Argh! Help with supplements...

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I had mc 27 days ago and since then I've been on lots of supplements to build my system and clear the hormones out.
I now think I might have ov'd and I now need to work out which of the cocktail of potions I'm taking you shouldn't take in the tww.
I think the ones that are fine are....
Prenatals
Flaxseed oil
Omegas
Mini aspirin
Green tea tablets/drink
Folic acid
Nettle tea

The ones I'm not sure about are
Evening primrose oil
St. John's wort
Agnus castus
Raspberry leaf tea capsules and drink
Maca.
Milk thistle

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks all!!

Xxx

Hi munchkin!

I think everything in your 'safe' list is fine.

They say you shouldn't take evening primrose oil after ovulation though my doctor says not to worry unless I'm actually pregnant. The maca should be fine, as far as I know. But I don't know about all the other supplements on that list I'm afraid.

Best of luck!

Munckin, I never heard that red raspberry leaf is bad to take during pregnancy, in fact I've heard the opposite & that it can even help with labor!

I'm in the 2ww, still taking vitex, only 1 pill/day and I'm going to keep taking it through the 1st trimester if I get my BFP as I've read SO many stories on here of women who started bleeding etc. from stopping it prematurely so unless my doc says I have to def stop, I don't plan to!

Thanks. Yes there's conflicting advice about raspberry leaf in early pregnancy I'm not sure why! I'll drink a cup or 2 a day but no supplements. And tbh since my mc I've drunk so much of it I'm sick of it !
Not sure about vitex. I only started taking it on Monday and am taking 1600 mg (4 capsules) a day. I'll definitely reduce that but not sure whether to take 1 or 2.

read the labels and they should tell you. I got a scare as my multivitamins contain vitamin A and state don't take if ttc or pregnant...! thankfully it didn't have a high dose and the clinic weren't worried, just stopped taking them when I got my bfp and realised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->