Are we all being good and doing..........

I think it's a practical joke or at least it's a man who laid out the pelvic floor exercise rules.

If it'd been a woman, the rules would state vibrating "support implements" as the must-have pelvic floor pregnancy tool.

:rofl: You're on a roll tonight lady!

lol i started clenching as soon as i read this. I was like oh yeaaaaaaah that!

Thanks for the reminder, not gonna lie I have trouble not clenching by butt, pulling in my tummy and holding my breath so I guess I need some more practice.

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot it for the last week. you're starting a ripple effect around the world!

I find it easier to isolate the pelvic muscles and not squeeze the butt muscles if I lean forward or backwards sometimes. if that helps anyone.

I guess I should thank you for being concerned about my girly bits lol

*blush* No..... i always forget!!! D: thanks for the reminder though! ;)

Some more background for you ladies (and welcome to The Ripple Effect, Sunday morning readers :thumbup: )

Your pelvic floor supports your bladder, bowel and uterus (womb). So your pelvic floor gives you control over when you empty your bladder and your bowels.

Later in life, if your vaginal muscles are weak, it's possible for your uterus to sag down and push against the walls of your vagina. This is called prolapse. It's thought that four out of 10 women over the age of 50 have some degree of prolapse.

Being pregnant can place a lot of stress on your pelvic floor muscles. Your pelvic floor can become weak and stretched from as early as 12 weeks into your pregnancy. Constipation, which is common in pregnant women, can put even more strain on your pelvic floor.

Good pelvic floor muscles may help to:

•support the extra weight of pregnancy

•shorten the second stage of labour, when you push your baby out

•heal the area between your anus and vagina (perineum) after birth, by increasing the circulation of blood to it

Another benefit is that women with stronger pelvic floor muscles may be more likely to have orgasms during sex. So doing pelvic floor exercises could help you to have a more satisfying sex life!

NICE recommends you should exercise eight times, three times a day. If you are having problems with leaking urine you may need to do them more often. In fact, it's a good idea to do as many as you can as you go about your daily routine. You should aim to make pelvic floor exercises a part of your life for ever.

And a couple of other tips to add to MissJ's exercise tips:

>You may feel your lower tummy muscles tightening, and that's fine. If you are tightening your upper tummy muscles (above your belly button) then you are trying too hard!

>It is just as important to learn how to relax your pelvic floor as it is to tighten it. When your baby's head "crowns" during the second stage of labour, your muscles need to relax. Some midwives believe that a relaxed pelvic floor at this stage can help prevent tearing or episiotomy. Also, if your muscles can't relax properly, they will tire more quickly. So after you have tightened your pelvic floor muscles, make sure you relax them fully before tightening them again. For some women, a gentle push out at the end of each pelvic floor contraction will help.

ooooooh i just did it properly!!!!!!!!!! im so proud... now if i can just remember how i'll be happy...

Lol, thanks for reminding us all. I try to do some but not very often. I'll start now to do them everyday :)

I keep clenching my bumhole :(

How do I do this the right way?

Everytime I see the title to this post on the forums, I clench! Thanks for saving my foo foo, Twinminator!

Oh hell not even tried yet - am sure it will be drilled into me when I start my NCT classes next week :blush:

Ha ha I have a kegals sticker on my laptop!

:thumbup: That's brilliant. Where does one get a kegals sticker?

You can buy them online or you can just make your own. I have one on my laptop... well it's hubby's laptop which I took over... and I don't think he knows what "kegal" means lol :haha: Then I have on on my make-up case and one in my car.... They're just small stickers that say kegal and I don't think I'd ever remember without them.

I also know of a midwife who has a "Remember Your Kegals" bumper sticker.... but that's a bit too much for me LOL

A strong woohoo is a happy woohoo!

A strong woohoo is a happy woohoo!

Tell me about it... it almost seems like since I started this thread, my pelvic floor has given up the ghost (my bump has been going on a bit of a growth-spurt-spree too though)

ummar, I did read somewhere that if you feel tightening "at the front or at the rear" :blush: it's all good. I tried doing the start-stop-start weeing exercise, because if you ARE doing it right, and your pelvic floor IS in good working order, that'll be how you'll know.........
.... but I simply cannot do it. :nope: It's actually frightening me because I'm trying as if my life depends on it. I suppose I've done quite well to get this far (34, twin pregnancy under my belt and 5 months pregnant again) without having to take my foo foo seriously - now I'm gonna have to :dohh: :cry:

Do you know i used to do them religiously before getting pregnant. Now i kinda just foget bout them! Maybe i should schedule them in to my already busy schedule to do at certain times so i dont forget!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->