Are you getting ink honoring your baby?

I have plans, believe me. But I'm not sure I'll be able to go through with it (no ink so far!). I would like a dandelion on my upper back. Not too big. It signifies my 5 yo daughter (who loves to blow wishes), my loss with MC, and also the new bundle of joy we will be having in November. I might like to add my daughters' initials into some of the "fly-aways" as well.

If I decide to go through with it, I think I would have to wait until I'm done breastfeeding, right? Can anyone chime in about breastfeeding and tattoos?

Attachments

• dandelion4.jpg
    dandelion4.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
I have a pawprint on my belly (well 2), I was thinking that they were going to stretch loads with my pregnancy but they haven't.
I'm thinking of getting one of them changed to a baby footprint with his name underneath.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-et2VLD3I86E/UOSRJ5vKCZI/AAAAAAAABlg/AII6nXZVN8A/s1600/IMG_2803.JPG

this is for my 5 month old.

When I'm all done having kids (I'd like atleast one more after this one) then I will. I'm going to do their first and middle names as well as birth dates on my right shoulder blade. There will be a mother symbol in the middle and then their names and birth dates will go around it.

I have plans, believe me. But I'm not sure I'll be able to go through with it (no ink so far!). I would like a dandelion on my upper back. Not too big. It signifies my 5 yo daughter (who loves to blow wishes), my loss with MC, and also the new bundle of joy we will be having in November. I might like to add my daughters' initials into some of the "fly-aways" as well.

If I decide to go through with it, I think I would have to wait until I'm done breastfeeding, right? Can anyone chime in about breastfeeding and tattoos?

So I just looked this up.. and you can get a tattoo while breastfeeding the big thing is making sure you avoid infection. I'm getting a piercing while i'm pregnant and plan to breast feed as long as possible so I will be getting my ink while i'm feeding.

I'm getting all of my kids footprints on my back with their names and dates of birth. I haven't been able to afford one, and being pregnant again...well I just have to be patient. A friend of mine has her kids footprints and hand prints on her calves with a really pretty floral design. I love hers, but I am very picky about where my tattoos go and calves are a no go spot.

I have our wedding date in Roman numerals on one wrist and will be getting LO's D.O.B in the same style on my other wrist. There will be more later but that's my first one post pregnancy planned! I have quite a few already and promised hubby I'd wait a couple of years so we can have a bubba then back to the ink! xx

See I'm not a tattoo kinda person. What I really want to get is a birthstone ring, with mine and DH's and the kids' birthstones :

something like this :

https://www.evesaddiction.com/detai...om_Birthstone_Tree_of_Life_Eternity_Band.html

or this :

https://www.evesaddiction.com/detai...al_Band_of_Hearts_Family_Birthstone_Ring.html

I think they're so pretty.

Would be even better if I could get one customised with names on as well -something like this

https://personalise.hsamuel.co.uk/hs2.html?s=2355&c=family_jewelry&sc=rings

or this

https://www.jewlr.co.uk/products/JWL0088-hydra-multi-wave-ring

Almost everyone where i live go and get a tattoo for their LO once they are born. I really wanted one too but i change my mind very quickly and ive put it off as i think i would start to hate the design or something to do with it in the next couple of years, so i suppose you could say i still have virgin skin :rofl: xx

I have one already for DD, which I had gotten when she was around 8 months old. It's the lock and key tattoo, and under it is her birth date

the next one I plan on getting the rose tattoo behind my ear

Attachments

• IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 29906784996299631_L8uTrByV_c.jpg
    29906784996299631_L8uTrByV_c.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 8
I have one already for DD, which I had gotten when she was around 8 months old. It's the lock and key tattoo, and under it is her birth date

Did you see mine a little ways back? It's also a heart lock and key. And my son's birthday is also 5/30 (2007 though)! I thought that was a pretty cool coincidence. :)

*and then I realized I never put up my picture. Doh!
Now it should show up.*

Attachments

• G.jpg
    G.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 7
I'm going to put her footprints going up my side (not sure which side yet) along with her DOB. It's probably going to hurt like a mother but it can't compare to L&D I don't reckon.

I've heard ribs hurt like crazy!!!!! ribs sternum and tops of feet and ankle bones... I wish you could get ink while pregnant. I'm going nuts waiting!

Did you see mine a little ways back? It's also a heart lock and key. And my son's birthday is also 5/30 (2007 though)! I thought that was a pretty cool coincidence. :)

Now it should show up.*

oh wow! That's a crazy cool coincidence! I like the color in yours, it's really pretty. I couldn't think of a nice color combination for mine, so I just went with the greyscale shading

Now it should show up.*

oh wow! That's a crazy cool coincidence! I like the color in yours, it's really pretty. I couldn't think of a nice color combination for mine, so I just went with the greyscale shading

I like the greyscale too. And yours has really nice detail in it!

Now it should show up.*

I like the greyscale too. And yours has really nice detail in it!

aww thank you :hugs: I was hoping I could go back to the same artist to get the rose tattoo for my next LO. I've heard of many people having a designated tattoo artist, and I am honestly jealous as I have never had that :haha:

aww thank you :hugs: I was hoping I could go back to the same artist to get the rose tattoo for my next LO. I've heard of many people having a designated tattoo artist, and I am honestly jealous as I have never had that :haha:

My last few have all been from the same guy. I love his style and plan to keep going back to him for all my ink. It is nice to have a go to person that you know you like and can trust to do good work.

I just have a tramp stamp at the moment lol, a pink rose with a tribal design. But I plan on getting on for Emily once she 's here. Not sure what exactly or where yet but I've always planned on getting them for my kids once I had them. Possibly her name with a some lily of the valley if she's born in May or whatever her birth month is.

I am! My wee princess will be called Lily - so I'm getting a Lily flower on each wrist with Lily under one and Ella under the other <3
xoxox

I have a tattoo on my left shoulder - a forget me not with my sons name in the vine work and then 4 butterflies for each miscarriage. I need to get another butterfly added, but I think I'm going to wait until I have another successful pregnancy to finish it up. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and 1st ultrasound is on the 15th. Hoping this one sticks.

Attachments

• my tattoo.jpg
    my tattoo.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh