Are there any presipitous moms out there?

Laylagirl

Reaction score
Hi! Just looking for the presipitous moms out there who can give me a bit of advice... I was actually just wondering if any of you had a scheduled induction or if you just waited to see where you were at time of birth... myblast two children were very fast.. luckily, I was at the dr office for a routine appointment, so I was there for the delivery.., my first presipitous delivery I barely made it to the bed.. but my daughter was born immediately and without the usual set of people that normally need to be in the room, so it was rather scary and dangerous.. I'm just trying to figure out what possibilities there are for me... will I chance it, or will there be a scheduled date? Help!

Could you possibly have a home birth ? My labours were all really quick too like you, they suggested a home birth but couldn't due to my heart problems.

But in the end with my 4th only a week ago my labour actually lasted longer than any of my others (my ones before lasting half an hour and only just making hospital)

It's so worrying though isn't it, I kept having nightmares of giving birth shopping !

They also never gave me an induction date they just said as soon as I thought anything was happening to head straight up to hospital not even to ring them to let them know I was coming or to ring an ambulance if I thought I had less time xxxx

Could you possibly have a home birth ? My labours were all really quick too like you, they suggested a home birth but couldn't due to my heart problems.

But in the end with my 4th only a week ago my labour actually lasted longer than any of my others (my ones before lasting half an hour and only just making hospital)

It's so worrying though isn't it, I kept having nightmares of giving birth shopping !

They also never gave me an induction date they just said as soon as I thought anything was happening to head straight up to hospital not even to ring them to let them know I was coming or to ring an ambulance if I thought I had less time xxxx

Thank you! I don't know about a home birth by choice, I would much rather have the baby in the hospital... but yes, it is very worrying.. I have about 2 months left, but I keep thinking about it... and my husband won't be taking any time off this time around... so he will most likely be working... im think that the worse case scenario is that I have to call an ambulance if my water breaks at home..

I am being induced at 39+5 for this reason. I can't have a homebirth this time because I have a bleeding disorder so we thought it was safer to be induced as my last labour was really quick!

I am being induced at 39+5 for this reason. I can't have a homebirth this time because I have a bleeding disorder so we thought it was safer to be induced as my last labour was really quick!

I see my dr tomorrow.. so I will ask her what my options are.. I would feel a lot better knowing that I will be induced on a particular day... although baby may come whenever he feels like it before that, at least it will take the worry off of these last two months.. thank you for your reply!

I'm not sure how short a labour has to be to count as precipitous so this might not be relevant, but my last labour was pretty quick and the MW who discharged us said that we'd definitely need to think about a home birth if we have another; I'm not sure whether she was joking (I'm high risk so I think it's unlikely they'd be keen in reality) but I guess that would be the usually approach where I live. I would imagine that having very quick labors previously would be a good enough reason to have a scheduled induction, if the realistic alternative is delivering unassisted at home/on the way to the hospital.

I'm not sure how short a labour has to be to count as precipitous so this might not be relevant, but my last labour was pretty quick and the MW who discharged us said that we'd definitely need to think about a home birth if we have another; I'm not sure whether she was joking (I'm high risk so I think it's unlikely they'd be keen in reality) but I guess that would be the usually approach where I live. I would imagine that having very quick labors previously would be a good enough reason to have a scheduled induction, if the realistic alternative is delivering unassisted at home/on the way to the hospital.

Thank you for your response! A presipitous labour is anything under 3 hours start to finish...
I spoke with my midwife and she said that they have so many patients as it is and cannot do anything for me in this situation unless the baby or myself is in kind of trouble.. she said I can only call an ambulance if my water breaks because that is my best bet for a safe delivery.... this left me very stressed out and worried... she did say that she will schedule an appointment with me a few days before my due date and get me all checked out and if I am dilated 3 cm they will go ahead and admit me... but those are my only alternatives.... still disappointing but I guess all I can do...

Oh no, that isn't very reassuring at all! I guess at least you have the option of calling an ambulance, I'm not sure how long your previous labours were but hopefully long enough that you would have had time for an ambulance to arrive, and this time will be the same :hugs:.
I have thought that if we had another LO I would probably have to call an ambulance if I went into labor spontaneously (my last labour was 51 minutes, I only live 5 minutes from the hospital but we don't drive so I'd have to wait for a taxi and I'd be scared I'd give birth in it :haha:)

Oh no, that isn't very reassuring at all! I guess at least you have the option of calling an ambulance, I'm not sure how long your previous labours were but hopefully long enough that you would have had time for an ambulance to arrive, and this time will be the same :hugs:.
I have thought that if we had another LO I would probably have to call an ambulance if I went into labor spontaneously (my last labour was 51 minutes, I only live 5 minutes from the hospital but we don't drive so I'd have to wait for a taxi and I'd be scared I'd give birth in it :haha:)

Lol... yes, a taxi birth is definitely the cliche of births...

My births have all gotten shorter each subsequent time... and my last birth was short! Water broke at 10:45 pm and he was born at 11:19... luckily I was in the hospital... and my dr told me each one gets shorter and they have... but we will see what happens I guess... we live about 25 minutes from the hospital...

But if my husband is at work.. guess I'll be phoning for the ambulance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->