Are you getting ink honoring your baby?

Hangin_On_AGS

Reaction score
So i've been talking to oh about this for awhile, we are both inked and want to add pieces in honor of baby when baby arrives. Oh wants to get LO's name around his cross on his chest, I really want something different. I don't want to get the name or print or portrait but can't think of anything creative. It's going to have to go on my arm since my entire back is already planned/taken. I guess it could go on my leg to but that's really all that's gonna be open.

So if your getting something what are you getting?

Where are you getting it?

And do you have any unusual ideas instead of the normal name or print

You could come up with some design using the birth flower for whatever month LO is born and incorporate LO's footprint

Yes. I'm going to get an ivy vine on my ankle with the birth dates of both boys integrated into the vine in some way. Not sure of the exact design yet.

we've talked about getting foot prints (it would be OH's first ink, too) but i want to think of something original. (ive got nothin tho :-( )

i have my first daughters name on my right wrist. (lily, with some teeny footprints) and will be getting "lucy" on the other wrist :) maybe with a rainbow or something.

I've considered waiting until after our son is here to see what his first interests are. Like, say I see him oohing and aweing over trains or dinosaurs or a certain sound of music, I'd get that encorporated into a tattoo with his name. I've always been a fan of the foot or hand print tattoos but they are so common. I also like the idea of those wooden baby blocks, you could do a few of those with the block letters of baby's initials and/or numbers that represent the birth date. I've also considered a flower in the color of his birth stone. It's so tough to think of ideas that haven't been done already. It's also cute to get a tattoo of one of their first drawings, but of course you'd have to wait a while to do that.

im thinking to get a part of her heart trace round my ankle rather than a name or picture....(the kinda uppy, downy graph thing from the non stress test)

also i have a friend who has a tree on her calf...the various branches all represent different path in her life, there are 2 little birs flying around the tree that represent her 2 kids and one tiny bird in the tree to represent her still born baby that "never got to fly"...just a thought

I have an arc of daffodils (her birth flower) with my daughter's name Rian and her birthdate under it. on my calf.I plan on getting one for the new baby ince he or she is born..not sure if I will use the same design though. If baby is a boy will probably do something different. I love tattoos. I have been inked 23 times..safe to say I have a bit of an addiction!!lol

I certainly will be getting inked once LO arrives for both my kids. DS #1 ill be getting his name on my inner arm few inches above my wrist and it will be in Jewish letter followed by the number 25 cause thats the gestation i had him @ and then his tiny footprints of his actual foot imprint when he was born. This baby i am not sure yet but his name in Jewish letters and not sure of the rest :haha:

I have my sons names tattooed on my wrists.

I got them in 2011, this was fresh.
https://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179671_10150091551944839_947220_n.jpg

I don't show much skin, and I'm not overly fond of getting tattooed lol.

I will be adding this one as well, just trying to figure out where... I've joked I'd have to have a fourth to even out my tattoos haha.

I think i found what i'm going to do. I'm irish heritage and it's important to me and I found that there is a maternity knot, and it is tradition to get a dot for each child so I will get the knot on my arm I think i'm still debating placement with a dot

https://i47.tinypic.com/9zoqqg.jpg This is what i will be getting for my 1st born

https://i46.tinypic.com/2wqtqg8.jpg this is what i designed for my hubby to get

I have Jake's DOB on my ribs and will add this one's DOB underneath. Might add some vines or something around it :shrug:

I plan to get a little bird, as I already have two bird tattoo representing me and my OH, so will get a similar design of a little bird to represent my little one. I like the idea of foot prints/hand prints.
My sister has a vine going up from her foot up to her ankle, with the flowers that represent the months that her daughters were born, and also when her and her OHs birthday month, and the month they got together.

i have a tattoo, but not for my daughter. i think i probably will get something when this one is born. a rib tattoo most likely. ill decide when ive picked a name for the new LO.

I have a pretty big heart locket and skeleton key with my son's name on my back. I am not sure if I'll just have this one's name added to that one or have a completely new one drawn up. I'm not sure where I'd put that one though.

DH and I got matching tattoos for our family. The numbers inside the circle are our bdays, the rings represent our birthstone color, although the pink on the 13 came out almost exactly like the scarlets did.The date in the middle is when our family started..our anniversary.DH designed the tattoo.

After this little one, her bday will be put in a ring on top, and with the color of her birthstone. We'll prolly get the pink to look pinker then.

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 33
Yes definitely getting a tattoo once the LO is here :) DF already has his left forearm dedicated to his daughter but he wants to get one too idk if wr eill do matching or not and i thinj the design would depend on if its a boy or girl as well as personality si well probabky wait a while after baby is born to come up with designs

I've got a lion rampant on my left inside wrist and butterfly with smoke and stars on my right foot at the moment. Once our LO is here, I'm going to get birth flowers for me (daffodil), OH (primrose or violet) and LO which will be Sweet Pea/Daisy or Lily of the Vallry depending on whether it's born April or May xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->