Are you a.......

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
scraper or a water pourer?!?!

I nipped to the shop this morning, chucked some hot water over my car window, drove there, got back and the man next door was still scraping his car in that journey time!!!

Why would you waste energy scraping when you can defrost in 0.2 seconds?!?!

i think they say waters bad for your windscreen. i know OH scrapes it off.

Because pouring hot water over a window screan can crack it with the sudden temp change especialy if you already have chips (even warm water can do it if you have chips)

I thought also using water is bad can unstrengthen your windscreen....

My OH did it alot when would leave atv5am to save time like you.
He went scrap normally on back window xmas eve 2010 and the glass just gave in completely smashed all inside the car still found glass 6 month later.

For me im a scraper but tbh it doesnt bother me weirdly enjoy it lol

I always have a little giggle to myself when I see people in the UK scraping the tinest amount of their windscreen. I am from Canada and I've never seen people scrape as much as they do here, nor use ridiculous amounts of de-icing spray!! Just turn the car on and the heating should get rid of it in a few minutes. Guess it is just what you are used to though. Pouring water over the top shouldnt ever be done, it can crack your windscreen.

I always have a little giggle to myself when I see people in the UK scraping the tinest amount of their windscreen. I am from Canada and I've never seen people scrape as much as they do here, nor use ridiculous amounts of de-icing spray!! Just turn the car on and the heating should get rid of it in a few minutes. Guess it is just what lyou are used to though. Pouring water over the top shouldnt ever be done, it can crack your windscreen.

Thats what hubby does, he just runs the engine an goes has a fag and its soon done.
Or if its realy cold the git will try and get me to go warm it up for him :)
I do fimd scraping very calming though

I've been driving for 18 yrs and ive never ever scraped because I'm a lazy sod!!!!

In my 18 yrs I've never cracked my screen... !

Touch wood though...... It's bound to happen tomorrow now isn't it!

I use some cold water on it and run the engine for a while xxx

i like scraping it too. i'm a weirdo!
when i lived at home though i just used to leave the car running on the drive for 10 minutes.
can't do that here though.

I put LOADS of deicer on.. then jus leave it!!

Hate scrapping.. too cold x

I don't ever pour water on it as I really wouldn't want it to crack.

I scrape it and it hardly takes any time at all. If I'm organised then I turn the engine on and then load up the car with buggy, bags and kids. By the time it get in it pretty much gone.

yeah water isnt always a good idea,better to scrape it than to have to buy a new windscreen!

OH went out y.day and used his screenwash as the windscreen was dirty....and no sooner that 3 seconds after he used the washers his windscreen froze over and he narrowly avoided an accident :dohh:xx

yeah water isnt always a good idea,better to scrape it than to have to buy a new windscreen!

OH went out y.day and used his screenwash as the windscreen was dirty....and no sooner that 3 seconds after he used the washers his windscreen froze over and he narrowly avoided an accident :dohh:xx

Im always telling oh off for not putting deicer in his wash

I always have a little giggle to myself when I see people in the UK scraping the tinest amount of their windscreen. I am from Canada and I've never seen people scrape as much as they do here, nor use ridiculous amounts of de-icing spray!! Just turn the car on and the heating should get rid of it in a few minutes. Guess it is just what you are used to though. Pouring water over the top shouldnt ever be done, it can crack your windscreen.

When you have an old car though, waiting for your car to heat up takes an age! I never have the time or patience to wait that long. Scraping and de-icer spray for me, don't wanna risk the hot water.

pouring any temp of water on your scream can cause damage
Oh has front electric windows i bet it gets ice o window even quicker than standing there pouring water its brill

in my cr i used to just spry with deicer if bad if not just sit with heater on wait a min or 2 and it goes by itself

I'm a scraper. Although I do switch the engine on with the heat going up against the windscreen then work my way around the car and do the windscreen last so it's easier by then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->