Are you watching the Eastenders storyline?

Still watching but don't agree with the storyline.

With the baby swap bit from what I gathered the reason Ronnie took Tommy in the first place was because he was left alone crying & trying to put myself in her way of thinking to understand better you could say, thats what made her take Tommy from his basket. Like I said I don't agree with the SL but still watching. My heart goes out to anyone who has experienced the loss of a child & pray I don't ever have to.

I don't watch eastenders normally, so wouldn't be watching anyways.

The cot death story line i have no problem with, it raises awareness if anything. Other soaps like hollyoaks have done the story and IMO done it tastefully. But swapping babies?!?! Cheap entertainment and really tacky of them IMO. They wanted to create a fuss and grab veiwers with on regard to actual people feeling.... disgraceful!!

And were paying for this to be aired with our TV licence.... disgusting!!

Just out of interest does anyone know if the viewing figures for EastEnders have fallen or risen because of this storyline?? Just be interested to know!

they had dropped during the swap but think they have gone back up :shrug: x

Apparently Samantha Womack (Ronnie) has left because of this storyline?! They said a bit about it on this morning that she never wanted to this in the first place when she was given the script, and its been too upsetting for her and shes decided to leave :shrug: Not sure how exactly true that is but apparently someone is going to release a statement later today giving the reason she left.

Their ratings were down by quite a lot. And yup Sam has quit, she handed in her notice after reading the script.

I am not watching and I watch EVERY episode! The "swapping" part of this storyline does not sit well with me at all:nope:

i watch it and i honestly dont think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be, it could have been faaaaar worse

i dont normally watch eastenders but i did see the new years eve one and i spent the rest of the night looking at my LO balling my eyes out as she slept. I think its appauling how insensitive it is and i really wished i hadn't of seen it i can't imagine what the poor families who have experienced such a tragedy must be feeling. x

I really thought she was gonna shake Roxy and scream its Tommy. She said it once and I wanted to punch roxy for not listening!

Its got to come out soon.. surely when Ronnie starts taking Tommy out Kat is going to realise, shes already noticed the baby wasnt hers.

I really dont think the whole SIDS storyline is bad and i thought the reaction from Kat over losing her baby has been very well done, i believe its good to raise awareness but i do think the swap has gone to far. I thought it was ok at first as i can actually imagine someone in Ronnies state of mind doing something like that especially seeing Tommy on his own, but i think it should have ended that night when she realised what she'd done and was taking Tommy back.

To keep the story going with Ronnie keeping Tommy is ridiculous and im not surprised Ronnie has quit.

Everyone's hearing different things but I'm pretty sure Ronnie realises at the funeral and takes the baby back, it'll all come to light within the next week. The storyline and aftermath will continue until the Spring until Ronnie leaves the show.

Edit: Saying that, I've just read this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12134763
Thought I suppose Spring isn't that far away but I really don't know if I can watch this much longer :nope:

UGHHHHHH! This episode made me so freaking angry. Ronnie's attitude when Kat came over and just wanted to hold him.. it was disgusting and it really upset me, then when Kat broke down it had me in tears. I know it's not real but come on.. it's KAT'S baby, give him back! Don't hold him like he's yours! I really don't think I can watch anymore.

That was awful :nope: Jessie Wallace is an incredibly good actress.

I know it's not real but Ronnie's attitude made me really angry

Omg i was so pissed off watching eastenders then the way she spoke to Kat i wanted to slap Ronnie i know that's deffo ott and bitchy but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->