Are you going to have the flu jab?

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
Dont know if they do it anywhere other than uk but its recommended for pregnant women, i dont know what to do because i had it last year when i was 5 weeks pregnant and i had a mmc with that pregnancy baby died at 5 weeks but mc started at 8 weeks, so in my head i have the fear that the flu jab caused it so i dont know what to do!! Are any of you ladies having it?

I don't personally get the flu shot. I've never had the flu, or a flu shot.

DH used to get the flu shot ever year, and subsequently get the flu (like, the week after his shot). He quit getting flu shots, and hasn't had the flu since.

It is recommended here, but I don't get it.

I will not. I have never had a flu jab since I was a very young child. I did not with DD and I will not with this one. I have actually heard mixed reviews on it but personally I rarely even get a cold once a year. I haven't actually been sick with the flu since 2005. Otherwise it's been just a cold or a cough here and there.

I had the flu once in my life, it was awful, i get loads and loads of colds, im worried too because my two boys came out of school with consent forms for the flu nasal spray and i dont know whether to let them have it or not, means then ill have to have my daughter have it at the drs because the spray is small dose of live vaccine so i dont want them giving her the flu because they have been sprayed with live vaccine, and i dont want to catch it either lol so i really dont know whether to let them have it or not

Could you not decline the spray and have your older children get the shot instead if you'd rather? That way it's not a live one?

I will get it, and will do so at my doctor. Maybe I'll wait until I'm closer to 12 weeks, although I have an appt at 9 weeks and might just do it then. That might solve your concern about the mmc (I would also talk to you doctor about that - I'm sure that the flu vaccine did not cause your mmc but it might help to hear it from your doc). My daughter is 2.5 and she got the shot at her doctors, it was totally fine. As misspriss suggested, I think the best bet would be to have all your kids just do the shot at their doctor rather than the live spray.

i had the flu shot two days before i found out i was pregnant at 8 dpo. the flu shot has no records of being associated with the m word and i feel safe knowing ive taken it. Baby is fine and happily growing. the flu shot is recommended, since getting flu while pregnant has a higher chance of being fatal for both baby and mom. our bodies would be under much more stress if getting the flu while already overworking to protect baby.

Get one every year already had mine. One year i didnt get it got the flu most horrible experience ever!!!

I didn't have it with dd in 2014 but I'm already ill at mo with a bad cold and I'm 9 weeks so I was thinking of it but I was pregnant over winter last time and was fine so I don't think it's necessary

I got mine on Tuesday but for me the benefits outweigh the risks, I've been getting it for the past 4 years since being seriously ill with pneumonia so it's highly recommended I get it for both mine and babies safety plus I work in healthcare.

It's down to individual choice though and DD will be getting the spray :flower:

Yes, I'll be having it. I had flu and whooping cough vaccinations in my last pregnancy, too. To be perfectly honest, I'm just pleased to be getting it for free! I'm a primary school teacher so I'm exposed to all sorts of illnesses and nasties!

I'm going to ring the immunisation team tomorrow about my kids getting the live vaccine because it says if anyone in the he household is pregnant you have to phone them, but on her he shot instead of spray thing it says in the he booklet they wont do the shot unless the child themselves cant have the spray, so thats out of the he question, but I'll see what they say tomorrow about the kids having the spray with me being pregnant and I'll ask them too about the shot for myself just to put my mind at rest

yes i will be having it
I caught swine flu in 2010 and the doctors think that caused my miscarriage due to how ill i was - i would never run that risk again - plus living in London and travelling on public transport makes flu a massive risk
x

US really recommends one for pregnant women.

I had one at about 24 weeks or so with my daughter, and I just had one Monday at 10 weeks this time. I feel like it's a good thing for me, especially since my father is immunocompromised (he had a kidney transplant almost 14 years ago) and could still get the flu even after he's gotten the vaccine.

I know what you mean about being connecting a shot with a MC. I had to get a TB test for work the day after I found out I was pregnant the first time around. My doctor said it was fine, but I know some OBs say you shouldn't and the nurse gave me a hard time about it and almost didn't give it to me because I didn't have a note from my OB. I ended up MC the next week. I know that it shouldn't have been related at all, but it still just kind of sticks in my mind. I have to get one again this time (I should have one now, but they don't have any appointments for one until December, so I'm gladly putting it off), and it still kind of makes me nervous.

Charlie, from everything I've read, no one in the household should have the nasal spray if anyone in the household is immunocompromised, pregnant, or under a young age (I think it's 1 year old?). I hope they'll let them get the shot instead!

I'm glad to see this thread since I am so back and forth. I rarely get sick but I have gotten the flu shots in the past and in some of my pregnancies. Because of my history I stay away from a lot of things... the shot is recommended here as well but I don't know if I want to get it. I want to be in second trimester if I decide to get it.

Charlie, from everything I've read, no one in the household should have the nasal spray if anyone in the household is immunocompromised, pregnant, or under a young age (I think it's 1 year old?). I hope they'll let them get the shot instead!

I've never heard of this before. My daughter Belle had the spray last year and I was pregnant with Poppy. No one said anything to me about her not having it because of this? :shrug:
She's got it this year in November and there was nothing in the letter the doctors sent about if anyone was pregnant not to have it. And my nephew had his the other week and my sister has a baby?

I didn't get the jab last year though.

If this pregnancy had stuck (i've not deleted my ticker yet) I don't know if I would've had it done or not.

Yes I will be getting it. It's recommended and so I do what's best for the baby. Never had one outside of pregnancy.

I won't be getting it as everytime I do I get the flu. When I don't get the shot I dont get the flu. Hmmmm... Anyways my Dr said its a no go anyways while pregnant. I don't remember her reasining but it didnt affect me as, like i said, dont want to get the flu. There are so many strains of it that whatever theyd be injecting into me is going to be different than what is going around this year. Theyre just going to come up with a new name for it and scare people via media that people are dying from it (shocker, the flu has always killed people with weakened immune systems such as the elderly).

Sorry just my two cents lol . I've heard so much about Ebola lately that its just...ugh! Lol

Im not sure whether to get it or not, dd seems quite prone to getting the cold tho so dont know if its best for me to get it, less chance of me catching it? arghhh I dont know!! :wacko::wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->