around 40 and TTC#1 (aka: just curious)

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
who else is 40/+ and TTC #1?

I get the impression most of the ladies here who are TTC #1 are <40 and the >40 are TTC #2 or more?

me, I´ve just turned 40 (although I still feel 33 :winkwink:) and i´m TTC #1 since sept´10. had a MMC in dec´10.

:kiss:

ME!!!

I turned 40 at the end of January, and I've never been pregnant.

Not 40 until December, but trying(and trying, and trying) for #1 :wave:

Me Kosh!:hi: I'm 41, never been pregnant, and am determined to concieve No.1 soon!!!!! Like you, we've been trying since Sept 2010, although I've had two duff cycles in the time so not counting them - good luck!!!!!xXx

I'm 40 turning 41 in December - although I still feel 25 :) And DH is 40 turning 41 in July but he also feels about 25 :)

I've never been pregnant and DH & I are TTC #1

We tried for 11 cycles in 2009 and never saw a BFP in all that time :nope:

This time we've only been trying for 1 cycle so far since coming off my BC in March 2011.

Good luck & :dust: to all TTC :dust:

Hi Macwooly - corr innit hard, I've not had a single sniff:nope: of a BFP since we've been trying and its so disheartening..... I'd just like to know if I can get preg at all, I'm feeling like I haven't even got that hope to cling onto at the moment - d'you know the feeling?

Anyway, I'm on CD12 at the moment, onwards and upwards this could be it!! Loads of luck and baby dust for your BFP too!!xXx

Jax - yeap I now that feeling about wondering if I can even get pregnant :nope:

Before I met my DH I had been married before and also in a long term relationship and yes I used BC with both but not even 1 scare in all that time so I don't even know if I'm fertile :( Thankfully we have a lovely GP who I know will refer us for the whole range of tests once we've been trying again for 3 months if no BFP in that time.

Sending loads for PMA and :dust: for this to be your month Jax :dust:

Snap! Makes you wonder whats been going on in there after all these years doesn't it?

Glad you've got a lovely GP, that's really good news! Fortunately I have too, she has done my bloods already which were okay (no need to test DH he has 3 already) and said if not preg by the summer to go back as she felt that we'd really not given it long enough, but that seemed like ages ago when she said it before Christmas and now summer is only just round the corner - c'mon BFP's hurry up!!!!!!

Thank you for the PMA and dust, sending lots back to you to!!:kiss::hugs:xXx

so is that all? not many of us really!

good luck and :dust: to all

But easier to keep an eye on each other and will us all on to our BFPs :dust:

Im 39 in october and trying for my first. Been with hubby 9 years but I was always a career girl plus hubby is 9 years younger so we just waited.

Im started to recognize some of the same names on here so perhaps we can keep this thread alive to check back in with eachother? even though I like to talk to everyone I especially would like to talk to people my age TTC their first.

can everyone do a little update about how long they have been TTC etc?

my signature kinda explains my situation :thumbup:, Im going to be trying naturally for a few months then next step is clomid, then iui.

macwooly - absolutely right! :flower:
sarah - great idea :thumbup:

:dust:

hey you ladies that are 40/41, do you look at me being 38 right now and think Im young and have plenty of time? thats the way I look at people who are 36! meanwhile when its yourself you tend to panic a little

hey you ladies that are 40/41, do you look at me being 38 right now and think Im young and have plenty of time?

haha deffinetely!

there was a thread a while ago called something like "wow 36 and pregnant".
i was of course very happy for her, and at the same time could not help thinking: what´s the big deal, you´re only 36!! (please please don´t get me wrong!!)

hey you ladies that are 40/41, do you look at me being 38 right now and think Im young and have plenty of time?

haha deffinetely!

there was a thread a while ago called something like "wow 36 and pregnant".
i was of course very happy for her, and at the same time could not help thinking: what´s the big deal, you´re only 36!! (please please don´t get me wrong!!)

Generally if I hear someone 35+ has got a BFP then I'm usually just genuinely happy for them and don't really think about their age too much.

But I never wanted a baby before meeting my DH when we were both 35 and I was 38 before we TTC the first time so maybe that's why it doesn't cross my mind much

I can't really venture into the other TTC section too much as steam comes out of my ears when the ladies in that section worry about being too old to get pregnant when they are only 25 :growlmad:

Im started to recognize some of the same names on here so perhaps we can keep this thread alive to check back in with eachother? even though I like to talk to everyone I especially would like to talk to people my age TTC their first.

me too!

can everyone do a little update about how long they have been TTC etc?

i met my DH in december 2007. we had a totally unplanned pregnancy in 2008 that turned out to be ectopic. luckily i was in good hands and i managed to keep both my tubes. we had a very difficult couple of years after that (moving countries, jobs, etc etc) so TTc was not in our minds really. we started talking about it in mid 2010, but i wanted to deal fisrt with some stressful situations back home, so we only started NTNP in Sept´10. Got pregnant in November, but had a MMc at 7w. Started TTC properly in Jan 2011, and although it has not been long at all, it´s been very (very) stressful for me, mainly since I turned 40 in march.

well, that´s my story! anyone else?

lots of :dust: for us old :winkwink: ladies trying for their 1st!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->