 tops! LOL well at least where I am from, if I walked around having 10 different strollers I honestly think I would be put in the nut house hahahahaha I live the simple life of regular priced items LOL

I'd looove to change my pram every few months if I can afford it! THB I just get bored easily, and I always eye on the other prams on the internet and on the streets then I kind of lust over it for ages and torture myself!
I have the Silver Cross 3D which I got when pregnant which was £350 with a carseat.
Last month I bought the Quinny Zapp in Red which was £120 which is my runabout stroller.
I really, really want a Bugaboo Bee, but OH says no, and the bank manager would probably also disaprove :(

I love prams and always on the look out for something new. Ive brought a bugaboo this time because i could afford it and because i wanted something were bubs can lie flat. I had loads of prams with dd3 over 50 but i used to sell them to make money to buy a new one i cant see what the problem is as long as we have the money to buy them. I dont smoke, go out, drink, hardly buy new clothes for myself, my dd's get whatever they need my vice is my prams!

nope, i have absolutely no interest in expensive prams.... i got mine from mamas and papas factory shop. i can't imagine seeing them as an accessory and paying a ridiculous price for one. just me though. each to their own.

people shouldn't feel shit for having a less expensive pram... it's what people do with and where they take the baby inside it that matters surely?!?!
x

Totally agree.

Why on earth spend a fortune on a pram and then buy another one if there is nowt wrong with it?. Totally tragic.

No.....I completely disagree! I can have what I like as I pay for it! And also needing a big pram and a smaller fold pram is a necessity to me as I also have a child with special needs that uses a wheelchair so I need to be able to fit two sets of wheels into a Toyota Yaris so therefore it is not tragic!

sorry? are you disagreeing with something i said? i don't think i've said anything inflammatory to be quite honest. i said each to their own but it doesn't suit me. if it suits you that's your choice. i'm confused.:shrug:

I think the disagreement was with Xanthe and the use of the word tragic

I think the fact that this thread went on for 20 pages and got as heated as it did illustrates my point a little bit. :rofl: (Didn't think there was even enough to say on it! Hah, how wrong was I)

I'm coming to live in Canada WTTMommy! Save a stroller for me! ha ha ha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->