Are we all being good and doing..........

Twinminator

Twingirls2yrs+babygirl
Reaction score
.........our pelvic floor exercises??

I don't have a regime with it, I kind of just do it when I think of it (might not even be once a day... but guess what I'm doing right now lmao), but I have no idea if I'm doing it right anyway :shrug: :wacko:

Furthermore, when does it become "essential" to do them regularly? I know I know, the earlier the better, but I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to get away so lightly in a second pregnancy forgetting to do it, or do it wrong.

So the moral of this story ladies, keep doing the PFEs, keep mentioning it in posts to kick us forgetful lot up the bum (no pun intended), and if I have started a trend of everyone clenching for all they're worth whilst reading this, then my job here is done. No need to thank me. :winkwink:

*Update on page 8 re: electronic toners!!*

i keep forgetting to do it... barely did any first pregnancy and found myself nearly incontinent post labour... that was embarrassing... i am trying to remember this time round but pretty unsuccessfully atm..

im currently clenching ;)

I didn't do any in last pregnancy but since i was on the receiving end of an episiotomy and 3rd degree tear from labour they have been a big part of my life ever since :cry:

How many of us read this post and then started doing pelvic floors while reading haha!

Oooh, poor armywife :hugs:

Nevertheless, I can take a preeeetty goodguess at what you're doing right now chucky...!!! :winkwink:

(Nur nur nur-nur nur, I know whatcha dooooing!)

It's nice to know I have single-handedly saved all your foo foos. I'm so proud.

we should set a guiness world record for the amount of women doing pelvic floor exercises at one time...

Oh dear i forgot lol currently attempting it now.. So is everyone else most probs lol

Here some info on it..

Imagine that you are trying to stop yourself from passing wind and trying to stop your flow of urine mid-stream at the same time. The feeling is one of squeeze and lift, pulling up and in around your front and back passages. When you have practised the exercises for a while, you could try this during love-making, asking your partner whether he can feel the effect.

Some women will feel more happening at the front and some will feel more happening around their bottom. Don't worry too much about this. As long as you can feel a tightening in at least one of these areas, you will be exercising your pelvic floor.

Of course, that sounds easy enough. But the catch is that you have to squeeze and lift without:

-pulling in your tummy
-squeezing your legs together
-tightening your buttocks
-holding your breath

:) xx

Thanks for reminding me! :p

I don't do it for the praise. I do it for the better good of my fellow man. Er, woman.

I completely forget. Its not something people openly talk about so i think thats why. I hear every 5 minutes "dont cross your legs youll get varicose veins". But i never hear "dont forget your pelvic floor exercises".

Oh dear i forgot lol currently attempting it now.. So is everyone else most probs lol

Here some info on it..

Imagine that you are trying to stop yourself from passing wind and trying to stop your flow of urine mid-stream at the same time. The feeling is one of squeeze and lift, pulling up and in around your front and back passages. When you have practised the exercises for a while, you could try this during love-making, asking your partner whether he can feel the effect.

Some women will feel more happening at the front and some will feel more happening around their bottom. Don't worry too much about this. As long as you can feel a tightening in at least one of these areas, you will be exercising your pelvic floor.

Of course, that sounds easy enough. But the catch is that you have to squeeze and lift without:

-pulling in your tummy
-squeezing your legs together
-tightening your buttocks
-holding your breath

:) xx

bugger, i'm doing it wrong.

Me too bmonki.
How the heck is a lady meant to do an exercise simulating holding in wind, without tightening your buttock muscles? I'm never gonna get the hang of it! :nope:

I keep "tightening my buttocks" :haha:

I cant do it lol

Me too bmonki.
How the heck is a lady meant to do an exercise simulating holding in wind, without tightening your buttock muscles? I'm never gonna get the hang of it! :nope:

if im not tensing my ass cheeks then im sucking in my tummy... i dont geddit... if i stop doing both i dont feel much of a 'clench and lift' so to speak. :shrug:

My midwife told me it's the muscle u use during sex for holding onto ur partner during sexy time lol :blush: :haha:
Or just to stop and start while going your wee wee :haha:

I think it's a practical joke or at least it's a man who laid out the pelvic floor exercise rules.

If it'd been a woman, the rules would state vibrating "support implements" as the must-have pelvic floor pregnancy tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->